Weird How This Atheist Scientist Found The "True" Religion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meet the Australian scientist who became a revered Hindu holy man .

BBUzxRS.img

Sharabhang Giri used to be a Melbourne-based scientist. Now he's a holy man in India.
Twenty years ago, Sharabhang Giri was a Melbourne-based scientist who reluctantly went to India for a holiday.

When he arrived, he was an atheist with no real interest in the country.

"Someone brought me to India almost against my will. I had no plan, I got here completely by accident," he recalls.

Today, he's a revered Hindu holy man who says he can't even remember his name from his previous life.

"I found answers to all kinds of things that I'd been thinking about for a long time," he says of his conversion to the Hindu faith.

Foreign holy men — called sadhus — are extremely rare in India, so Giri attracts a lot of attention.

Especially at the Kumbh Mela — a gigantic gathering of the faithful that happens every four years at the confluence of India's most sacred waterways.

The Kumbh is the largest religious gathering on Earth.

150 million people visit the festival over two months and the sheer mass of humanity is visible from space.

For a man who went to India on a whim with a friend, Giri looks very much at ease in the garb of a Hindu holy man; simple robes, long hair tied in a topknot and a flowing beard.

He still has a broad Australian accent, but rarely goes back to his homeland.

His mother is his only living relative, and when he visits her, he stays in an austere hut in Melbourne.

He spends his days roaming around India, visiting other holy men and gurus and living off donations from the faithful.

For centuries, sadhus have renounced the pleasures and possessions of normal life in order to pursue their connection with god.

Some orders of holy men eschew clothing altogether.

Others cover their bodies in cremation ashes, grow their hair into dreadlocks that touch the floor, or spend their days smoking copious amounts of cannabis.

Holy men fear sacred festival is going commercial
Modernisation is putting pressure on the sadhus to change their ways, even at Hinduism's holiest festival.

"There's much more technology involved," Giri says.

"There used to be a rule that you could only use canvas and bamboo [to build structures at the Kumbh Mela]."

But in 2019, simplicity has given way to modernity.

There are luxury tents for pilgrims who can afford them, although millions of worshippers come by train and sleep out in the open.

There are also giant posters of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi throughout the festival grounds.

His Government poured millions of dollars into infrastructure for this year's festival.

They've built new roads, bridges and lighting in a bid to consolidate the support of his Hindu nationalist base ahead of elections in a couple of months.

Even the name of the city hosting the Kumbh was changed by the Government last year.

The Muslim-sounding Allahabad was replaced with the Hindu-origin name, Prayagraj.

Some people have complained that the festival has become politicised, but many Hindus don't mind the Government spending money on religion.

Festival culminates in holy dip
For the sadhus and gurus, the highlight remains the bathing rituals at the centre of the event.

Giri belongs to one of the biggest monastic orders, or "akharas", in India.

Along with the most religious sadhus, on the most auspicious days of the festival he gets to bathe first in the holy waters where the sacred Ganges and Yamuna rivers meet.

Millions of everyday worshippers take a dip after the sadhus have had theirs.

"I'm not sure how many past sins have been washed away by the bath," he says.

"Hopefully I'll get into heaven. That's the point. Getting into heaven and not coming back."

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...red-hindu-holy-man/ar-BBUzKAG?ocid=spartanntp

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
India+no_70497c_5774013.jpg

They even worship toilets. :russ:
That is nothing compared to these guys.

Behold. The most respected "holy" Hindu men in India.
Consumption of feces? Check.
Cannibalism? Check.
Necrophilia? Check, check, check.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.speakingtree.in/allslides/sex-rituals-of-aghori-sadhus/m-lite
Aghoris worship Shiva or Mahakala - the destroyer, or its female manifestation: Shakti or Kali, the goddess of death. According to what Aghori Meronath from Varanasi told photographer and writer Davor Rostuhar, "Each deity in Hinduism is just one manifestation of the same God. Different orders worship different deities, thus satisfying all manifestations of God. But what Shiva and Kali demand from their followers is not acceptable to most people. Thus Aghoris are the only ones willing to please them. "

Sodom and Gomorrah
Aghoris believe that it is Goddess Kali who actually demands satisfaction through meat, alcohol, and sex. All three things are banned for other saddhus. To eat meat actually means to eat everything. To have no limits, because all is one. By eating anything, Aghoris try to gain awareness of the oneness of everything and eliminate discrimination. Therefore they consume feces, human fluids and human flesh. Like other saddhus, they live in celibacy, but with one exception….

As per the Aghoris, when the goddess Kali demands satisfaction in sex, they then have to find an appropriate corpse and have sexual intercourse with it. In his interview with Davor Rostuhar, Meronath says "The reason why we do things that seem outrageous to the outside world is actually simple. To find purity in the filthiest! If an Aghori manages to remain focused on God even during sex with a corpse or while eating a human brain, then he is on the right way."

Aghoris have another very specific and highly secretive ritual for sexual intercourse. The ritual explains that sex in the midst of the dead can give rise to supernatural powers. In the dead of the night, in a graveyard, amidst the strewn ashes of the cremated, the Aghori clans unite to perform this ritual. The women involved in this act are smeared with the ashes of a departed, and the consummation is carried out along the beats of drums and recitation of mantras.

It is imperative that the women have to be menstruating while the act is going on, and they cannot be involved in the act by force. The process of coitus is carried on for the greater part of an hour, and the men cannot complete their orgasm until the whole ritual is over. Taking the form of Shiva and Shakti, the men and women perform this act in a strange methodical state of trance, releasing sexual energy in the form of supernatural powers.

Xaar
For one Dhuniwale Bhaba cursing in an utterly profane manner for virtually no reason. An incident reveals that when a man approached the baba seeking blessings regarding his daughter’s wedding, the baba cursed the man using utter obscenities. After three days the man approached the baba again with sweets stating that baba’s blessings solved his problem. The Dhuniwale Bhaba is also notorious for throwing faeces on people and the most awful fact is that people are very contended with his ‘prasad’ and some even take it home.
The Aghori are well known for their extremely revolting appetite. Their food habits include whatever a civilized human being will not eat at any cost, such as foods from dump site, faeces, urine and putrefying human corpses. But they seem to have their own reasons for their nasty appetite. Consumption of excreta is said to kill ego and derail the human perception of beauty, which is essential for a man to lead his life as an Aghora.

Open Cannibalism
In spite of Varanasi being a densely populated city, Cannibalism is openly practiced by the Aghoras in Varanasi without any public upheaval as they usually do not kill humans for their needs, but only consume corpses from cremating grounds. Corpses are eaten raw and at times they are roasted over open flame. After eating a certain quantity of flesh, they start meditating sitting atop a corpse which is continued all night.

Public Nudity

Aghoras are known for their spooky sense of fashion. They move about in the city with nothing more on their bodies except a skimpy jute loin cloth and at times, nude. Being nude, in their terms is complete renunciation from the material world and its attachments. Most often, they smear their bodies with ash from human cremated remains to cover their nakedness. Talking about accessories, Human skulls are worn as jewelry around their necks.

Sixir
The healing powers of Aghori Sadhus are said to come from their expertise in Black magic. What they say about these practices is that they never use their powers for harmful deeds. Instead they absorb the diseases that plague the victims who visit them into their bodies and eliminate the diseases by burning them using Black magic. Certain Aghori who intensely practice Black magic say the more they please Lord Shiva and goddess Kali, the more they gain powers.
Fucking pagans.
:susp:

psyche

To each their own
Hinduism is a weird religion that is pretty interesting if you looking into it.

The have a trinity system for their highest gods that is quite similar to Christians. They have Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver of the world and lastly Shiva the destroyer. Funny thing is that they do little in worshipping Brahma for some reason I cannot be stuffed to research.

The only positive I can think of about Hinduism is that they do have some cool designs for their gods in games like persona 5.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Hinduism is dangerous. In Ramadan a muslim man sacrificed a cow and was beaten to death at the age of 62 because of him being found out on whatsapp

halwa

✨🌙
I’ve finally understood Aussie’s intentions. He’s always saying something about Islam or reporting something bad about Islam. He has ulterior motives.

Someone place him in his rightful place.

I’ve finally understood Aussie’s intentions. He’s always saying something about Islam or reporting something bad about Islam. He has ulterior motives.

Someone place him in his rightful place.

@halwa

Sxb, close your eyes and put yourself in the shoes of this former hedonistic, atheist Australian scientist. He’s now. Saying, via Hinduism, he found all the answers about creationism and religion.

halwa

✨🌙
@halwa

Sxb, close your eyes and put yourself in the shoes of this former hedonistic, atheist Australian scientist. He’s now. Saying, via Hinduism, he found all the answers about creationism and religion.

I’ve got a billion and one questions that I want to ask you but I don’t want to do it in public.

You might as well make Scientology your religion now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts