We Cannot Rule Ourselves with a Law Sent Down 1400 Years ago

ZOICPYl.png

FG1UaOE.png

:ileycry:
All our ancestors are gaal according to some on here and we have wiped our centuries of culture in the last 30 years.

Spoke facts. We had our version of Islam before the civil war and it worked for us within our beautiful culture. All that erased within 30 years and replaced with the cancer exported from Saudi. Dont believe me look at pics of your parents in the 60s and 70s, not a hijab or tent as I call it in sight. Colourful diraacs and beautiful. We are not arabs so why do we have an inferioty complex and take on their culture. Smh.
This section is called Islam it's for muslims

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
All our ancestors are gaal according to some on here and we have wiped our centuries of culture in the last 30 years.

Current Somalis would most definitely Takfir 19th to early 20th century Somalis. What these guys don't really get is that Islam came to Somalia in a syncretic manner because it came via trade and not warfare and conquest similar to some parts of Southeast Asia. This means a lot of the local, pre-Islamic culture got mixed into the deen and preserved rather than being eradicated:

This is a very ignorant statement, abowe. Islam came to Somalis through trade and thus the manner in which it was adopted was very syncretic meaning a great part of the pre-Islamic culture was intermingled with the new religion and cultural influences. Frankly, the vast majority of Somali culture just 100 years ago was pretty much indigenous:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He is very correct. Somalis in the 1800s and early 1900s were still traditionally dressing no different from a Xabash in Ethiopia or a Beja in Sudan, using traditional Xeer law alongside the Sharia, using their own native calendar, believing in sacred trees, trials by fire, Ayaanle spirits, figures like Nidar and Huur, folktales like this, keeping alive material culture and burial customs like this, keeping dogs (yes) with their nomadic flocks and practicing all kinds of un-Islamic shirk on a daily basis.

Islam and Arabs had a very strong impact but Geeljires were not living in Bedouin goat-hair tents and still aren't to this day but in the domed mat-tents of Cushitic nomads like Bejas, Afars and even South-Cushitic influenced people like the Khoe-Khoe of South-Africa:

Our native culture always remained. It has been more diluted in the last 30-60 years due to things like modernization and salafism but even so we aren't some Carab Iska dhalis people. To this day we have our own language, identity, heritage and culture like any other non-Arab Muslim people such as Desi, Turkic and Iranic Muslims. We are simply a native Horn, Cushitic people who adopted Islam along with some notable cultural influences from the Jazeera.

You insult your forebears with such statements.

But these same people would likely beat you to death with a club if you called them kafirs.

Ok I'm not somali just leave my thread
You just insecure like all salafs whenever someone points out fact and historical context because you are too busy trying to larp like its the 7th century. The type to call the great philosophers of the golden age who advanced Islam heretics (oh wait they did) . I have never met a well adjuste salaf before, every single one is incredibly insecure about the deen. Heck to the point were they cant even agree between themselves and call each other gaal. Like that pointing spiderman meme.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
i am not wahabi but facts are known that Somalis back then were not that practicing Muslims.

Reer baadiye were known for being unaware of many major tenets in Islam. Those in tuulos or magaalos were practicing.

Somalia produced some of the greatest Islamic minds from Africa.

You just insecure like all salafs whenever someone points out fact and historical context because you are too busy trying to larp like its the 7th century. The type to call the great philosophers of the golden age who advanced Islam heretics (oh wait they did) . I have never met a well adjuste salaf before, every single one is incredibly insecure about the deen. Heck to the point were they cant even agree between themselves and call each other gaal. Like that pointing spiderman meme.
I don't care

Reer baadiye were known for being unaware of many major tenets in Islam. Those in tuulos or magaalos were practicing.

Nah bro youre wrong. They were all gaal. Oprah Winfrey style. You is gaal, he is a gaal, she is a gaal, EVERYBODYYYY IS A GAAAL.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
1. The hustler: The sheikh that will host mowlids and charge followers money for big parties almost every week. This guy will also be involved in very questionable business ideas.

These types are so successful in Somaliweyn that I'd honestly get into their line of business if I was psychopathic enough. They come on TV and egg sick, poor and desperate people into giving them their savings so they can go to Jannah.

:susp:

I don't care
Not with that attitude. You gotta be more upbeat for your al shabab interview. You got this, they need more brain dead folk who cant think for themselves. Practice shouting gaal in a dramatic fashion in the mirror. Remember to have the look of terror in your eyes and believe in yourself. You got this.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

I don't buy this. Somali reer miyi like reer guuraa were known for being very up to date and well-informed. Examples from the 1800s:

The Somali Bedouins have a passion for knowing how the world wags. In some of the more desert regions the whole population of a village will follow the wanderer. No traveller ever passes a kraal without planting spear in the ground, and demanding answers to a lengthened string of queries: rather than miss intelligence he will inquire of a woman. Thus it is that news flies through the country. Among the wild Gudabirsi the Russian war was a topic of interest, and at Harar I heard of a violent storm, which had damaged the shipping in Bombay Harbour, but a few weeks after the event.

They know there was some storm that hit Bombay harbor and that there's a war in Russia but not about simple Islamic tenets? The reer magaalo were just more influenced by scholarship and developments coming out of Arabia due to Wadaads among their ranks often going to places like the Hejaz for an education hence their greater conservatism:

Though superstitious, the Somal are not bigoted like the Arabs, with the exception of those who, wishing to become learned, visit Yemen or El Hejaz, and catch the complaint. Nominal Mohammedans, El Islam hangs so lightly upon them, that apparently they care little for making it binding upon others.

The settled Somal have a holy horror of dogs, and, Wahhabi-like, treat man’s faithful slave most
cruelly. The wild people are more humane; they pay two ewes for a good colley, and demand a two-year old sheep as “diyat” or blood-money for the animal, if killed.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
these motherfuckers.
especially at 0:50.
I dont see anything wrong with what they said a "Pure Islamic State" is nothing but a modern concocted fantasy. After the 4 Khalifahs the Islamic world descended into civil war and Kingship reigned than it switched to tyrants. Theres no "perfect system" and majority of of our history was secular Sheikh Hamza Yusuf explains it perfectly

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Nah bro youre wrong. They were all gaal. Oprah Winfrey style. You is gaal, he is a gaal, she is a gaal, EVERYBODYYYY IS A GAAAL.

As someone who heard first-accounts from family members of reer baadiye during the early 20th century, they were uneducated muslims. As in they believed but didn't know much about the religion due to the lack of exposure to Islamic teaching for nomads.

Some were religious, some believed but didn't know how to pray or some still practiced outdated customs.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I don't buy this. Somali reer miyi like reer guuraa were known for being very up to date and well-informed. Examples from the 1800s:

The Somali Bedouins have a passion for knowing how the world wags. In some of the more desert regions the whole population of a village will follow the wanderer. No traveller ever passes a kraal without planting spear in the ground, and demanding answers to a lengthened string of queries: rather than miss intelligence he will inquire of a woman. Thus it is that news flies through the country. Among the wild Gudabirsi the Russian war was a topic of interest, and at Harar I heard of a violent storm, which had damaged the shipping in Bombay Harbour, but a few weeks after the event.

They know there was some storm that hit Bombay harbor and that there's a war in Russia but not about simple Islamic tenets? The reer magaalo were just more influenced by scholarship and developments coming out of Arabia due to Wadaads among their ranks often going to places like the Hejaz for an education hence their greater conservatism:

Though superstitious, the Somal are not bigoted like the Arabs, with the exception of those who, wishing to become learned, visit Yemen or El Hejaz, and catch the complaint. Nominal Mohammedans, El Islam hangs so lightly upon them, that apparently they care little for making it binding upon others.

The settled Somal have a holy horror of dogs, and, Wahhabi-like, treat man’s faithful slave most
cruelly. The wild people are more humane; they pay two ewes for a good colley, and demand a two-year old sheep as “diyat” or blood-money for the animal, if killed.

As I said, if anyone was known for being uneducated on Islam it was reer baadiye during this period. There is a difference between hearing the news as a nomad and being able to study Islamic tenets in a nomadic lifestyle where other things are more important.

That does not mean all of them didn't know anything about the deen, most did but many of them still didn't pray or know how to.

Also, Harar is not baadiyo, it was a well established city even back then.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
These types are so successful in Somaliweyn that I'd honestly get into their line of business if I was psychopathic enough. They come on TV and egg sick, poor and desperate people into giving them their savings so they can go to Jannah.

:susp:

The ones in Somalia are worse, no shame. They will come to you saying its your awoowe's mowlid and request money to do a religious ceremony for him. Obviously, family will pay because they want dua'a for their relatives (as long dead as they are).

Don't even get me started on their businesses.

Trending