Was Siad Barre a Non-Muslim?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
He wanted to change the verses of the Quran, he built churches in Muqdisho, alcohol was openly consumed. He killed the 10 sheikhs who questioned him.

Was he even a Muslim?

Here's some expert of the book called The Suicidal State in Somalia: The Rise and Fall of the Siad Barre Regime, 1969–1991

Addressing a 1000-strong crowd in the Konis Stadium, his speech was a confrontational in the sense that Islam was framed as something that could hardly intermingle with modernity of the day. Given that his education and understanding of the world religions were little, Siad Barre invented in his speech a fiction follower of Prophet Muhammad to widen his declaration by claiming that the Koran was contradictory. Using with sarcasm language against Islam, he contended that the Somali Society could not rely upon two wealthy men, Guuleed Bin Ubeyd and Lord scott, who protected their wealth through religion. Ironically, both bin Ubeyd and Scott were non-existent characters, though they could be found in the Presedent's dictionary. He continued to say, with very contentious tongue, that Islam was solely intended for 'barbaric Arabs'.

He challenged his audience whether they were ready to be slaves forever. By slaves, he seemed to suggest that the Somali masses had been enslaved by Islam. 'How can hungry person would respect a religion; if the person is a woman, she would strip herself of naked, because she has a right to live'. Thus he stressed that the food of the self was better than the belief of a religion.

He thought Islam was enslaving Somalia and he wanted to free it.

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
Still ruled you for 21 years. Can't ever erase the L. Has you in 2020 calacaaling about him. 30 years after his demise. Can you say rent free?

:wow:

Gibiin-Udug

Still ruled you for 21 years. Can't ever erase the L. Has you in 2020 calacaaling about him, 30 years after his demise. Can you say rent free?

He disrespected Islam and this is all you're worried about? I'm starting to think you would gladly suck him off if he asked, Khaniis.

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
He disrespected Islam and this is all you're worried about? I'm starting to think you would gladly suck him off if he asked, Khaniis.

I don't care for the tears of our victims. Keep crying. See us in the field. This time bring your own troops.

Gibiin-Udug

I don't care for the tears of our victims. Keep crying. See us in the field. This time bring your own troops.

What victim? You're the victim, omce farmaajo is out of the face you will go back to irrelevancy, and it will be an open season for you donfaars. Get ready abaayo. That pöön land will be taken.

It’s one thing to be a non Muslim but it’s another thing to kill shuyukh & attempt to change the Quran. He declared war on Allah and His Prophet scw, no wonder he died in such a humiliating way.

Farm

VIP
Siad Barre created an atheist secular hellhole form of governance in Somalia. The dog toppled a Muslim government, the civil war was only a matter of time.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
@Gibiin-Udug None of this is first hand evidence of disbelief the religion takes calling others nonbelievers quite seriously I wouldn’t suggest adding that to your list of wrongdoings.

That includes you @TekNiKo :ufdup: Sabrina isn’t gaal from anything i’ve seen.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
@Gibiin-Udug None of this is first hand evidence of disbelief the religion takes calling others nonbelievers quite seriously I wouldn’t suggest adding that to your list of wrongdoings.

That includes you @TekNiKo :ufdup: Sabrina isn’t gaal from anything i’ve seen.
You're right that we have to be careful when making takfir. That's why @Gibiin-Udug posed it as a question even though the words in the quote are undeniably the words of an apostate. I won't say that Siad Barre is not Muslim but, given what I know about him, I would be incredibly surprised if he was. In the end, Allah is the best judge.

Also don't mind @TekNiKo. He's a 'former' Al Shabaab supporter. His terror posts are still up on somnet. Takfir for him is like breathing.

Gibiin-Udug

You're right that we have to be careful when making takfir. That's why @Gibiin-Udug posed it as a question even though the words in the quote are undeniably the words of an apostate. I won't say that Siad Barre is not Muslim but, given what I know about him, I would be incredibly surprised if he was. In the end, Allah is the best judge.

Also don't mind @TekNiKo. He's a 'former' Al Shabaab supporter. His terror posts are still up on somnet. Takfir for him is like breathing.
Thank you @Crow for making it clear.
I put it in a question mark, when I mentioned both times asking if he was Muslim? I was shocked when I read the experts on the book.

Farm

VIP
1586307712529.jpeg

Trending

Latest posts