Were camels domesticated first in the horn or arabia?

Garaad diinle

 
Why would it matter who domesticated camel first. Somali love the camel so much that they have many sayings, poetry and stories about camels. Somalis have their own complex camel culture and they have in somaliweyn the largest camel population in the world. Somalis today are the indisputable masters of camel. That being said if were talking about fun and games in pleasant speculation and theorizing i'm always up for it.

I use to have this little silly theory of mine. As you may all know that geel use to be pronounced as gaal a long time ago. You can still see clan names such as gaaljecel or abgaal. In fact in af maay they still use gaal instead of geel. I use to think that an arab man came to somalia for trade and he saw a camel for the first time. He heard a somali man telling another somali war gaal maal milk camel. The arab thought to him so that big animal is called gaalmaal but he didn't think that it sounded aesthetic or that it easly rolled off of the tongue so he got rid of the l in gaal maal so it became gaamaal or gamal.

Even the word geel And the little camel qaalin It's Arabic words Even singing to camels while giving them water is also an Arab culture

Garaad diinle

 
It is still used by camel herders in the Salalah region of Oman
Yeah but they also say shiif meaning laying down and in somali we say jiif. Furthermore modern south arabian languages have a cushitic substratum and finaly somali were trading with salala and there are a somali presence in the area so it's hard to say this is an absolute prove.

Yeah but they also say shiif meaning laying down and in somali we say jiif. Furthermore modern south arabian languages have a cushitic substratum and finaly somali were trading with salala and there are a somali presence in the area so it's hard to say this is an absolute prove.
Salalah speaks a South Semitic language and the arrival of some Somalis there was only 200 years ago And there is no Somali influence on the South Semitic language. They were more civilized than the Somalis, so they will influence you.

How do u know they didnt get from us??

No one speaks those southern Arabian languages today so
I know because the ancestors of the Arabs themselves were the first to domesticate animals from the beginning, so who do you expect to domesticate camels?

I know because the ancestors of the Arabs themselves were the first to domesticate animals from the beginning, so who do you expect to domesticate camels?
Ancestors of Arabs didnt domesticate shit, wheres your proof u sheegaato

Also theres 2 different arabs, Prophet descended from Ismail, and for sure didnt domestice anything

Garaad diinle

 
Salalah speaks a South Semitic language and the arrival of some Somalis there was only 200 years ago And there is no Somali influence on the South Semitic language. They were more civilized than the Somalis, so they will influence you.
Wallahi i'm sort of feeling some sort of rage emanating from your post, excuse me but who hurt you. It's a nice speculation and all but i'm asking for an indisputable prove ya akhi not that i have anything with arabs introducing it.

Ancestors of Arabs didnt domesticate shit, wheres your proof u sheegaato

Also theres 2 different arabs, Prophet descended from Ismail, and for sure didnt domestice anything
Most scientific studies now confirm that J1 the ancestors of the Arabs who were living in the Zagos Mountains at that time, were the first to domesticate camels.
The Romans actually mentioned the Somalis and said that they were cowboys. That was 2000 years ago. The Arabs at that time were famous for raiding Iraq and the Levant while riding camels

Garaad diinle

 
Most scientific studies now confirm that J1 the ancestors of the Arabs who were living in the Zagos Mountains at that time, were the first to domesticate camels.
The Romans actually mentioned the Somalis and said that they were cowboys. That was 2000 years ago. The Arabs at that time were famous for raiding Iraq and the Levant while riding camels
You keep saying scientific studies without providing much. Tell me akhi i wanna learn.

Wallahi i'm sort of feeling some sort of rage emanating from your post, excuse me but who hurt you. It's a nice speculation and all but i'm asking for an indisputable prove ya akhi not that i have anything with arabs introducing it.
No, but trying to steal other people's history is bad Even the hadith says that the Arabs were the first to herd camels