what does somalia need in order to become a 1st world nation?

chinas dessert are just as bad, and large swaths of their population is very broke and just as impoverished as Somalia and live on a dollar a day lol, maybe you might think chinas such a big deal due to getting dominated because you live in Australia(china bullies you guys) but over here in the US we see them as a developing country at best

@Tukraq

Have you heard of the Chinese initiative called the Silk Road, (One Road, One belt initiative)? Developed countries are signing to it.

Don't worry, you will get Tukraq for $112.00 plus a modern apartment for each of the 385 people living there. No more Somaliland and Puntland playing dangerous games on your people's lives. Free at last.

Tukraq

VIP
@Tukraq

Have you heard of the Chinese initiative called the Silk Road, (One Road, One belt initiative)? Developed countries are signing to it.

Don't worry, you will get Tukraq for $112.00 plus a modern apartment for each of the 385 people living there. No more Somaliland and Puntland playing dangerous games of your people's lives. Free at last.
is that what their doing in Australia :siilaanyolaugh:
imagine a poor developing country that does americas slave labour building our shoes and phones is now buying up Australia houses by house and owns your port:lolbron: like I said I can't see Somali becoming first world but I can easily see it having a higher gap per capita than china once the oil drops, intact Somalia has a better looking future than Australia as you guys will literally be a Chinese colony in the near future:drakelaugh:

is that what their doing in Australia :siilaanyolaugh:
imagine a poor developing country that does americas slave labour building our shoes and phones is now buying up Australia houses by house and owns your port:lolbron: like I said I can't see Somali becoming first world but I can easily see it having a higher gap per capita than china once the oil drops, intact Somalia has a better looking future than Australia as you guys will literally be a Chinese colony in the near future:drakelaugh:

@Tukraq

Final call from chairman Xi Jinping, 113.097 for Tukraq and be like Moses, the guy who freed his people from tyranny.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
IQ above 68

On a serious note, we need to have people in power that cannot be bribed.

Which requires an average IQ over 68.

Otherwise you'd end up selling away our fishing rights worth tens of millions for a bag of khat.

IQ above 68

On a serious note, we need to have people in power that cannot be bribed.

Good luck getting that from the residents of two clan enclaves who represent the mentality of all Somalis and they spend their meagre resources fighting over a dusty barren land called Tukraq. Thousands died over the last five years, millions of dollars were spent on militias and these people couldn’t dig wells that would cost ten quid each for these people and their animals to drink. When it comes to fighting, they will spend every penny they had and even mortgage their future to get loans from some shady loan sharks businessmen from the Gulf. Currently, two wars are raging in that region and so far, hundreds of people have lost their lives. What’s to follow is a massive drought that will wipe out tens of thousands more. Then, they will ask the world to feed them. Same old story, let’s fight, murder one another and self destruct because foreigners will feed us. Selling to China is a more humane way to solve it and later on, it might increase the I.Q of their offsprings in the coming generations. Otherwise, it would only get worse because the world will stop caring about these crazy people and they will cannibalise each other to survive. Some are content with it and want to defend the behaviours of a nation of 68ers that are permanently locked up in that sort of a tragic abyss.

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
1. A competent government, which will help unify the States into an actual "Federal" government, not this mess of meeting once in a full moon and then arguing over who has what % of what.

2. Education, we all know how important this is so I won't dwell on in.

3. A functional standing army, that will deal with AS, IS and whoever want sto mess with us. The one problem that I see with the SNA is that, they are very VERY incompetent, I mean look at the people leading them, over weight and zero experience with the military. Another point is, when they are trained, it's usually by PMCs or AMISOM, which we all know aren't in Somalia for her benefit, this results in soldiers that aren't exactly up to scratch, but I hope that their experience will refine them. Lastly, there is no proper logistics, giving corrupt officials to show their clan favors- i.e only buy from them or sell the rations and weapon to them. This gives us the current mess that we are in now, soldiers with no hope of seeing the rising sun, unless backed by foreign troops.

4. Prioritization of the nation, instead of foreign countries. We all know that the current President is just in charge because the US and the West said it's ok, if someone came along that said "Somalia is my priority!", then the Capital and other regions would suffer increased terrorist attacks and economic sanctions.

5. Isolation. Yes your read properly, ISOLATION, this is what Somalia needs right now, time to deal with her own problems and recover from the last few years of carnage. I understand that we cannot develop without the knowledge that has allowed other nations to develop, however the Government, State of Federal I don't care, can attract the professionals-- the engineers, doctors, teachers, nurses,etc. These people can be given preferential treatment, especially if they are engaged in the industrial sector- mining, manufacturing, etc.

Apart from these I have nothing else to say, feel free to add. And please keep this discussion civil, this about ALL of Somalia, not just the part that you hail from.

1. A competent government, which will help unify the States into an actual "Federal" government, not this mess of meeting once in a full moon and then arguing over who has what % of what.

2. Education, we all know how important this is so I won't dwell on in.

3. A functional standing army, that will deal with AS, IS and whoever want sto mess with us. The one problem that I see with the SNA is that, they are very VERY incompetent, I mean look at the people leading them, over weight and zero experience with the military. Another point is, when they are trained, it's usually by PMCs or AMISOM, which we all know aren't in Somalia for her benefit, this results in soldiers that aren't exactly up to scratch, but I hope that their experience will refine them. Lastly, there is no proper logistics, giving corrupt officials to show their clan favors- i.e only buy from them or sell the rations and weapon to them. This gives us the current mess that we are in now, soldiers with no hope of seeing the rising sun, unless backed by foreign troops.

4. Prioritization of the nation, instead of foreign countries. We all know that the current President is just in charge because the US and the West said it's ok, if someone came along that said "Somalia is my priority!", then the Capital and other regions would suffer increased terrorist attacks and economic sanctions.

5. Isolation. Yes your read properly, ISOLATION, this is what Somalia needs right now, time to deal with her own problems and recover from the last few years of carnage. I understand that we cannot develop without the knowledge that has allowed other nations to develop, however the Government, State of Federal I don't care, can attract the professionals-- the engineers, doctors, teachers, nurses,etc. These people can be given preferential treatment, especially if they are engaged in the industrial sector- mining, manufacturing, etc.

Apart from these I have nothing else to say, feel free to add. And please keep this discussion civil, this about ALL of Somalia, not just the part that you hail from.

I like your ideas alot. Where have you been hiding sxb? What I would add is the SNEDB as a sixth paragraph. You can read about it here.

https://www.hiiraan.com/op4/2018/sept/160227/a_somali_national_economic_board.aspx

Last edited:

Tukraq

VIP
Smh, complaining about 69 iq, then giving low iq answers like “we can’t”, when the correct response should be “how can we?”

Lets be realistic, Somalia does actually have the potential to become a first-class nation, but Somalis living back home need to abandon the bad aspects of our culture that inhibit potential economic development. If Somalis collectively take control over their destiny then nothing can stop them from experiencing the same industrial economic success that took place in Japan, Singapore and Germany etc.

The quality & economic success of a nation is directly tied to the quality of it's people.

Tukraq

VIP
Lets be realistic, Somalia does actually have the potential to become a first-class nation, but Somalis living back home need to abandon the bad aspects of our culture that inhibit potential economic development. If Somalis collectively take control over their destiny then nothing can stop them from experiencing the same industrial economic success that took place in Japan, Singapore and Germany etc.

The quality & economic success of a nation is directly tied to the quality of it's people.
I disagree with that honestly, it’s not really tied

I disagree with that honestly, it’s not really tied
You're delusional if you think low quality people can build a sophisticated and industrious nation.

The proof is in the pudding, all self-sufficient & economically advanced nations, such as Japan, Germany, Singapore are inhabited by highly educated people with advanced skills.

You're sorely mistaken if you think there is an easy route to economic success.

Tukraq

VIP
You're delusional if you think low quality people can build a sophisticated and industrious nation.

The proof is in the pudding, all self-sufficient & economically advanced nations, such as Japan, Germany, Singapore are inhabited by highly educated people with advanced skills.
Japan and Germany had the luxury of being built by the USA after world war 2 where America formed their new government and opened up its market to their products in certain niches on purpose artificially(didn’t let American companies compete with it) a major example of this is the difference between south and North Korea due to these reasons, you don’t need any of the stuff you mentioned being a niche economy trading with a world superpower, the money will come in automatically, I don’t believe in low quality people but if there was a such thing yes they could through resources and finding their niche in the world economy

Japan and Germany had the luxury of being built by the USA after world war 2 where America formed their new government and opened up its market to their products in certain niches on purpose artificially(didn’t let American companies compete with it) a major example of this is the difference between south and North Korea due to these reasons, you don’t need any of the stuff you mentioned being a niche economy trading with a world superpower, the money will come in automatically, I don’t believe in low quality people but if there was a such thing yes they could through resources and finding their niche in the world economy
That's false & it's clear you lack knowledge about history and economics. Japan & Germany were already successful & highly developed nations prior to WW2 & WW1, both countries began industrialising in the 19th century & became developed in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

The economic successes enjoyed by Japan & Germany were a direct result of the highly skilled native peoples that built those nations. It's undeniable.

Last edited:

Tukraq

VIP
That's false & it's clear you lack knowledge about history and economics. Japan & Germany were already successful & highly developed nations prior to WW2 & WW1, both countries began industrialising in the 19th century & became developed in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

The economic successes enjoyed by Japan & Germany were a direct result of the highly skilled native peoples that built those nations. It's undeniable.
Japan and Germany were in a worse position than Somalia after ww2 as the whole place got bombed down, they are now niche economy nations along with South Korea that largely gain from the US, look at other “developed” countries before WW2 like the UK and France an their economies suck in comparison(took away colonialism) this is due to having americans literally write your constitution, and put an economic focus on opening their markets to you at the cost of its own in those niches, if the US instead said f*ck off and just out competed it, both would be in horrible positions today as Japan has no resources so America not giving it the niche would be disastrous (remember before ww2 Japan just Pillaged for resources and Germany had the worst economy in Europe for like 2 or 3 decades after ww1)

Tukraq

VIP
@SOMALI GENERAL i don’t know why you qashined, it’s a true advantage they used to get to where they are, if Somalia had the same relationship and market to sell(America) it would be in the same situation, these niche economies of the world were created for the American consumer by America, US made Saudi as we know it today, America could have been instead oil sufficient if it wanted to considering its top 3 in oil reserves, instead they opened their markets to this niche, if america starts making a effort into buying Somali oil we would reap the same Beni fits it’s not rocket science, same with German cars in the 60s and 70s American cars were far better with the mustangs and Camaro's, but the US government made the effort in building up Germany for this niche and brought all these Volkswagens and what not to the US in the late 70s and didn’t send American cars back to Germany so it could take the market, same with China if the US today decided hey were going to move all are manufacturing jobs from China for better prices in say a high poverty high population nation like Ethiopia it would see trillions come in, so it’s not about those countries “quality” populations at all

Trending