What do you do when you see a Somali stranger in the street ?

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
I greet all Somalis and anyone I can tell is Muslim. I give them the benefit of the doubt that they are Muslim. I had a few people ignore me when I said Asalamu Alaykum. When they do that, I go to them and make them shake my hand. If they are a woman, I repeat myself louder. But only Asians and 1 Halimo with no hijab have ignored me so far.

Nafiso Qalanjo

๐–‚๐–Š'๐–—๐–Š ๐–Œ๐–”๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–™๐–” ๐–œ๐–†๐–— ๐–‡๐–†๐–‡๐–ž!
I would treat like any other stranger in the street. I dont like talking to strangers regardless if they are Somali or not, but if they Greet me I would greet them back.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasmโ€ข Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Iโ€™d be like what up beesha 68 :samwelcome:

On a real though Iโ€™d give a courtesy nod if that Somali stranger looks at me.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I live in an area with lots of Eritreans. I am losing my edge at distinguishing them from Somalis. Especially the young women are the trickiest (the old women and men are easy to tell).
I noticed that too with eritrean women a lot look like Somalis, they have that soft look and I can't even distinguish if they're somali or not so i have to ask lol.

Apollo

VIP
I noticed that too with eritrean women a lot look like Somalis, they have that soft look and I can't even distinguish if they're somali or not so i have to ask lol.

Just saw one an hour ago and when I walked by I was thinking, was that a Xalimo or a Selemawit? I had no clue. About 50% of the Xalimos in my area don't wear hijab and some of these Eritreans are Muslim making it even more confusing.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Just saw one an hour ago and when I walked by I was thinking, was that a Xalimo or a Selemawit? I had no clue. About 50% of the Xalimos in my area don't wear hijab and some of these Eritreans are Muslim making it even more confusing.
You Switz are 'reer magal', that's an expensive country to live in . How do new refuge's survive there? :ftw9nwa:

I look at my phone and pretend I don't notice them. If they are a cashier at a register, I skip them and go to the next register. Somalis make my anxiety skyrocket.

Donโ€™t greet no1 not a oday, habar specially not a useless Xalimo.
Screw face them all
What you think you know me just cos u a somali?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Do you say salam ?

I sign language this to them

1600952651442.png

I say salam to Somalis why not, but now since I am in mid thirties and a
Mum I became this hooyo who star at Somali teens and give them side eye and I pretend I know their hooyoo so they will have heart attacks and run away from me

Trending

Latest posts