What caused the death of modesty

Status
Not open for further replies.
:what1::what1::what1: Religion has absolutely everything to do with it, waryaa; how you dress reflects who you are and how you behave. Does a doctor take care of her patients wearing a tube top and booty shorts?? So why would a pious woman do the same? Modesty and humbleness are a virtue in the diin; our choice of clothing plays a huge part in expressing ourselves, for both men and women.
I know, relax:gucciwhat:

Caraweelo

President of the Secular Republic of Somalia
There are a lot of clothes that are suitable for modesty:

Hijab, scarf, dresses, skirts, abaya... the list goes on. It is anything that covers your awrah.

Judging by your comment, I guess you don’t really cover up?

Is modesty only about women's clothing what about men do they have modesty clothing?

If we apply the "Hijab, scarf, dresses, skirts, abaya" as modesty clothes then Somalis who lived 100 years ago did not wear any of these clothes does that mean Somalis back then weren't modest people??

Modest is an intangible thing in our personality not related to the type of your clothing. A woman who wearing a short dress can have more modesty and goodness than a fully niqab covered woman or vice versa. Dividing people who is good and who is bad based on their clothes is stupid measurement.

No i don't wear hijab, i wear whatever i like and mostly depending on where i'm going and the weather. abaya is arab dress why i will wear arabic thing, i'm African Somali i will wear my somali tradition clothes.

Caraweelo

No. They weren’t immodest but they weren’t fully modest. You know the rules of modesty, if you know something about Islam, I presume.

In this context we are talking about modesty pertaining to clothing. That’s what this topic is about.

Please tell me which book i can read about the rules of modesty??????

You are relating modesty with clothing because you grow up in a religious male-dominated society that told you that women should wear in certain ways to be modest or else she is a bad person. the theory of modesty determine by clothes is proven wrong because there are other societies who wear less clothes and they have modesty and goodness in themselves.

halwa

✨🌙
Is modesty only about women's clothing what about men do they have modesty clothing?

If we apply the "Hijab, scarf, dresses, skirts, abaya" as modesty clothes then Somalis who lived 100 years ago did not wear any of these clothes does that mean Somalis back then weren't modest people??

Modest is an intangible thing in our personality not related to the type of your clothing. A woman who wearing a short dress can have more modesty and goodness than a fully niqab covered woman or vice versa. Dividing people who is good and who is bad based on their clothes is stupid measurement.

No i don't wear hijab, i wear whatever i like and mostly depending on where i'm going and the weather. abaya is arab dress why i will wear arabic thing, i'm African Somali i will wear my somali tradition clothes.

Firstly, why are you comparing men and women when it comes to modesty? Men have their own version of modesty and so do women. You don’t need to look at men because that’s not the topic here. We are talking about women modesty. If a man jumps off from a cliff, will you look at it as to why he jumped off of the cliff or he jumped so I will also jump?

Secondly, Somali women back in the day were not immodest. I don’t think I mentioned Somali women 100 years ago. They just weren’t fully modest. (I suggest you read upon the Islamic rules of modesty here). Why they were not modest or fully dressed is not of a concern to me. We are talking about the 21st century here.

Thirdly, modesty concerns both personality (akhlaaq) and clothing (awrah), I agree that a woman wearing a short dress can be more modest than a niqaab wearing woman, only in the sense of personality wise but not modesty pertaining to clothing. But once again, this topic is talking about modesty pertaining to clothing. And no one is dividing people based on any sort of measurement. I don’t know where you got that from.

Finally, you can wear whatever you want. That is your choice.

You need to come back with a stronger argument. Most of it did not make any sense and you are getting off topic.

halwa

✨🌙

You are relating modesty with clothing because you grow up in a religious male-dominated society that told you that women should wear in certain ways to be modest or else she is a bad person. the theory of modesty determine by clothes is proven wrong because there are other societies who wear less clothes and they have modesty and goodness in themselves.

Any sort of Islamic books, hadiths or the Quran will do.

No. I was brought up in an Islamic environment and I am modest because Allah told me to be so. Alhamdulilah, All praise to my Lord and my parents for raising me up properly.

Once again, we are talking about modesty related to clothing. We are not talking about personality or the goodness that exists in someone. That has got nothing to do with the covering of a woman.

Last edited:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
For muslims, modesty= covering your body.
But in the muslim world, they are the most perverted people on Earth.

It's superficial and people are still perverts.

Caraweelo

Firstly, why are you comparing men and women when it comes to modesty? Men have their own version of modesty and so do women. You don’t need to look at men because that’s not the topic here. We are talking about women modesty. If a man jumps off from a cliff, will you look at it as to why he jumped off of the cliff or he jumped so I will also jump?

Secondly, Somali women back in the day were not immodest. I don’t think I mentioned Somali women 100 years ago. They just weren’t fully modest. (I suggest you read upon the Islamic rules of modesty here). Why they were not modest or fully dressed is not of a concern to me. We are talking about the 21st century here.

Thirdly, modesty concerns both personality (akhlaaq) and clothing (awrah), I agree that a woman wearing a short dress can be more modest than a niqaab wearing woman, only in the sense of personality wise but not modesty pertaining to clothing. But once again, this topic is talking about modesty pertaining to clothing. And no one is dividing people based on any sort of measurement. I don’t know where you got that from.

Finally, you can wear whatever you want. That is your choice.

You need to come back with a stronger argument. Most of it did not make any sense and you are getting off topic.

Don't change the topic just give me examples of modest clothes for men since you are the one claiming modesty to be related to clothes?

you are insulting our somali grandmothers because they don't wear based on your standard...apply whatever religious standard you have on yourself but you can't disrespect other somali women.

halwa

✨🌙
Don't change the topic just give me examples of modest clothes for men since you are the one claiming modesty to be related to clothes?

you are insulting our somali grandmothers because they don't wear based on your standard...apply whatever religious standard you have on yourself but you can't disrespect other somali women.

Err, you are the one changing the topic.

Who was talking about men modesty in this thread again?? Remind me? As far as I can remember, I was talking about women’s modesty not men.

And as for the Somali grandmothers, please do tell me where I have mentioned them?

psyche

To each their own

As long as you cover the awrah, most clothes are acceptable.

For the case of men, we must cover ourselves from the belly button to the kneecap

Wearing modest clothing is highly valued in almost all cultures, including the West. It doesn't mean shit if you are modest at heart but walks around naked, both has to be consistent.

I personally like immodest women, for impure reasons.:denzelnigga:

Yes i blame the invention of teasing repressed niggas. I mean saudi arabia has the most watched video statistics.

:siilaanyolaugh:

Caraweelo

No. I was brought up in an Islamic environment and I am modest because Allah told me to be so. Alhamdulilah, All praise to my Lord and my parents for raising me up properly.

Once again, we are talking about modesty related to clothing. We are not talking about personality or the goodness that exists in someone. That has got nothing to do with the covering of a woman.

so there is no actual book about the rules of modesty.... ok

Saying modesty related to clothes is like saying evil related to clothing. modesty, evil and goodness are intangible things in our character it is inside ourselves not in clothes. a fully covered woman can pretend to be modest while she isn't from inside. clothes are just fabric we bought from the market and wearing more cloth or less can not determin if you are a modest person or not. Modesty can appear in our words and actions.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Yes i blame the invention of teasing repressed niggas. I mean saudi arabia has the most watched video statistics.

:siilaanyolaugh:

Arab countries consume a lot of those things:siilaanyosmile: :shookgabre: and they like to drink and have zina :samwelcome:

Caraweelo

Exactly... muslims care more about the appearance but not the personality inside us. fully covered women are still harassed and raped in muslim countries.... i don't know where the modesty go from them.

halwa

✨🌙
so there is no actual book about the rules of modesty.... ok

Saying modesty related to clothes is like saying evil related to clothing. modesty, evil and goodness are intangible things in our character it is inside ourselves not in clothes. a fully covered woman can pretend to be modest while she isn't from inside. clothes are just fabric we bought from the market and wearing more cloth or less can not determin if you are a modest person or not. Modesty can appear in our words and actions.

Sure. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

There is no use in arguing with someone who lacks mental capacity and understanding. Seems like you don’t fully understand words and what message they are conveying.

You seem to nitpick certain words and phrases and derail the whole topic and turn it into something else.

I don’t know if you are dyslexic, but the part about Islamic books talking about clothing modesty for females has already been replied to. You can find it on here:

You’re looking for an argument but I have stated my opinion and beliefs of the said matter. You either disagree or agree with it. But there is no need to turn this into a pointless argument.

Wa billahi tawfiq

Caraweelo

Wearing modest clothing is highly valued in almost all cultures, including the West. It doesn't mean shit if you are modest at heart but walks around naked, both has to be consistent.

I personally like immodest women, for impure reasons.:denzelnigga:

Why always women's value related to clothes??? i don't see men's value related to clothes??

Everyone should be free to wear whatever clothes they like and feel comfortable with.

Caraweelo

Sure. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

There is no use in arguing with someone who lacks mental capacity and understanding. Seems like you don’t fully understand words and what message they are conveying.

You seem to nitpick certain words and phrases and derail the whole topic and turn it into something else.

I don’t know if you are dyslexic, but the part about Islamic books talking about clothing modesty for females has already been replied to. You can find it on here:

You’re looking for an argument but I have stated my opinion and beliefs of the said matter. You either disagree or agree with it. But there is no need to turn this into a pointless argument.

Wa billahi tawfiq

expected move when you can't answer me, you accusing me of being dyslexic or lacks mental capacity.

You are limited thinker (this is not an insult but an observation) you are programmed to think in certain way (because of many factors that influence you) and you can't challenge yourself to think beyond your limit.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend sister. :):2tjlv3e:

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
What the relationship between modesty and a piece of cloth? probably those english women were feeling cold or following whatever famous fashion trend back then.

Somali, Iranian and saudi women are fully covered... does that make them better and safer.... No because somali women are still get raped.

modesty and goodness are not something that can be represent by wearing extra cloth but it is in our personality that we grow up with it.
are you an athiest by the way because everything you post is always anti islam. you were recently promoting the book of one ayaan hirsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending