What do you think about Siyad Barre ?

If Siad Barre peacefully stepped down, to an another fellow irredentist, I would have not been a refuge, many would not have been killed and we would heal and strenghten ourselves to liberate our regions again. He was good at the start then became we lost the war, the economy went down, he could not fulfill the needs of the people and rebels group where on the rise, he did not want to step down and from there he killed many people and of course the isaaqs suffered the most losses.

Still no leader today surpasses him in the good he did for the Somali people. He was fearsome, he was strong and he was a international player, he did a lot for cultural heritage, the somali language and culture. I don't believe in the rumors that he was tribalistic, he died with no wealth for himself and his family, he truly was tribalistic then his family would be leaving to the west with a lot of cash like the shah of Iran.

No. The root of the problem is the Somalis cannot be civilised into a nation state. The animal nature is too strong. Even with Islam you cannot hold back the evil temperament of the somali, it runs too deep. One British anthropologist said of the Somalis in the 1900's "Somalis are vindictive, quick to temper and always looking take advantage of circumstances". This is the nature of the threat, and it has little to do with Barre.

Hawiyes were slaughtered in Mogadishu coz of him. As he was leaving he armed his tribe and told them to kill Hawiyes. Hence the insane bloodshed in Mogadishu. Northerners did not originally live in the capital. After decades of neopotism and getting unfairly promoted they killed the inhabitants and went to their lands. Now play the victim and wonder why ppl dislike them.

Hawiyes were slaughtered in Mogadishu coz of him. As he was leaving he armed his tribe and told them to kill Hawiyes. Hence the insane bloodshed in Mogadishu. Northerners did not originally live in the capital. After decades of neopotism and getting unfairly promoted they killed the inhabitants and went to their lands. Now play the victim and wonder why ppl dislike them.

Lmao bs. Siad barre stopped the military from massacring the people in the capital. And left the city. it's well-known that he said, "habada shacabka iga daaya". And made habar on anyone that was shooting. Not many hawiye were killed, and that's well-known. Only isaaq can claim to have been massacred. He also didn't army his tribe and order them to kill hawiye wtf. The amount of propaganda against MSB aun these days. He isn't even alive, don't lie about him. He had his wrongdoings but xasuuqing hawiye in mogadishu was not one of them.

No. The root of the problem is the Somalis cannot be civilised into a nation state. The animal nature is too strong. Even with Islam you cannot hold back the evil temperament of the somali, it runs too deep. One British anthropologist said of the Somalis in the 1900's "Somalis are vindictive, quick to temper and always looking take advantage of circumstances". This is the nature of the threat, and it has little to do with Barre.

The notion that Somalis are too wild to be civilized is ridiculous. Look at the bedouin Arabs, they have the exact environment and pastoral traditions as Somalis and they're still functioning decades later.

Evidence is clear 1960-1969 there was no human right violation or state sponsor atrocities anywhere in Somalia. Show me when did the government or apposition target civilians based on tribal affiliation before 1969, you won't find any because it started after Siad Barre become president.

The ignorance in this thread Stinks. Move on Somalis, why y’ll stuck in the past? a lot of mistakes were made but that’s an experience we should learn from it. I don’t see why people are talking ill of the dead. That’s a sin in itself, fear Allah. Let’s talk about the present, what we can do to improve the status quo.

Doesn't matter what you think of him, he did not destabilise the nation. He kept Somalia in order for a very long time, although I disagree with him on some things, I believe he did good for the nation, and his liberation of Somali galbeed was great and would have succeeded if not for the communist russian dogs and their lapdogs.
I don’t think anyone argues with the great things he did in somalia but he literally reversed it all the minute he started killing his own people. His bad outweighs his good. AUN to all the innocent Somalis that died. Ameen.

He was a dictator but he did good. Ended up becoming a piece of shit after the Ogaden.

He was the last leader to care about his country, better than the xaar stains calling themselves madaxweyne of their various crappy federal states.
How was he a good dictator if he killed innocent people :cosbyhmm: intact he has more blood on his hands than these “xaar stains calling themselves madaxweyne” a criminal is a criminal irregardless of his qabil.

The ignorance in this thread Stinks. Move on Somalis, why y’ll stuck in the past? a lot of mistakes were made but that’s an experience we should learn from it. I don’t see why people are talking ill of the dead. That’s a sin in itself, fear Allah. Let’s talk about the present, what we can do to improve the status quo.
You need to acknowledge and learn from the past in order to move on. It’s very funny how somalis suddenly have morals when dictators and warlords get insulted, talking about “let the dead rest in peace”. Where is that energy for innocent people that have been raped, killed, looted and displaced. f*ck them and may they burn in eternity.

Doesn't matter what you think of him, he did not destabilise the nation. He kept Somalia in order for a very long time, although

Except he did antagonize and promote clan wars to keep a firm grip on power. That is a known fact, the abc of modern Somali history.

G (2).PNG

Why do people act like there were no democratic elections or peaceful transfer of power before Siad Barre?

So you take the colonialists word as quraan?

The notion that Somalis are too wild to be civilized is ridiculous. Look at the bedouin Arabs, they have the exact environment and pastoral traditions as Somalis and they're still functioning decades later.

Evidence is clear 1960-1969 there was no human right violation or state sponsor atrocities anywhere in Somalia. Show me when did the government or apposition target civilians based on tribal affiliation before 1969, you won't find any because it started after Siad Barre become president.

Arabs know how to rule through qabil - No 1M1V, your most prominent clan leaders will be the king if agreed upon.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Thankfully we live in the Information Age and one only has to go online to read and see the reality. Our parents generation may have been deluded with Heesaha Kacaanka and that bullshit fake Wadaninimo but the chickens came home to roost! Somalia was a knock off North Korea! Here are a few more myths to dispel.

1. Those who he say he wasn't a tribalist because he left no wealth - his reer Diini clan and immediate family members held all the positions of power, ready to inherit the state when he dies, what personal wealth did he need when he could have a dynasty :ftw9nwa: thankfully USC destroyed their dreams and they're back to being poor destitute peasants in a backwater region.

2. The Liberation War against Ethiopia was a clear miscalculation and i wouldn't be suprised if the intention was to weaken the Army. For all intents and purposes, the efforts of that War was reversed when he signed off the Ogaden in 1986 just to fight the SNM.

3. He used funding and development as leverage, not to build the country. For example, he built the Bosaso road with Chinese money to encourage the SSDF to give up their fight against him.

4. He resettled refugees in the North and South, not out of Somalinimo but to defend him when the time comes. Sadly they were massacred and their blood is on his hands.

5. Lastly, he did not walk away unscathed nor left the country intact when overthrown. This is a popular myth peddled by his supporters who use the ensuing Civil War to justify his behaviour. This Man was forced out of Power. Tried to come back Twice but was defeated both times. I haven't even started on the famine he caused or the Gold he ran off to Gedo with but i believe all the points raised are pretty crystal clear and i am glad many, even former supporters are waking up to this.

Last edited:

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
Thankfully we live in the Information Age and one only has to go online to read and see the reality. Our parents generation may have been deluded with Heesaha Kacaanka and that bullshit fake Wadaninimo but the chickens came home to roost! Somalia was a knock off North Korea! Here are a few more myths to dispel.

1. Those who he say he wasn't a tribalist because he left no wealth - his reer Diini clan and immediate family members held all the positions of power, ready to inherit the state when he dies, what personal wealth did he need when he could have a dynasty :ftw9nwa: thankfully USC destroyed their dreams and they're back to being poor destitute peasants in a backwater region.

2. The Liberation War against Ethiopia was a clear miscalculation and i wouldn't be suprised if the intention was to weaken the Army. For all intents and purposes, the efforts of that War was reversed when he signed off the Ogaden in 1986 just to fight the SNM.

3. He used funding and development as leverage, not to build the country. For example, he built the Bosaso road with Chinese money to encourage the SSDF to give up their fight against him.

4. He resettled refugees in the North and South, not out of Somalinimo but to defend him when the time comes. Sadly they were massacred and their blood is on his hands.

5. Lastly, he did not walk away unscathed nor left the country intact when overthrown. This is a popular myth peddled by his supporters who use the ensuing Civil War to justify his behaviour. This Man was forced out of Power. Tried to come back Twice but was defeated both times. I haven't even started on the famine he caused but i believe all the points raised are pretty crystal clear and i am glad many, even former supporters are waking up to this.
Warlord Caydiid caused the starvation.
MSB has mixed package.
Good and bad
Ahun.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Warlord Caydiid caused the starvation.
MSB has mixed package.
Good and bad
Ahun.

If Aideed caused the starvation, why did reer Baydhabo call upon him to help get rid of Afwayne's forces?

Find me 1 valid source that backs up your claim, until then shut the f*ck up.

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
If Aideed caused the starvation, why did reer Baydhabo call upon him to help get rid of Afwayne's forces?

Find me 1 valid source that backs up your claim, until then shut the f*ck up.
The starvation happen after Caydiid captured Baydhabo.
Remember the video , he was feeding his militia with nice food.
Women and children were starving nearby.
The BBC reporter asked, why ? He said militia were more important.

Royalflush

novacane
AUN adeerkay msb. Although I wasn’t born in the kacaan age I’ve seen enough material to know this guy kept a firm grip on our country, and so what if marehan benefited a bit more than the rest, anyone in his position would do the same for their clan. If he was so bad, why as soon as he was ousted did all hell break loose for the next 3 decades. Now the country is divided a hundred times more so was it really worth it? Reer dini for life

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
AUN adeerkay msb. Although I wasn’t born in the kacaan age I’ve seen enough material to know this guy kept a firm grip on our country, and so what if marehan benefited a bit more than the rest, anyone in his position would do the same for their clan. If he was so bad, why as soon as he was ousted did all hell break loose for the next 3 decades. Now the country is divided a hundred times more so was it really worth it? Reer dini for life
You have comprehension issues, the country fall apart because bad leadership and uneducated population. Therefore MSB was top leader of the country, he could have saved the country if he wanted.
60% he was to blame what Happen to soma
40% others are to blame.
Good leaders and educated Population Are What saves a country from political chaos .

Trending

Latest posts