Well...

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
I interact with my friends usually on the phone now but I like to meet them when I have the chance

I am more introverted and yes, I like to spend time with people I like. Not all day tho, I genuinely need time to recharge.

:deadosama:
Yeah extroverts are far more social than introverts. An introvert is most likely to stay at home than an extrovert.

That's why I connected you being an introvert with you saying you felt like a hermit.

With that said, I still think you should see a counselor. Just my opinion.

Good luck!

I interact with my friends usually on the phone now but I like to meet them when I have the chance

I am more introverted and yes, I like to spend time with people I like. Not all day tho, I genuinely need time to recharge.

:deadosama:
That’s perfectly normal, abaayo. I’m like that as well. That’s what one of the things that makes an introvert different from an extrovert. Some people’s energy can be totally draining.

Try to take baby steps to help you get out of your comfort zone. In different ways. Try to cultivate an adventurous spirit. Try different things. Try to conquer some personal fears and this social anxiety will seem so minor to you.

You're missing the point about her statement saying "she's close to being a hermit" and that aligns with what I said about her being an introvert.
Experiences with people (mostly negative ones) can make people want to stay in all the time. Introversion still isn’t about being a hermit.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
That’s perfectly normal, abaayo. I’m like that as well. That’s what one of the things that makes an introvert different from an extrovert. Some people’s energy can be totally draining.

Try to take baby steps to help you get out of your comfort zone. In different ways. Try to cultivate an adventurous spirit. Try different things. Try to conquer some personal fears and this social anxiety will seem so minor to you.

Experiences with people (mostly negative ones) can make people want to stay in all the time. Introversion still isn’t about being a hermit.
Most people who do exhibit introverted traits are more likely to stay in rather than an extrovert

In her case, she seems to be a social introvert who's exhibiting traits of an anxious introvert right now.

"In 2011, research by psychologists Jennifer Grimes, Jonathan Cheek, and Julie Norem broke introversion into four main types: social introvert, thinking introvert, anxious introvert, and restrained introvert"

I will,inshallah. I need to challenge myself more. I've gotten too comfortable.
Introversion isn't about being hermit, but after the lockdowns and school from home etc. I started to lose interest in going out to socialize- I wasn't keeping up with my friends too.
Basically social isolation. Luckily, being Somali I have a large family so there are always people around me.

I still like to go out tho, just as long as I can keep to myself.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
I will,inshallah. I need to challenge myself more. I've gotten too comfortable.

Introversion isn't about being hermit, but after the lockdowns and school from home etc. I started to lose interest in going out to socialize- I wasn't keeping up with my friends too.
Basically social isolation. Luckily, being Somali I have a large family so there are always people around me.

I still like to go out tho, just as long as I can keep to myself.
Introversion isn't about being hermit, but after the lockdowns and school from home etc. I started to lose interest in going out to socialize-

Yeah this fits exactly what I was describing earlier. You're most likely becoming an anxious introvert and that's due to the lockdown.

Trending