Villa Somalia releases image of President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud leading operations against Shabaab in Ceelbuur

bidenkulaha

GalYare
A4A5EE5D-B625-40E9-ACD0-BF7F6120FDAF.jpeg

This is what you call a true leader. By end of the year this guy will be widely known as the best leader in the world, genuinely lol

If HSM manages to capture Ceelbuur and make sure there isn’t one single patch of land that AS control east of Shabelle river in Somalia, the man’s a legend in my book :nvjpqts:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
If HSM manages to capture Ceelbuur and make sure there isn’t one single patch of land that AS control east of Shabelle river in Somalia, the man’s a legend in my book :nvjpqts:
Many many countries have Shabaab. They haven’t made a single inch in gains and they are way stronger than us. What HSM is legendary, all under an arms embargo

bidenkulaha

GalYare

6 fronts to be created against Shabaab. Completing cleansing Shabaab from the countryside and a siege before entering Ceelbuur to wipe them out forever

bidenkulaha

GalYare
UAE is our biggest ally right now. Just over the last couple weeks

426F963D-6091-4527-A538-0CFEB72B2AC3.jpeg
4100312E-30B0-45AA-8AE5-D70B33FCB4DA.jpeg
A1F4E1DB-EDAD-4D9F-ACEC-4E909A147FCB.jpeg

They’re training, equipping and funding 15k troops that are currently making this possible in Galmudug and Hirshabelle.

This is also crucial to ATMIS pull out and they’ll help with another 10k troops this and next half of 2024.

Providing offensive support in this op I’ve heard too.

This is likely costing them 100s of millions

UAE is our biggest ally right now. Just over the last couple weeks

View attachment 288741View attachment 288742View attachment 288743

They’re training, equipping and funding 15k troops that are currently making this possible in Galmudug and Hirshabelle.

This is also crucial to ATMIS pull out and they’ll help with another 10k troops this and next half of 2024.

Providing offensive support in this op I’ve heard too.

This is likely costing them 100s of millions

Who's going fund the troops once they cut their financial support?

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Who's going fund the troops once they cut their financial support?
The agreement was till we can afford to. Timeline of around 2 years but do UAE really want to lose that leverage? And does the FGS want to waste $150mn+ when it’s already has a scarce budget.

We’ll see how long it survives

The agreement was till we can afford to. Timeline of around 2 years but do UAE really want to lose that leverage? And does the FGS want to waste $150mn+ when it’s already has a scarce budget.

We’ll see how long it survives

What leverage? UAE will probably want something in return for a continuation of financial support post-AS. If they don't get satisfied, FGS will have find funding elsewhere or cut down on troops.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
What leverage? UAE will probably want something in return for a continuation of financial support post-AS. If they don't get satisfied, FGS will have find funding from elsewhere or cut down on troops.
UAE would have leverage over FGS as long as we rely on them for security. And they actually like that. Have similar relationship with militias in Sudan, Libya. What better than having it with the actual state?

They’ll get beneficial contracts for resources, I bet. Also get to buy our foreign policy.

UAE would have leverage over FGS as long as we rely on them for security. And they actually like that. Have similar relationship with militias in Sudan, Libya. What better than having it with the actual state?

They’ll get beneficial contracts for resources, I bet. Also get to buy our foreign policy.

Yeah, and leverage would be an understatement. They want control/domination. Right now they are in charge of Socotra and would want to control of as much of our coastal area as possible, both towards the Indian ocean and Gulf of Aden which is why they've invested heavily in Berbera and Bosaso. I do think that they may set up military bases somewhere up north.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Yeah, and leverage would be an understatement. They want control/domination. Right now they are in charge of Socotra and would want to control of as much of our coastal area as possible, both towards the Indian ocean and Gulf of Aden which is why they've invested heavily in Berbera and Bosaso. I do think that they may set up military bases somewhere up north.
UAE are very helpful tbh. It’s not just this Shabaab war. For example they are currently trying to negotiate an agreement with Deni and HSM. They will likely be the one to lead Somalia Somaliland talks as they control both Somalia and SL currently.

Trending

Latest posts