Western election observers arrive in Hargeisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
Typical zero sum mentality that has plagued Somalis. Basically if I can’t have nice things, then you can’t have any.

You can oppose Somaliland’s independence aspirations without being dismissive of the hard work and the two decade plus governance, because it doesn’t coincide with your view points.

Perhaps rest of Somalia should be like Somaliland not vice versa.

Really sxb? Have you forgotten about the widespread corruption, and khat induced citizens of Hargeisa? Now I'm not saying Somalia is better but you cant act like Somaliland is some sort of heaven on earth. That's not how it works.

As I said before, they can have their elections, but I personally think its illegal because they want independence.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Really sxb? Have you forgotten about the widespread corruption, and khat induced citizens of Hargeisa? Now I'm not saying Somalia is better but you cant act like Somaliland is some sort of heaven on earth. That's not how it works.

As I said before, they can have their elections, but I personally think its illegal because they want independence.

Where did I say or made it seem that SL is heaven on earth?

Corruption? So. This is Africa, not Switzerland.

Khat? Yeah. Way to divert the topic.

You don’t get it. There is nothing illegal of what SL is doing. It is trying to Survive and watch out for its own. Do you think the Clerk Failmaajo is somehow the guardian of the Somali people? Lol no chance . Silaanyo has more legitimacy than Failmaajo, that is for sure

Saalax Bidaar

And you?

You sir, are suffering from "Muh Qabiil" Syndrome. You along with the majority of people of Waqooyi have been duped and ideologically poisoned for over 2 decades.
Quit the act. Everyone can see right thru your BS. You are as clannish minded as the next. This Spot.

Merchant of Mogadishu

Where did I say or made it seem that SL is heaven on earth?

Corruption? So. This is Africa, not Switzerland.

Khat? Yeah. Way to divert the topic.

You don’t get it. There is nothing illegal of what SL is doing. It is trying to Survive and watch out for its own. Do you think the Clerk Failmaajo is somehow the guardian of the Somali people? Lol no chance . Silaanyo has more legitimacy than Failmaajo, that is for sure

You definitely made it seem SL was some sort of heaven on earth, at least in the horn region when you said it had "hard work and two decade plus governance".

You know what sxb I think your right. It was hard work. Hard work ideologically poisoning the population with "Muh Qabiil".

Wait soo err declaring independence and having these elections which automatically breaks Article 7 of the Provisional Constitution and Article 4 of the 1960 Constitution is not illegal?

Ah yes I think your right on that one because of "Survival of the fittest no matter what rules are in place"

Why are you suddenly bringing up Farmaajo? Like seriously why? I don't give a damn about Farmaajo. In fact his tenure so far has been bad. But that doesn't mean Silaanyo has more legitimacy. That's like saying Donald Trump's a bad president, which means Texas and California should become independent.

You have no logic sxb.

Merchant of Mogadishu

Quit the act. Everyone can see right thru your BS. You are as clannish minded as the next. This Spot.

Your a fucking idiot, you know that?

How can I be clannish minded when I have never EVER said anything about "Muh Qabiil" did this, did that, deserves this, deserves that, etc.

You on the other hand are one of the biggest "Muh Qabiil" Syndrome infected brain dead, ideologically poisoned doqons I have seen on this forum. You are the one who once said Ahmed Godane was your hero because he was from "Muh Qabiil" and he didn't kill "Muh Qabiil". How disgusting.

Excuse me Mr Deutschlander, that's not how it works round here. :ufdup:

Technically Catalonia has been part of Spain for 548 years when the Crown of Aragon merged with the Crown of Castile in a dynastic union to create the Kingdom of Spain in 1469.

Whilst I don't agree with Catalonia separating from Spain (mainly to deter Somaliland), the people of Catalonia have a more substantial claim to independence than to the fairytale called Somaliland. They have different language and culture compared to Somaliland who are the same people to their southern brethren. They only reason why they want independence is because of one thing and that is "Muh Qabiil" which is a terrible excuse, a very pitiful one at that. It just shows how far the people there have been ideologically poisoned for over 2 decades!

Thank you for correcting the dates!

I think the claims to independence have different roots and can't be compared 1:1.
Yes, Catalonia has a different language - culture-wise I would say they are pretty much the same, with some minor differences. This is not per se a reason to become independent. Look at Switzerland with its 4 language regions and 0 separatist aspirations. And on the opposite - look at Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein being 4 countries despite sharing a language (similar w/ US & Canada, and the entirety of South America ecl. Brasil).

I disagree that the only reason is 'muh quabiil' (but I agree with you that that's definitely a problem 'round here). Just imagine if Spain, in 1990 de-facto stopped existing after a big-ass civil war, some genocidal killings in catalonia etc and many useless UN interventions. What would Catalonia supposed to do apart from taking things in their own hands? Reconciliation within Somaliland was hard enough, imagine a peace process that'd involved all the SNM vs southern animosities etc.. So I think the unilateral declaration of independence was not a stupid thing to do until Somalia is sorted out. Of course now the question is what is left of that claim now that Somalia is recovering.

Several problems:
(1) government people got used to nice benefits of state budget and international assistance, don't want to give it all back to the South
(2) 25 years of painting Somaliland flags all over means at least some sort of rally-around-the-flag effect / nationalism
(3) peace process & security is a strong argument to keep status quo (internationally)
(4) status of eastern regions makes SL vulnerable because they can't fix it
(5) muh qabiil

Merchant of Mogadishu

Thank you for correcting the dates!

I think the claims to independence have different roots and can't be compared 1:1.
Yes, Catalonia has a different language - culture-wise I would say they are pretty much the same, with some minor differences. This is not per se a reason to become independent. Look at Switzerland with its 4 language regions and 0 separatist aspirations. And on the opposite - look at Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein being 4 countries despite sharing a language (similar w/ US & Canada, and the entirety of South America ecl. Brasil).

I disagree that the only reason is 'muh quabiil' (but I agree with you that that's definitely a problem 'round here). Just imagine if Spain, in 1990 de-facto stopped existing after a big-ass civil war, some genocidal killings in catalonia etc and many useless UN interventions. What would Catalonia supposed to do apart from taking things in their own hands? Reconciliation within Somaliland was hard enough, imagine a peace process that'd involved all the SNM vs southern animosities etc.. So I think the unilateral declaration of independence was not a stupid thing to do until Somalia is sorted out. Of course now the question is what is left of that claim now that Somalia is recovering.

Several problems:
(1) government people got used to nice benefits of state budget and international assistance, don't want to give it all back to the South
(2) 25 years of painting Somaliland flags all over means at least some sort of rally-around-the-flag effect / nationalism
(3) peace process & security is a strong argument to keep status quo (internationally)
(4) status of eastern regions makes SL vulnerable because they can't fix it
(5) muh qabiil

So you think SL should inevitably get its independence? You're German. You should know how unification under Bismarck benefitted Germany and made it into a world power. Now would that have been possible with a multitude of Kingdoms, Duchies, confederations and etc?

The reason why Switzerland has been united whilst retaining different languages and cultures is because of history. Switzerland has been untouched since the middle ages. You cannot compare that to Somalia which has only been united since 1960.

I believe reconciliation with all the clans who have suffered in the civil war and before is the best way to end the notion of independence once and for all. The peace and security (once its achieved) that the South provides should be able to change the status quo and make ordinary SL people believe that a united Somalia is the way forward.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
So you think SL should inevitably get its independence? You're German. You should know how unification under Bismarck benefitted Germany and made it into a world power. Now would that have been possible with a multitude of Kingdoms, Duchies, confederations and etc?

The reason why Switzerland has been united whilst retaining different languages and cultures is because of history. Switzerland has been untouched since the middle ages. You cannot compare that to Somalia which has only been united since 1960.

I believe reconciliation with all the clans who have suffered in the civil war and before is the best way to end the notion of independence once and for all. The peace and security (once its achieved) that the South provides should be able to change the status quo and make ordinary SL people believe that a united Somalia is the way forward.
Why are you so obsessed with Somaliland, leave it out of your mind please... You keep saying the same stuff over and over again. Some people want to secede and some don't. You think it's impossible, we think otherwise.

Somalia itself is so divided it's hard to keep up, after there is unity within Somalia then maybe there is a slight chance of unity happening between Somaliland and Somalia. Do I believe this will happen before Somaliland inevitably gets independence, I really don't. But hey this world can be unpredictable so who knows...

Merchant of Mogadishu

Why are you so obsessed with Somaliland, leave it out of your mind please... You keep saying the same stuff over and over again. Some people want to secede and some don't. You think it's impossible, we think otherwise.

Somalia itself is so divided it's hard to keep up, after there is unity within Somalia then maybe there is a slight chance of unity happening between Somaliland and Somalia. Do I believe this will happen before Somaliland inevitably gets independence, I really don't. But hey this world can be unpredictable so who knows...

What's wrong in engaging in discussion over this. I've never understood that.

Yes the South needs to sort itself out before we sort out this secessionist crisis. The longer it takes the more legitimacy people will give it.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
What's wrong in engaging in discussion over this. I've never understood that.

Yes the South needs to sort itself out before we sort out this secessionist crisis. The longer it takes the more legitimacy people will give it.
The post I answered was actually good, that's my bad. I meant the posts where you just almost start trolling and meme'ng with "muh qabil syndrome" and such.

But again you are correct, nothing wrong with engaging in discussion over this.

Merchant of Mogadishu

The post I answered was actually good, that's my bad. I meant the posts where you just almost start trolling and meme'ng with "muh qabil syndrome" and such.

But again you are correct, nothing wrong with engaging in discussion over this.

Sxb I'm not trolling with the "Muh Qabiil" Syndrome thing. It's more of a ideologically poisoning mechanism conducted by corrupt politicians than a true syndrome but nonetheless it's a true phenomenon. The fact that the people of Waqooyi are so blind because of this, they cannot make any decisions for themselves. This is a sad reality we face and the longer it carries on, the more it will spread to other parts of Somalia and then other states will want independence. That will surely be a black day in the history of our people.

Saalax Bidaar

You definitely made it seem SL was some sort of heaven on earth, at least in the horn region when you said it had "hard work and two decade plus governance".

You know what sxb I think your right. It was hard work. Hard work ideologically poisoning the population with "Muh Qabiil".

Wait soo err declaring independence and having these elections which automatically breaks Article 7 of the Provisional Constitution and Article 4 of the 1960 Constitution is not illegal?

Ah yes I think your right on that one because of "Survival of the fittest no matter what rules are in place"

Why are you suddenly bringing up Farmaajo? Like seriously why? I don't give a damn about Farmaajo. In fact his tenure so far has been bad. But that doesn't mean Silaanyo has more legitimacy. That's like saying Donald Trump's a bad president, which means Texas and California should become independent.

You have no logic sxb.
Lol@constitution. Is this nigga serious. Waar kanistatuushinka iyo hooyatha bas. Wtf

Saalax Bidaar

Your a fucking idiot, you know that?

How can I be clannish minded when I have never EVER said anything about "Muh Qabiil" did this, did that, deserves this, deserves that, etc.

You on the other hand are one of the biggest "Muh Qabiil" Syndrome infected brain dead, ideologically poisoned doqons I have seen on this forum. You are the one who once said Ahmed Godane was your hero because he was from "Muh Qabiil" and he didn't kill "Muh Qabiil". How disgusting.

Just stahp the act. I know your kind. The two faced snakes. Your hate for Somaliland stems from your deep hate for Isaaq. Just be man about it and say it instead of putting on this fake nationalist facade.

Yes Godane is my hero. And caydid as well.

Merchant of Mogadishu

Just stahp the act. I know your kind. The two faced snakes. Your hate for Somaliland stems from your deep hate for Isaaq. Just be man about it and say it instead of putting on this fake nationalist facade.

Yes Godane is my hero. And caydid as well.

Nope you got it all wrong. How can I hate Isaaq. That's impossible for me. I love Isaaq just as I love all Somalis, no matter what clan they come from, unlike you who seems to pick and choose what clan he likes or doesn't, like a kid in a candy store.

You like Godane and Caydiid? How wonderful. An Al shabaab monster who killed countless innocent Somalis and the civil war general? Ah yes how wonderful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.