Well this is Me

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo is L-M27 & HV1B1 normal in Somalis? I notice that my paternal Haplogroup is downstream from LT, so did it come with the same migration as Somali T carriers?

L (male lineage) is not Somali at all. Whenever it is detected in Somalia it is from Benadiri admixed individuals or full Benadiris.

HVb1 exists in both Cushitic and Arabian populations. That one isn't as extremely exogenous as male hg L.

You're pure,sxb! Nothing wrong with your results.

He isn't pure.

His paternal haplogroup is Iranian-Pakistani-Indian.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Sorry, but you are not Hawiye. Paternally you are 0.5 / Benadiri.

Wait where did you get the 0.5 Benadiri from? And how would that make me not Hawiye besides? My father is from deep inside Somali Galbeed bordering Oromia so I doubt I have a Benadiri ancestor. Also, aren’t Benadiris a good amount of West African? I’m Zero that.

Apollo

VIP
Wait where did you get the 0.5 Benadiri from? And how would that make me not Hawiye besides? My father is from deep inside Somali Galbeed bordering Oromia so I doubt I have a Benadiri ancestor. Also, aren’t Benadiris a good amount of West African? I’m Zero that.

Only haplogroup E-M35 and T-M70 are native to ethnic Somalis (present in the region for thousands of years) and possibly one rare J1 variant. But that's about it.

23andMe gives Arab admixed Somalis high Ethio-Eritrean scores. It is misleading.

Upload to wegene.com

If you don't score above 95% Somali on wegene then you are most definintly Benadiri admixed and this explains your foreign paternal haplogroup.

What’s ur sub after hawiye

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Only haplogroup E-M35 and T-M70 are native to ethnic Somalis (present in the region for thousands of years) and possibly one rare J1 variant. But that's about it.

23andMe gives Arab admixed Somalis high Ethio-Eritrean scores. It is misleading.

Upload to wegene.com

If you don't score above 95% Somali on wegene then you are most definintly Benadiri admixed and this explains your foreign paternal haplogroup.

Alright, I’ll upload to wegene. My brother scored 98% Somali, 2% Ethiopian on 23andme though but due to some genetics hijinks I’ll maybe get 90% again.

L (male lineage) is not Somali at all. Whenever it is detected in Somalia it is from Benadiri admixed individuals or full Benadiris.

HVb1 exists in both Cushitic and Arabian populations. That one isn't as extremely exogenous as male hg L.

He isn't pure.

His paternal haplogroup is Iranian-Pakistani-Indian.

@Apollo

But this is very interesting. The first time I've ever seen this. What is Haplogroup L?

Apollo

VIP
Alright, I’ll upload to wegene. My brother scored 98% Somali, 2% Ethiopian on 23andme though but due to some genetics hijinks I’ll maybe get 90% again.

wegene.com is better for admixed Somalis.

I personally think you are ~5% admixed with Middle Easterners. Use wegene as they don't have Semite admixed Habeshas who confuse the algorithm and give false positive Ethio-Eritrean signals. Wegene.com just have Somalis and Middle Easterners.

Also, if I were you I would investigate where the hell your paternal L lineage comes from on FamilyTreeDNA.com (they have good deep Y-Chromosome tests).

@Apollo

But this is very interesting. The first time I've ever seen this. What is Haplogroup L?

It is a lineage from the area between Armenia and Northwest India. It is paleolithically related to T, but L never entered Africa naturally like T did and was only introduced to East Africa within the last ~1,000 years from South-Central Asian traders (Benadiris in the case of Somalia).

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Upload to wegene.com

Alright I uploaded, I’m more than 95% Somali but it’s giving me a fair bit of South Asian as well for the rest of my ancestry! How correct is wegene? Do I go on Gedmatch?

Attachments

• 42A324D4-63C8-4A91-B66A-B86D1488BFEB.jpeg
    42A324D4-63C8-4A91-B66A-B86D1488BFEB.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 408
Has anyone from Saransoor taken the test before? Any Gardheere Samaale?

Gugundhabe can mean Gugundhabe Hawiye (usually Baadacadde), or Saransoor who is matrilinearly Hawiye but patrilinearly Gardheere Samaale.

Apollo

VIP
Alright I uploaded, I’m more than 95% Somali but it’s giving me a fair bit of South Asian as well for the rest of my ancestry! How correct is wegene? Do I go on Gedmatch?

Either you got one Benadiri great-great grandparent or you come from a population in South Somalia who are Benadiri admixed at low percentages. One of the two.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Either you got one Benadiri great-great grandparent or you come from a population in South Somalia who are Benadiri admixed at low percentages. One of the two.

Is it possible this hypothetical possible pending speculative ancestor was benadiri admixed from the his maternal line so it doesn’t matter and the L is just a Neolithic coincidence:jcoleno::kanyehmm:

Trending