What do you identify as?

What is your identity?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
The only real identity Somalis have is being Somali. Black is a social construct, alx we aren’t barbaric Arabs, identifying with your clan is arrogant...

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
We already have an Ariana stan on here
We don’t need more
:nahgirl:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I identify as a Somali but i don't care if i'm called black, i already know my identity and black is just a skin color.

I'm somali. I'm not arab, black or any other bs label. But i don't find it offensive if people call me black, it is a broad term and people for the most part are uneducated in this, so i don't bother to correct them. I have black friends also, and i don't want to sound like a dixk by thinking i'm better or something. We should be proud to be somali, but the only thing that makes you great is not your people but what you do as an individual. I don't want to start a lecture, but the only thing that makes sense in life is becoming rich, all other things are empirical subpar. We are the worst country in the world, we need to rise up. Create and build. Be respectful towards other peoples and work hard in the respective countries we live in. We need to redeem our honor, work hard, and build our reputation. If you really love your people, then represent them well thorough your actions. I don't have an inferiority complex so i really believe we can surpass everybody.

Whenever i mention racist garbage i'm only trolling. In real life i hold no prejudice toward other peoples. We are only products of our environment. So in my eyes we are all equally garbage.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Somali cause that’s where I’m from

There’s white people who identify as Irish,German,Scottish you don’t see anyone raise a brow over that

I'm somali. I'm not arab, black or any other bs label. But i don't find it offensive if people call me black, it is a broad term and people for the most part are uneducated in this, so i don't bother to correct them. I have black friends also, and i don't want to sound like a dixk by thinking i'm better or something. We should be proud to be somali, but the only thing that makes you great is not your people but what you do as an individual. I don't want to start a lecture, but the only thing that makes sense in life is becoming rich, all other things are empirical subpar. We are the worst country in the world, we need to rise up. Create and build. Be respectful towards other peoples and work hard in the respective countries we live in. We need to redeem our honor, work hard, and build our reputation. If you really love your people, then represent them well thorough your actions. I don't have an inferiority complex so i really believe we can surpass everybody.

Whenever i mention racist garbage i'm only trolling. In real life i hold no prejudice toward other peoples. We are only products of our environment. So in my eyes we are all equally garbage.

I feel the same way. We are Somalis, the true natives to East Africa, the forefathers of Ancient Egypt and the Afroasiatic languages. We are a distinguished people. It would be an insult to lump ourselves with blacks, ayrabs, or even the rest of the Horn of Africa.
:mjpls:
And I personally have nothing against blacks, Arabs or whites no matter all the racist shit I say about them. I just think it’s all too fun.
:mjlaugh:

I felt this tbh great minds think alike sxb

I felt this tbh great minds think alike sxb
petyr b.gif

World

VIP
Darood/Arab/Somali. In that order. My great grandfather was Darood, an Arab Yemeni migrant to Somalia whose descendants have assimilated into Somali society. But that doesn’t change the fact that we’re a distinct cultural group in Somalia due to our Arab background. We also don’t look other Somalis despite the minor intermarriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.