We somalis were the first black muslims

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
There needs to be a wadaad and or osmanya revivalist movement

Agreed.

We’ll do it the founding Fathers style:

785BAB34-1116-4994-84C8-7EC39E39BC52.jpeg

somalis were referred to as berbers by arabs. arabs 1400 years ago used to call europeans "yellow people" or "bani al asfar" or "beesha jaalle".
Somalis were referred to as Black Berbers actually while North Africans were called brown Berbers

Nalaaye floxks

Life is like a sandwich, the bread comes first💰💯
Somalis were referred to as Black Berbers actually while North Africans were called brown Berbers
Berbers are an indeginous North Africans who we share genetics with, that’s why darker Berber look like us

Nah ethiopians take too much credit when it comes to the Islamic history

I just hate the gaals and yahuuds, the Muslim ones are my brothers

If you were born a gaal, the chances are you'd never convert to Islam.

For that reason, it's not a good enough reason to hate someone. Just say alx you're a muslim.

somalipatriot

Unfortunately, therefore lack of any wisdom
It’s crazy that some people think that those raw meat eating gaals were the first muslims, the abbysinian muslims weren’t xabashis, they were I think the omotic people but we were the first ones that converted to Islam in africa
Ethiopians don’t show this prejudice against their neighbours show a good example and stop this we may have historically enmity between our countries and border problems but insulting is of no use

Som

VIP
It’s crazy that some people think that those raw meat eating gaals were the first muslims, the abbysinian muslims weren’t xabashis, they were I think the omotic people but we were the first ones that converted to Islam in africa
There is no evidence for this.
According to Muslim traditional sources Islam entered Africa during the migration of the sahabas in Ethiopia, the Ethiopian king may have converted to Islam in the 7 century but we don't know how many Ethiopians followed him. Anyway Islam reached the coast of modern Somalia in the 7 the century, the ancient mosque in Zeila was built during that time. According to most historians though the Islamization of the somali people was gradual , somalis became fully muslim by the 13th-14th century. In the beggining nomads in the interior were still pagan.
It's a misconception to say that Somalia converted in the 7 the century, it was a gradual process that stretched through many centuries

Trending