We are being taxed to death here in the Uk

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
only governments can move us away from this. riding a bike is nothing compared to oil companies and industrialized countries.

I completely agree, that's why I was never a big fan of these "single-use plastic" and other phenomena that sprung up out of nowhere.

It was a just a ploy by companies and governments to make us seem responsible/culpable for climate change. All the dumbasses ate it up while governments continued to subsidise fossil fuels.

I am a reasonable person, I know that the average person isn't responsible or should be responsible for the climate. However, I dislike people that openly advocate/promote the destruction of the environment.

Apollo

VIP
I know a lot of younger(24-34) Somalis that voted trump, mostly in hopes of lower taxes lol

They are only telling you this as either a joke or for shock value. I sincerely doubt many have.

Even Jews vote like 75% Dem. I expect Somalis to be like 95%.

Governments also pays the job grant for training for certain fields like truck driving. They definently have no excuse.
It's not that simple (free market capitalism doesn't work like that) because trade unions (for truck drivers) will lobby the government to drop that programe (or at least make those courses ineffective), because the more trained/qualified truck drivers in the labor market the more bargaining power it gives to employers to lower the salaries of drivers, so the trade unions will combat that by lobbying the government.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
LMAO,

So literally nobody.

If you look at the past election threads you always see them supporting the left parties. @Arma voted Labour last time despite not liking SJWs.

I voted for the People's Party. Every other election before 2019, I have voted Liberal. I made that comment because I was sad about the election result. I will be voting right wing from now on.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
It's not that simple (free market capitalism doesn't work like that) because trade unions (for truck drivers) will lobby the government to drop that programe (or at least make those courses ineffective), because the more trained/qualified truck drivers in the labor market the more bargaining power it gives to employers to lower the salaries of drivers, so the trade unions will combat that by lobbying the government.

Well funding exists right now for people who want to become truck drivers. No excuses.

Overgrazing and charcoal harvesting are the main cause for desertification in Somaliweyn. The rainfall pattern has actually been slowly increasing and floods have become more commonplace. Those HOA famines are mainly caused by the lack of planning and brief periods of aridity rather than a sustained trend of lower rainfall.
There was previously a trend of lower rainfall in East Africa, still sort of is. Its gonna improve as we approach 2040.

Environmental change meeting in Glasgow this mouth, they all come by plane, increasing CO2. Its all talk, no change, just makes life harder for your average joe. They are mere hypocrites, especially that girl, Greta.
1634586178329.png

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I make a lot. Worked hard to get to where I am. My reward is to get punished with more taxes

The sad fact is that the working rich or well-off like yourself are the ones who get choked out by taxes but the truly rich, many of whom got there through inheritances, and who have massive "passive incomes" find all sorts of ways everywhere in the world to dance around paying exorbitant amounts of taxes. These are the people right-wing parties like the Republican party in the US are hard at work for when they speak of "tax cuts".

The sad fact is that the working rich or well-off like yourself are the ones who get choked out by taxes but the truly rich, many of whom got there through inheritances, and who have massive "passive incomes" find all sorts of ways everywhere in the world to dance around paying exorbitant amounts of taxes. These are the people right-wing parties like the Republican party in the US are hard at work for when they speak of "tax cuts".
Why do people demand for more tax money but no one demands for existing tax money to be used properly. So much of peoples tax money is wasted!

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Why do people demand for more tax money but no one demands for existing tax money to be used properly. So much of peoples tax money is wasted!

I don't know about the UK but in a lot of countries taxes are poorly allocated because of that same hyper wealthy class I spoke of. They rig the system to slowly but surely cutdown on what they fall "entitlements" like healthcare and schooling and more into things that benefit them and their communities, like better schools or infrastructure for their neighborhoods. You're then left with a situation where the poor to the upper middle class pay a crap load of taxes and honestly don't see the results they ought to.

We just had the UK budget and it's shocking wallahi. Middle income earners like myself or top earners like my wife are getting taxed to oblivion.

in the old days the tories used to be party of low taxation. Now they followed labour into tax and spend. trouble is the conservatives here don't know how to tax and spend wisely. That's labour territory.

We are getting a situation now where labour is the party of low taxes and the cons are the tax party.

You work long hours, pay alot of bills, expensive food, energy prices and then being told give us more of your money. It's fucked up

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
We just had the UK budget and it's shocking wallahi. Middle income earners like myself or top earners like my wife are getting taxed to oblivion.

in the old days the tories used to be party of low taxation. Now they followed labour into tax and spend. trouble is the conservatives here don't know how to tax and spend wisely. That's labour territory.

We are getting a situation now where labour is the party of low taxes and the cons are the tax party.

You work long hours, pay alot of bills, expensive food, energy prices and then being told give us more of your money. It's fucked up
And yet, Labour won't get voted in till the foreseeable future. Conservatives have been SO lenient, especially during the pandemic, from benefits, to taxes and now they need to make up the shortfall, via our heads. The rich will pay, the poor will get more benefits.

And yet, Labour won't get voted in till the foreseeable future. Conservatives have been SO lenient, especially during the pandemic, from benefits, to taxes and now they need to make up the shortfall, via our heads. The rich will pay, the poor will get more benefits.
A lot of people in my field have quit their jobs and started different careers. People just had enough of tax

You get your pay check after working like a donkey and u just watch your money being robbed by the government. Fuel is taxed. Road tax. TV license. Vat tax

Add inflation and national insurance hikes and you wonder what the f*ck is the point?
be your own boss mate be calculated create opportunities for yourself and your family dont work like a dog for the gaalo

Trending