what ethnic group today is the closest to the non sub saharan ancestry of somalis?

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Egyptians in general.

The mainstream Egyptian vs Copt Egyptian difference is not that great, although it exists.
Also what’s up with some people claiming that copts originate in Greece? Where did that claim come from? I’ve seen afrocentrics throw that around whenever they were told the truth about the coptic egyptians being the closest to the ancient egyptians lol

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Also what’s up with some people claiming that copts originate in Greece? Where did that claim come from? I’ve seen afrocentrics throw that around whenever they were told the truth about the coptic egyptians being the closest to the ancient egyptians lol

Just like how people smear Somalis with being part Arabian because of the names/culture. Same silly reasoning.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Natufians cluster strong to Arabs

2fdrZf8.png
6F9849I.png

Apollo

VIP
How? Yemeni seem more likely ngl.

Cushites moved from Northeast Sudan, so Egypt makes more sense that way.

When Yemenis moved to the Horn they mostly only went directly to the Eritrean-Ethiopian highlands rather than the arid regions of the Horn.

The late medieval Arabian migrations across the Indian Ocean only affected a few urban areas like Zeila, Mogadishu, Merka, Brava etc and not inland areas (only exception maybe Harar).

southside

Hiiraan
what group did arabs originate from? not the natufians but i want to know a group more recent, like the group thats ancestral to them

Cushites moved from Northeast Sudan, so Egypt makes more sense that way.

When Yemenis moved to the Horn they mostly only went directly to the Eritrean-Ethiopian highlands rather than the arid regions of the Horn.

The late medieval Arabian migrations across the Indian Ocean only affected a few urban areas like Zeila, Mogadishu, Merka, Brava etc and not inland areas (only exception maybe Harar).
Yh but you're assuming those Cushites mixed with the proto-Egyptians at the time and I doubt they were as Arab as the Egyptians of today anyway. I think you're talking about Beja Cushites.

Apollo

VIP
what group did arabs originate from? not the natufians but i want to know a group more recent, like the group thats ancestral to them

Arabians mostly descent from people who left the Jordan area around 5,000 years ago when they got goats and other more arid resistant livestock.

Whatever lived in Arabia before that time probably was completely absorbed by them and no longer exists in pure form. I suspect they may have been groups related to Paleo-Horners as even totally unmixed Arabian Bedouins have some Paleo-HOA lineages at times (especially maternal) and cannot always be explained by slave trade (i.e. over 5,000 year old lineages etc not found in the Horn).

Trending