We Cannot Rule Ourselves with a Law Sent Down 1400 Years ago

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
As I said, if anyone was known for being uneducated on Islam it was reer baadiye during this period. There is a difference between hearing the news as a nomad and being able to study Islamic tenets in a nomadic lifestyle where other things are more important.

That does not mean all of them didn't know anything about the deen, most did but many of them still didn't pray or know how to.

Also, Harar is not baadiyo, it was a well established city even back then.

He makes it rather apparent that it's the nomads spreading this stuff around even to Harar and that they are generally well-informed but I see your point. Though I don't think they were so uninformed as to not know how to pray. That's a little nonsensical, walaal. We even have visual examples of reer badiyo praying:

gdkp9Sl.jpg

Wadaads in old Somaliweyn were known to travel all around the country 24/7 where they were immediately given lodging by reer baadiyo families:

And I somewhat call into question how illiterate and uneducated in the deen Somali reer badiyo were given that we know rural kids were being taught how to read the Qur'an with wooden boards like this even during the 1800s:

Yeah, I honestly even question how "illiterate" Somali nomads historically were because in both the north and the south going back to the 1800s you read about kids being taught the Qur'an by wandering Wadaads and using these traditional wooden boards to read it and write it:

ao4Nc88.jpg

This is from the 1800s in Koonfur:

ZsOWgDU.jpg

I think they just weren't as hardline as urban people who were influenced heavily by fresh developments in Arabia like those earlier quotes point out.

Somalia already has Sharia (atleast on paper), regardless, its a conservative Muslim country. We have bigger priorities we need to focus on like poverty and terrorism.

Psychologist

Changemaker
those niggas are right tho. people are going to use religion as way to favor their desire, look at al shabab, claiming to be doing the work of god. just keep religion and politics away from each other. no one cares what your religion says :D. its between you and your god, keep it that way..:trumpsmirk:

those niggas are right tho. people are going to use religion as way to favor their desire, look at al shabab, claiming to be doing the work of god. just keep religion and politics away from each other. no one cares what your religion says :D. its between you and your god, keep it that way..:trumpsmirk:
Not if its done properly

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Spoke facts. We had our version of Islam before the civil war and it worked for us within our beautiful culture. All that erased within 30 years and replaced with the cancer exported from Saudi. Dont believe me look at pics of your parents in the 60s and 70s, not a hijab or tent as I call it in sight. Colourful diraacs and beautiful. We are not arabs so why do we have an inferioty complex and take on their culture. Smh.
[/QUOTE
If we had our "own Islam" then it would be the wrong Islam by default.

If we had our "own Islam" then it would be the wrong Islam by default.
Would you consider Sufis Muslim then? Go back to the 10th century and the Islamic golden age that was heavily influenced by mu'tazilism would you consider their Islam wrong? Sunni and Shia did not exist during the prophets early Islam? would you consider them wrong? My point is for you to say our own Islam is wrong is incorrect as Tawhid was the mantra of every single "version" I mentioned.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Would you consider Sufis Muslim then? Go back to the 10th century and the Islamic golden age that was heavily influenced by mu'tazilism would you consider their Islam wrong? Sunni and Shia did not exist during the prophets early Islam? would you consider them wrong? My point is for you to say our own Islam is wrong is incorrect as Tawhid was the mantra of every single "version" I mentioned.
there only one version of Islam, there are different understanding or interpretation but it's all derived from one thing.

Muzaffer

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑
History proves otherwise. No true scotsman fallacy... all other Islams are wrong my one is right....
yes, they will say that but it's your duty to search for the truth and join the group that is closer to the truth.

and I think you know the hadith that Islam will split into 73 groups one in Jannah and the rest in hell and that group is the group who will follow the path of the prophet without changing it or adding anything out of the box.

yes, they will say that but it's your duty to search for the truth and join the group that is closer to the truth.

and I think you know the hadith that Islam will split into 73 groups one in Jannah and the rest in hell and that group is the group who will follow the path of the prophet without changing it or adding anything out of the box.

I am aware of the hadith but it's one of many hadith regardless of it is sahih that perhaps require fikar as nearly 2 billion Muslims differ very much so. Like i said many times depending on the dynasty or governance in charge the laws of Islam change. Today Salafism is seen as justly right but perhaps in the future, another will do so. As long as the main tenets do not change one cannot takfir another e.g tawhid

Muzaffer

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑
I am aware of the hadith but it's one of many hadith regardless of it is sahih that perhaps require fikar as nearly 2 billion Muslims differ very much so. Like i said many times depending on the dynasty or governance in charge the laws of Islam change. Today Salafism is seen as justly right but perhaps in the future, another will do so. As long as the main tenets do not change one cannot takfir another e.g tawhid
the prophet PBUH said that every 100 years Allah sends people to guide the ummah to the right path.
these people can be one or can be a group in different places in the world for example

the first century was restorationist was: أبو بكر الصديق

the restorationists of 4 century were: عبد الله بن ياسين الجزولي and ابن حزم الأندلسي

while in 10 century were: أحمد المنصور الذهبي

and in 12 century was: محمد بن عبد الوهاب

and the latest was: ناصر الدين الألباني

so maybe Wahabis will be misguided then in future a new restorationist will appear

i'm not claiming i have the perfect understandig of Islam, i'm saying there only one Islam.
There isn't though. 2 billion Muslims don't practice the same way, there is shiaism, Ahmadiyya etc and within the Sunni sect, there are many different schools of thought and theologies. You are living up to your name of pseudo- intellectual for sure.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
There isn't though. 2 billion Muslims don't practice the same way, there is shiaism, Ahmadiyya etc and within the Sunni sect, there are many different schools of thought and theologies. You are living up to your name of pseudo- intellectual for sure.
Ahmadiyya aren't muslims. they believe in a colonial bootlicker being a prophet.