What are some things your parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edo Nene

SUGAR breasts
Your kids will ultimately do the thing you try to stop them from the most. Just how life works. I did everything my dad/mom warned about when I moved out for a period of time and stopped on my own.
I was like that too, I was rebel. But my mother scared me with those molestation stories. That I why always refuse to sleepover. I would do everything from clubbing to hanging out late with my friends and I still come home.

How old are you? :mjlol: By 20 your parents should care less. They should expose you to everything and let you reach a rational decision
parents never really stop caring. plus there are some incidents you can never really come back from, I guess it's their way of taking preventative measures.

TooMacaan

VIP
Anything social:mjcry:

Was sheltered af growing up; still am tbh:(.

Even after I turned 18, my parents would say "as long as your living under our roof, you follow our rules- if not, get your own place!!" in one breath...then in the next breath: "you can't move out until you start your career or get married!".

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
My parents were so deathly afraid of peer pressure or whatever, at least I assume that was the reason, that every time I wanted to invite a friend over or go out and do kid stuff growing up, they would say, "What is a friend? There's no such thing as this "friend" thing. Can you explain what are these "friends" you speak of? ". :russ:

Only kids I was allowed to play with were ones they vouched for, this included a couple Somali family friends, only these particular Somali families were allowed no others which most were far away anyway so it didn't really matter, and a couple Asians and bible-thumpers on the block. Everyone else I had to hang out with through sheer stealth throughout my life up until a few years back. I became very good at keeping tons of these covert friendships, including sneaking out. My siblings say it was much worse in their childhood and I had it "good".

I guess their parenting answer to the question of peer pressure and kids making mistakes was to restrict the likelihood of our having any at all.
This will be me as a mom except I will have locks on the room windows and severely beat any child that leaves without my permission.

I never left my neighborhood alone until 15 because my parents shielded me so well.
:icon lol:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Sleepovers
Going to my cadaan friends houses, my parents always welcomed them but never let me go to their houses.
Get my nose pierced, I once jokingly said when I was in 9th grade I wanted to get my nose pierced, my mom threw a fit and threatened to kick me out :mjcry::kendrickcry:

VIP
They never let me wore shorts.
they hated it so much. I remember even buying shorts that would go up to my shins so I could pray when needed.
even that wasn't enough for them, then I realized, it wasn't about religion, it was about culture.
every time I wore shorts, they invoked hebel from from some eedo's famly and how nice he dresses and how he never wears shorts blah.

Your parents are flat out retarted. They wouldn't let you wear shorts? Tf?

Your parents are flat out retarted. They wouldn't let you wear shorts? Tf?
My family is very very very conservative. It's mostly my mom, my dad is relaxed.
he chews too, he's a sufi, not the most so religious. When I wore shorts, my mom used to say 'dharka baad iga dhigtay, waad i ceebaysay. Naagaha facayga ah baad ii jabisay'.:what1:

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
My family is very very very conservative. It's mostly my mom, my dad is relaxed.
he chews too, he's a sufi, not the most so religious. When I wore shorts, my mom used to say 'dharka baad iga dhigtay, waad i ceebaysay. Naagaha facayga ah baad ii jabisay'.:what1:
I don't know what region in Somalia you're from but when I used to go to somaliland on vacation during the summer, people used to laugh at me when I go out wearing shorts

My dad how could I describe it? from a young age, I liked his taste of American music, from rock, blues, funk, jazz (acid jazz) to early rap like public enemy and now, whenever his oldies are in town, I make sure to buy tickets, the last gig we saw together was Bob Dylan. I never smoked, drank alcohol, hang with the "tough" boys and was well liked by my peers and teachers at school. So, he knew I didn't need to be read the riot act. As for my mum, she whinges about everything. We learn't to tolerate it.

As for me, mother always didn't allow me to sleepover. And I will do that to my boys as well. I can't trust nobody with my kids. Especially, molestation and assault stories I hear all the time.
Preach fam. People just don't get it. Child molestation is more common than you all think. Don't even trust the female instructors, tutors, coach,dugsi guy/ girl and finally the teacher. Keep an eye out for the teachers.

When i was younger like 11 year old i wasnt even allowed to go to the cinema with some friends or go out after 17:00 hr

My mom doesnt like when i wear makeup and go outside
She didnt like it too when i was a wautress at a restaurant so i stopped there

Im sometimes allowed to sleep at friends if she knows them, but overall my mom is okay

The older i get the more she lets me free and learn things by myself and its working pretty well

When i was younger i wanted to go outside eveyday and go to friends etc, i would be sad if i couldnt go to a party, now i domt see the purpose of that all.its better omce a week to do something fun like shopping or eating out somewhere

But something that has never changed is that she hates it when i eat candy she HATES it!!!
My hoyo has raised me good :banderas:

VixR

Veritas
This will be me as a mom except I will have locks on the room windows and severely beat any child that leaves without my permission.

I never left my neighborhood alone until 15 because my parents shielded me so well.
:icon lol:
I can't tell if you're being serious :icon lol:

Nah, if I were to have a kid I wouldn't take that approach. Any kid that has any 'diig', as we call it, would have that blow up in your face. Even though I cared what they thought, I was a rebel kind. But I'll say, even though they were a bit neurotic about other kids, they also kept us occupied.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I rebelled against all my parent's rules and was sent to dhaqan celis, thankfully I managed to come back within a little over a year and continued life as usual.As a kid i was taught the basic things about Islam and generally, i wasn't allowed to do things that were deemed xaraam.My parents were smart, they knew if they had just ensured that they gave me a proper islamic upbringing that i would be able to figure out the rest for myself.As of know my parents dont really care what i do as long as i keep in touch with my education and i dont indulge in major sins.

Khad714

Beesha Reer KPOP!
My parents won't let me go outside with my friends. Sometimes it feels like I'm in a prison, but I don't mind it that much now.
IMG_5430.JPG

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
I was never really allowed to go out with friends. I was able to maybe once or twice throughout high school. My senior year I was invited to hang out with my friends but if I asked for permission to go I was told I already got to go out for someone's birthday.

Thing is, that birthday thing happened two years ago at that point. An event from two years was being brought up as a reason why I couldn't go out again.
:mjlol:

I've gotten used to it, though
:manny:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I was never really allowed to go out with friends. I was able to maybe once or twice throughout high school. My senior year I was invited to hang out with my friends but if I asked for permission to go I was told I already got to go out for someone's birthday.

Thing is, that birthday thing happened two years ago at that point. An event from two years was being brought up as a reason why I couldn't go out again.
:mjlol:

I've gotten used to it, though
:manny:
Get a car,once your parenst realise that you can take care of yourself they wont care as much,if you are dependent on them in the slightest they will exploit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending