Well this is Me

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
How many branches are Gugundhabe? Like Gorgaate is HG,Abgaal,Dububle,Silcis etr

Gugundhabe breaks down into Baadicade, Jidle and Jajeele. Gaaljecel are maternally Gugundhabe and have a long history with them so they are regularly regarded as part of them.

We’re pushing borders no matter where we go, lol. Hell, even where my Dad comes from, Mieso Woreda in Ethiopia, was 100% Oromo in the 50s/60s when we migrated with our cattle for new grasslands. Today they’ve displaced and killed half the Oromo inhabitants of that place and it’s a frontier. Oromos still sporadically try to reclaim it but it always ends in huge casualties for them.

MashaAllah Gugundhabe are warriors. The Hawiye that live in Sitti are Gugundhabe right? Bordode and places like that.

The Hawiye there fight with Ciise and Oromo.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
We’re pushing borders no matter where we go, lol. Hell, even where my Dad comes from, Mieso Woreda in Ethiopia, was 100% Oromo in the 50s/60s when we migrated with our cattle for new grasslands. Today they’ve displaced and killed half the Oromo inhabitants of that place and it’s a frontier. Oromos still sporadically try to reclaim it but it always ends in huge casualties for them.

Thats the Hawiye warrior spirit. Drive them filthy oromo into the mountains and take all their lands.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Gugundhabe breaks down into Baadicade, Jidle and Jajeele. Gaaljecel are maternally Gugundhabe and have a long history with them so they are regularly regarded as part of them.

MashaAllah Gugundhabe are warriors. The Hawiye that live in Sitti are Gugundhabe right? Bordode and places like that.

Which Hawiye clan are you?

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter

Yup, correct. We fought the Ciise relatively recently actually, 2011 I think. They killed 50 men and we killed 200 my uncle went to the clan meeting afterwards and they demanded blood money for 150 men and we said no and they still mad about it when I went last year. I think they bribed our Ughaz to convince us lol

Has anyone from Saransoor taken the test before? Any Gardheere Samaale?

Gugundhabe can mean Gugundhabe Hawiye (usually Baadacadde), or Saransoor who is matrilinearly Hawiye but patrilinearly Gardheere Samaale.

There are many other gugundhabes e.g. jiidle, jajeele etc not just baadicadde.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
Maybe your father was adopted? Did you ask him? How can you be Hawiye from Ethiopia with this result?

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Maybe your father was adopted? Did you ask him? How can you be Hawiye from Ethiopia with this result?

His autosomal result are more or less standard Somali (autosomal = most of your ancestry).

Only his paternal haplogroup is unusual, and even that can be explained through distant Benadiri admixture. So not extremely weird.

His autosomal result are more or less standard Somali (autosomal = most of your ancestry).

Only his paternal haplogroup is unusual, and even that can be explained through distant Benadiri admixture. So not extremely weird.
So his ancestor was a sheegato? :farmajoyaab:

What do people from NFD generally come up as? Have any degoodi or garre done these tests?

Apollo

VIP
So his ancestor was a sheegato? :farmajoyaab:

We can't say. Perhaps most of his subclan is of this L-M27 lineage. However, most Hawiyes are not.

What do people from NFD generally come up as? Have any degoodi or garre done these tests?

Lineage-wise, nothing too unique.

Autosomally, they are often mixed with Borana Oromos (Kenyan Oromos) and cluster in between that population and Somalian Somalis from what I gather. Some don't, and simply cluster with Somalis from Somalia. However, that cohort could be recent migrants from Somalia living in Kenya.

On 23andMe this may not be very visible, perhaps only through an elevated Ethiopian/Sudanese score, while on more sophisticated third party analyses (in particular a regional Principal Component Analysis) it is visible.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria

It looks like a Benadiri claiming to be Hawiye travelled from Benadir to settle in northern Somali region in Ethiopia and created his clan there and he used his knowledge of southern clans and the ignorance of the locals to get away with being a sheegato. He travelled too far which could mean he did something wrong and was shunned from other Benadiris. I met one family in Jigjiga who were neighbours of my uncle and ever since I knew something didn't make sense. They are very far from their own clansmen they claim in Kenya and Ethiopia-Somalia border and Hiiraan.

Somalia%2BTribes%2BDistribution%2Bin%2BKenya%252C%2BSomalia%252C%2BDjibouti%252C%2BEthiopia.jpg

Is this haplogroup present in other northern Somalis? If not, this proves my theory

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP

No in Sitti are Karanle

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter

He’s not adopted, that’s for sure. No idea why my paternal lineage looks this way but to get a definitive answer I would need to test reerkeyge for an answer. Uncles might come out different.

No in Sitti are Karanle
My family is from Sitti, There’s a good number of Gugundhabe. Karanle might be the biggest Hawiye clan there though, no idea.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Where in sitti is your family from? It is 100% ciise territory.

Sitti is not 100% Ciise territory, but they are the majority of Somalis there. My family is originally from the Erer/Afdem, though currently right in the border to Oromia in Mieso if that still counts as Sitti. You have Karanle also in the area. The Southwest of Sitti is like 20/30% non Dir, of those most Gugundhabe I think.

Sitti is not 100% Ciise territory, but they are the majority of Somalis there. My family is originally from the Erer/Afdem, though currently right in the border to Oromia in Mieso if that still counts as Sitti. You have Karanle also in the area. The Southwest of Sitti is like 20/30% non Dir, of those most Gugundhabe I think.

XqJKWJG.png

Erer district = Gurgura dominated
Meiso district = Hawiye dominated
Dambal = Gadabursi dominated

The Ciise make up the vast majority of the Zone, and secondly Dir clans like Gurgura and Gadabursi. Hawiye only mainly live in one district, Meiso. But there are others who live in the Zone too.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120216201619/http://www.dppc.gov.et/Livelihoods/Somali/Downloadable/Livelihood Baselines/LZ 3 Shinile Agropastoral.pdf

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
XqJKWJG.png

Erer district = Gurgura dominated
Meiso district = Hawiye dominated
Dambal = Gadabursi dominated

The Ciise make up the vast majority of the Zone, and secondly Dir clans like Gurgura and Gadabursi. Hawiye only mainly live in one district, Meiso. But there are others who live in the Zone too.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120216201619/http://www.dppc.gov.et/Livelihoods/Somali/Downloadable/Livelihood Baselines/LZ 3 Shinile Agropastoral.pdf

Sounds about right, yeah. Does the census give percentages in Erer/Afdem woredas? From what I hear, there is a good many Hawiye that live there also, though my family left in the 50s. Not a majority or a plurality but nothing to scoff at either. I imagine it’s somewhat hard to keep track of nomads though.

Sounds about right, yeah. Does the census give percentages in Erer/Afdem woredas? From what I hear, there is a good many Hawiye that live there also, though my family left in the 50s. Not a majority or a plurality but nothing to scoff at either. I imagine it’s somewhat hard to keep track of nomads though.

Censuses never give percentages, they just give population statistics.
Hawiye, Gurgura and Gadabursi are much easier to register since they have considerable levels of agriculture, whereas the Ciise are mainly pastoralist. I'm not too sure about the Hawiye population in Erer, it's very possible.

This is the official Ethiopian census for 2007:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjACegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw21m0MNjuNglD4l01DgeWrH

Trending