Western election observers arrive in Hargeisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Excuse me Mr Deutschlander, that's not how it works round here. :ufdup:

Technically Catalonia has been part of Spain for 548 years when the Crown of Aragon merged with the Crown of Castile in a dynastic union to create the Kingdom of Spain in 1469.

Whilst I don't agree with Catalonia separating from Spain (mainly to deter Somaliland), the people of Catalonia have a more substantial claim to independence than to the fairytale called Somaliland. They have different language and culture compared to Somaliland who are the same people to their southern brethren. They only reason why they want independence is because of one thing and that is "Muh Qabiil" which is a terrible excuse, a very pitiful one at that. It just shows how far the people there have been ideologically poisoned for over 2 decades!

I'm from Somaliland but I'm against independence Many people want to part ways with Xamar to the point they have been blinded by politicians cause as it is right now the only reason the politicians are pushing for imdependency is for that big fat aid money it's pathetic

All focus should go towards developing the country

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
I'm from Somaliland but I'm against independence Many people want to part ways with Xamar to the point they have been blinded by politicians cause as it is right now the only reason the politicians are pushing for imdependency is for that big fat aid money it's pathetic

All focus should go towards developing the country
A brother from Waqooyi who has not been infected by "Muh Qabiil" Syndrome! :ahh::banderas:

First time I've seen this on SS.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
A brother from Waqooyi who has not been infected by "Muh Qabiil" Syndrome! :ahh::banderas:

First time I've seen this on SS.

Qabiil is so retarded If I accomplish something than its because of me not my Qabiil

And it's retarded seeing people brag about someone from their Qabiil whose rich don't matter your ass still broke better to fix up your own life than to boast about people who don't even know you exist

Since you love getting into legal issues show me an accepted legal document that shows Somaliland is under the rule of Somalia.

Make it a separate thread so this one doesn't get de-railed.

It would be exhaustive and my expertise is not international law but first and foremost the provisional constitution of Somalia, article 7 and further more precedents sets since the era of colonial independence 1960-1970 in its totality.

Fake nor not its a legal document that Somalia and the international community both recognize unlike Somaliland's constitution and frame-work. The very fact it is operated under and is enforced against Somalia removes doubt about its validity in international law.

It would be exhaustive and my expertise is not international law but first and foremost the provisional constitution of Somalia, article 7 and further more precedents sets since the era of colonial independence 1960-1970 in its totality.

Fake nor not its a legal document that Somalia and the international community both recognize unlike Somaliland's constitution and frame-work. The very fact it is operated under and is enforced against Somalia removes doubt about its validity in international law.
Well people whose expertise are in international law have agreed that Somaliland legally meets every criteria for statehood.

You can read these articles when you have time.

The main argument against Somaliland statehood has never been it's legality rather the consequences of it's international recognition on the region. That argument is entirely political and not legal.
  • African Union Fact-Finding Mission to Somaliland Report - May 2005 - “The fact that the ‘union between Somaliland and Somalia was never ratified’ and also malfunctioned when it went into action from 1960 to 1990, makes Somaliland’s search for recognition historically unique and self-justified in African political history. Objectively viewed, the case should not be linked to the notion of ‘opening a pandora’s box’. As such the AU should find a special method of dealing with this outstanding matter.”

Well people whose expertise are in international law have agreed that Somaliland legally meets every criteria for statehood.

The main argument against Somaliland statehood has never been it's legality rather the consequences of it's international recognition on the region. That argument is entirely political and not legal.
  • African Union Fact-Finding Mission to Somaliland Report - May 2005 - “The fact that the ‘union between Somaliland and Somalia was never ratified’ and also malfunctioned when it went into action from 1960 to 1990, makes Somaliland’s search for recognition historically unique and self-justified in African political history. Objectively viewed, the case should not be linked to the notion of ‘opening a pandora’s box’. As such the AU should find a special method of dealing with this outstanding matter.”

If you read further than skin-deep you'd know that precedents and one being a state is different from the right to secession, which is the one Somaliland would like to claim, and in this regard international courts precedents and international norms, which many times overruled judgements or interpreters them in the respective countries favours autonomy and sovereignty.

Their conclusions are interesting but meaningless with-out its proper context and the regard for sovereignty that norms and precedents set.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon

Article 4 of the 1960 constitution states that Somalia's territory is sacred and inviolable. Somaliland has violated that by wanting independence. Its not rocket science sxb. It says that any modification has to be approved by 4/5 majority of the members of the National Assembly. Has that ever happened?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Professor

The name is Professor, Haji Professor
Excuse me Mr Deutschlander, that's not how it works round here. :ufdup:

Technically Catalonia has been part of Spain for 548 years when the Crown of Aragon merged with the Crown of Castile in a dynastic union to create the Kingdom of Spain in 1469.

Whilst I don't agree with Catalonia separating from Spain (mainly to deter Somaliland), the people of Catalonia have a more substantial claim to independence than to the fairytale called Somaliland. They have different language and culture compared to Somaliland who are the same people to their southern brethren. They only reason why they want independence is because of one thing and that is "Muh Qabiil" which is a terrible excuse, a very pitiful one at that. It just shows how far the people there have been ideologically poisoned for over 2 decades!
are you fucking stupid:faysalwtf:. Catalonia has a better claim GTFOH.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Why though? This is an illegal election. If these parties stop with this independence nonsense then I would be fine with it. But that is not the case here. Somalia should do what the Spanish government do and have the power to dissolve regional governments in their constitution.
Typical zero sum mentality that has plagued Somalis. Basically if I can’t have nice things, then you can’t have any.

You can oppose Somaliland’s independence aspirations without being dismissive of the hard work and the two decade plus governance, because it doesn’t coincide with your view points.

Perhaps rest of Somalia should be like Somaliland not vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending