Not open for further replies.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
IMG_20200113_085312.jpg

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
In all honesty waxna ma ka fahmin boogan. However, I take the stance that Tegmark shouldn't be considered as an intellectual but as a sci-fi novelist.

Anyways this is a "Tube Book"; whole purpose of the book is for commuters to read the cover and think "Maash'Allah! Ninkanuu waa mutacalin". Breaking stereotypes. Black guy reading a book on the fucking universe is not something you come across.
IMG_20200113_085954.jpg

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What a hero. :wow1::salute::salute:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The old geeljires were full of pride and honor. My favorite quote from him is when he refused to pay tax at Berbera and when he said They are making our children their children in refernces to the Christian missionaries work in Somalia

We will relive those years very soon In'sha'Allah

EE84A83D-E12C-4D2B-9976-C8ECB498AFB3.jpeg

Attachments

• giphy (3).gif
    giphy (3).gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 166
Republic by Plato. The book puzzled me already by the first pages especially by the discussion on what a just man is. I disagree heavily on what Plato said, especially when he alluded that a just man shouldn’t not partake in a bad deed even when it’s in the defense of justice otherwise according to him even if you are just partaking in a bad deed for the sake of what is good it makes you bad as well, he also thought that a just man cannot define and say who a bad man is which is ludicrous but still understandable in the same sense

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
The Outsider - Albert Camus

Being and Nothingness - Jean Paul Sartre

Finished with my essays and exams gonna try finish these books before I go to India

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Finished the my sister is a serial killer book needless to say it was actually worth the hype I just wish I read it earlier. I can see this easily being pick by Netflix to be made into a show. Back to reading being and nothingness that shit is LONG as hell.

Someone give me a book recommendation I like true crime/ horror I think I've found my new niche

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
@Medulla How to you read so many books in such a short time? I start a book and it takes me forever to finish (other priorities like school, work etc)

It really depends on what I'm reading if I really enjoy the book I will spend 4-5 hours reading the book. If it's a short novel around 2-300 pages I can easily finish in two days. Books that don't interest me or that are slow in the beginning may take a week or longer . I good to a weekly book club and we all decide on a book for the month or that week. We come back and discuss what we have read, that motivates me to read chapters or books when I don't feel like doing so.

When I'm busy with Uni related work I don't read as much , but still try and finish any books on my reading list. I see this as a hobby just the same as shitposting on here or binging a Netflix show I just spend a couple hours of my day doing it. The key is just time management I use a excel spreadsheet and follow my to do list for the day once that's out the way I can do what I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.