What are some things your parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
never let you do? Is it a Somali thing?

My dad is cool with most things except concerts & sleeping over at a friends. Mom doesn't mind.

They never let me wore shorts.
they hated it so much. I remember even buying shorts that would go up to my shins so I could pray when needed.
even that wasn't enough for them, then I realized, it wasn't about religion, it was about culture.
every time I wore shorts, they invoked hebel from from some eedo's famly and how nice he dresses and how he never wears shorts blah.

Are you serving drinks?
Yup. But that's not why my dad is against it. He thinks that industry is shady to young female workers, which he's kinda right. A coworker in his 40's slaps all young girls asses. He left me alone cuz im a friend of his friend :ahh:
But for my mom its the drinks lol

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yup. But that's not why my dad is against it. He thinks that industry is shady to young female workers, which he's kinda right. A coworker in his 40's slaps all young girls asses. He left me alone cuz im a friend of his friend :ahh:
But for my mom its the drinks lol

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Which club is that I'm a big spender and I tip good as well

:siilaanyolaugh:

VixR

Veritas
My parents were so deathly afraid of peer pressure or whatever, at least I assume that was the reason, that every time I wanted to invite a friend over or go out and do kid stuff growing up, they would say, "What is a friend? There's no such thing as this "friend" thing. Can you explain what are these "friends" you speak of? ". :russ:

Only kids I was allowed to play with were ones they vouched for, this included a couple Somali family friends, only these particular Somali families were allowed no others which most were far away anyway so it didn't really matter, and a couple Asians and bible-thumpers on the block. Everyone else I had to hang out with through sheer stealth throughout my life up until a few years back. I became very good at keeping tons of these covert friendships, including sneaking out. My siblings say it was much worse in their childhood and I had it "good".

I guess their parenting answer to the question of peer pressure and kids making mistakes was to restrict the likelihood of our having any at all.

Edo Nene

SUGAR breasts
As for me, mother always didn't allow me to sleepover. And I will do that to my boys as well. I can't trust nobody with my kids. Especially, molestation and assault stories I hear all the time.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
When I was a kid, wearing shorts, bad haircuts (high top fades etc.), sleepovers, smoking, being out past 8pm. Now, I voluntarily stick with those rules
:mjlol:

Jeesto

VIP
Somali parents won't leave you alone and mind their business even if you're 30 wallahi :icon lol:
But mine's are cool. I only get like 5 missed calls and voice messages from Hooyo the nights I am out(but then again all mothers do that)other than that waa assal
tenor.gif

Last edited:

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
As for me, mother always didn't allow me to sleepover. And I will do that to my boys as well. I can't trust nobody with my kids. Especially, molestation and assault stories I hear all the time.
Your kids will ultimately do the thing you try to stop them from the most. Just how life works. I did everything my dad/mom warned about when I moved out for a period of time and stopped on my own.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
never let you do? Is it a Somali thing?

My dad is cool with most things except concerts & sleeping over at a friends. Mom doesn't mind.
How old are you? :mjlol: By 20 your parents should care less. They should expose you to everything and let you reach a rational decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts