Vicious Jew Supremacist Learns Her Biological Father is An Arab And Her Biological Mother Is A Ex-Jew Muslim Revert.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Man fully blamed his maternal side for the admixture with no evidence:lolbron: For all we know that 2% could be from jeberti side kkkk

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
East or West, beyond the region, Both are native to Africa. Besides, telling me I don't know what I am talking about does not make his frustrations and your dismissal valid. The 2% he has comes from his father's side irrespective of what clan he is. Science is solid and foundational whilst clan association is fluid. You can be any Somali clan but will show similarity to all other Somalis from other clans. Zero difference. Whatever percentage a person has that is not Somali, is not explained away because of their tribe. It would still be there. My point still stands that he should lay the joke or the frustration on the source of the 2%.
I don't think the OP should really care about it.

But I won't go around and claim that this isn't divergent just to appease you and your deluded "SSAs Are All The Same and All Native" kumbaya narrative. Which actually undermines indigenous populations, diminishes distinctions between groups, exaggerates uniformity, and ignorantly homogenizes Subsaharan Africa. How is your Pan-African nonsense any different from a colonial mindset?

One could get admixture from any direction be it maternally or paternally. You could have easily asked the OP about it. Or read his initial post. It is more of an educated guess to assume that 2% came from Garissa than it did from Bossaso simply based on the results we've seen thus far.

But I won't go around and claim that this isn't divergent just to appease you and your deluded "SSAs Are All The Same and All Native" kumbaya narrative. Which actually undermines indigenous populations, diminishes distinctions between groups, exaggerates uniformity, and ignorantly homogenizes Subsaharan Africa. How is your Pan-African nonsense any different from a colonial mindset?

One could get admixture from any direction be it maternally or paternally. You could have easily asked the OP about it. Or read his initial post. It is more of an educated guess to assume that 2% came from Garissa than it did from Bossaso simply based on the results we've seen thus far.
The issue with your and other comments on reer NFD is that it is based on a faulty premise. The most significant contact Somalis in both Somalia and Somaliweyn have had and do have with bantu groups in our own territory is actually in the interior of Somalia/southern Somalia where bantu groups like the sizeable Madowweyn and Bajuni exist. Outside of that you have the swahili coast in Somalia and in NFD (Lamu). However, Somalis are expansionist in Kenya which has pushed Somalis outside the NFD in more recent history. Nonetheless looking at an ethnic map of Kenya would be explanatory as to the main groups Somalis border.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
is not stupid.

it’s what define our heritage.

Patriarchy keeps Somalis lineage going.

Bro you sound young, if you’re not then I apologise for what I’m gonna say.

No one that’s educated cares about lineage, it’s the opium of the ignorant or uneducated.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The issue with your and other comments on reer NFD is that it is based on a faulty premise. The most significant contact Somalis in both Somalia and Somaliweyn have had and do have with bantu groups in our own territory is actually in the interior of Somalia/southern Somalia where bantu groups like the sizeable Madowweyn and Bajuni exist. Outside of that you have the swahili coast in Somalia and in NFD (Lamu). However, Somalis are expansionist in Kenya which has pushed Somalis outside the NFD in more recent history. Nonetheless looking at an ethnic map of Kenya would be explanatory as to the main groups Somalis border.

I'm from the Northwest and as Somali as it gets. Hence, I'm not invested. Nor do I care about the source. I was speculating.

He either got it from Kismayo or from Kenya. Probably not the Northeast. No offense but some NFD dwellers are not like yourself (I have seen your results). As you said they are expansionist and might have moved beyond their traditional area(s).

I'm from the Northwest and as Somali as it gets. Hence, I'm not invested. Nor do I care about the source. I was speculating.

He either got it from Kismayo or from Kenya. Probably not the Northeast. No offense but some NFD dwellers are not like yourself (I have seen your results). As you said they are expansionist and might have moved beyond their traditional area(s).
I believe I've seen your brother. I've never fully gone through our relatives list but from the few pages I've gone through I've come across 1 person from NFD. Are these people coming up as relatives for you or have you come across their DNA elsewhere?

His Test is PATERNAL. So the 2% is related to that. Look up the definition of paternal DNA test. You are exempted if you have issues reading the plain text my dear.

is not stupid.

it’s what define our heritage.

Patriarchy keeps Somalis lineage going.

It is what kept Somalis purely homogenous people, rarity in today's populations and one of the oldest at that. Few nations and ethnicities hit above 75% similarity in genetics for their total population. Patriarchy, the law of the world.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
His Test is PATERNAL. So the 2% is related to that. Look up the definition of paternal DNA test. You are exempted if you have issues reading the plain text my dear.
What are you talking about, walaal? What he's shown us from 23andme is an AUTOSOMAL test result. You get your autosomes from both parents. It could be either one. There is seriously no way of knowing without testing both of his parents. He's just guessing it's his hooyo's side because he has Degoodi ancestry on that side. He has no real proof where it came from until he tests both of his parents, if its even real. You're confusing auDNA with Y-DNA. Arma hasnt' said he has "Bantu" Y-DNA. I assume he's just another generic E-V32 Somali guy in that respect.

What are you talking about, walaal? What he's shown us from 23andme is an AUTOSOMAL test result. You get your autosomes from both parents. It could be either one. There is seriously no way of knowing without testing both of his parents. He's just guessing it's his hooyo's side because he has Degoodi ancestry on that side. He has no real proof where it came from until he tests both of his parents, if its even real. You're confusing auDNA with Y-DNA. Arma hasnt' said he has "Bantu" Y-DNA. I assume he's just another generic E-V32 in that respect.

He actually looks more Somali than I look despite my 100% Somali result. I was only pointing out that it would be fairer if the joke was on his Paternal side since his results as posted is based on paternal DNA.

I don't understand why there is sensitivity to the issue.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
He actually looks more Somali than I look despite my 100% Somali result. I was only pointing out that it would be fairer if the joke was on his Paternal side since his results as posted is based on paternal DNA.

I don't understand why there is sensitivity to the issue.

No sensitivity, walaal. I'm just pointing out that his result is NOT based on "paternal DNA". It's based on autosomal DNA which he got from both his father and his mother (50-50). That 2% could be from either parent. We don't know.

No sensitivity, walaal. I'm just pointing out that his result is NOT based on "paternal DNA". It's based on autosomal DNA which he got from both his father and his mother (50-50). That 2% could be from either parent. We don't know.

But that is not how the results are listed. Are you saying without doing a mitochondrial or maternal DNA test, you can show results of what you inherited from your mother?

Don't they have the Paternal vs Maternal folders on your page at 23andme? There is a reason for the separation?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
But that is not how the results are listed. Are you saying without doing a mitochondrial or maternal DNA test, you can show results of what you inherited from your mother?

Don't they have the Paternal vs Maternal folders on your page at 23andme? There is a reason for the separation?
You're getting a few things very confused here, walaal. There is:

• Y-DNA: This just refers to the Y-Chromosome (XY) that makes males like you and me male and is always passed down from fathers to their sons. The Y-Chromosome has mutations on it that can be mapped and therefore we can map-out several sublineages (almost like real paternal qabiils and subqabiils) across the world. A man can easily have a Y-DNA lineage that formed in Korea because his awoowe from 10 generations ago was Korean whereas his actual full ancestry will be 100% Somali because his paternal ancestors for the last 10 generations have taken Somali wives. So long as the paternal line was never broken his original Korean ancestor's lineage will remain. Y-DNA is more useful for mapping migrations and contacts between groups. It is not and never will be a marker of your actual full ancestry.
  • mtDNA: Mitochondrial DNA is likewise passed down from mothers to their sons and daughters with only the daughters being able to pass it on to their offspring. Similarly there are generational mutations we can map to create a sort of tree of lineages and sublineages from but just like Y-DNA you could easily carry a mtDNA lineage that originated in say Siberia but the last 10 generations of women in your family took on Somali husbands so your full ancestry will be Somali (100%) yet you'll still carry that Siberian mtDNA lineage so long as the maternal line was never broken for those 10 generations. Like Y-DNA this is completely useless for mapping someone's actual ancestry.
  • Autosomal DNA (auDNA): auDNA is what we see here:
screenshot_20211008-165522_23andme-jpg.215766

Anytime you see regional and ethnic ancestry reports it's based on AUTOSOMAL DNA which is just the full-range of autosomal SNPs you directly inherited from BOTH your aabo and your hooyo. 50% from aabo and 50% from hooyo. This is what makes a Somali a Somali or a Korean a Korean or a Congolese person Congolese. And there is NO WAY of knowing which side he got the 2% from without testing both of his parents. He's just guessing by assuming it's his hooyo based on her lineage.

@Arma has not shared his Y-DNA and mtDNA lineages with us though I assume they're probably generic Somali lineages.

You're getting a few things very confused here, walaal. There is:

• Y-DNA: This just refers to the Y-Chromosome (XY) that makes males like you and me male and is always passed down from fathers to their sons. The Y-Chromosome has mutations on it that can be mapped and therefore we can map-out several sublineages (almost like real paternal qabiils and subqabiils) across the world. A man can easily have a Y-DNA lineage that formed in Korea because his awoowe from 10 generations ago was Korean whereas his actual full ancestry will be 100% Somali because his paternal ancestors for the last 10 generations have taken Somali wives. So long as the paternal line was never broken his original Korean ancestor's lineage will remain. Y-DNA is more useful for mapping migrations and contacts between groups. It is not and never will be a marker of your actual full ancestry.
  • mtDNA: Mitochondrial DNA is likewise passed down from mothers to their sons and daughters with only the daughters being able to pass it on to their offspring. Similarly there are generational mutations we can map to create a sort of tree of lineages and sublineages from but just like Y-DNA you could easily carry a mtDNA lineage that originated in say Siberia but the last 10 generations of women in your family took on Somali husbands so your full ancestry will be Somali (100%) yet you'll still carry that Siberian mtDNA lineage so long as the maternal line was never broken for those 10 generations. Like Y-DNA this is completely useless for mapping someone's actual ancestry.
  • Autosomal DNA (auDNA): auDNA is what we see here:
screenshot_20211008-165522_23andme-jpg.215766

Anytime you see regional and ethnic ancestry reports it's based on AUTOSOMAL DNA which is just the full-range of autosomal SNPs you directly inherited from BOTH your aabo and your hooyo. 50% from aabo and 50% from hooyo. This is what makes a Somali a Somali or a Korean a Korean or a Congolese person Congolese. And there is NO WAY of knowing which side he got the 2% from without testing both of his parents. He's just guessing by assuming it's his hooyo based on her lineage.

@Arma has not shared his Y-DNA and mtDNA lineages with us though I assume they're probably generic Somali lineages.

So the results 23andMe posts are from both parents? It is the aggregate DNA of an individual rather than it being Paternal lineage result? Say a Somali had two different parents ethnically, the results he gets on 23andMe would then reflect the mixture of DNA in them? Makes sense.

Damn! what a sure way to screw up a Somali individual's morale when they don't get 100% Somali. I suggest people not pay money to take this test.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
So the results 23andMe posts are from both parents? It is the aggregate DNA of an individual rather than it being Paternal lineage result? Say a Somali had two different parents ethnically, the results he gets on 23andMe would then reflect the mixture of DNA in them? Makes sense.

Damn! what a sure way to screw up a Somali individual's morale when they don't get 100% Somali. I suggest people not pay money to take this test.

Look it sort of like this:

JvJQOoJ.png

Your Y-DNA is from that one dude on the left and your mtDNA is from that one chica on the right among all those people. Although, in truth, auDNA is a little more complex. Dude to random recombination over the generations you may inherit far less from some of those ancestors than others, even miss out entirely on DNA segments from many of them. it's really a toss of the dice which segments of DNA you inherit from your parents in the 50% you get from them. You may in fact be 15% awoowo but 35% ayeeyo, for example. That can seriously happen. And who knows how much each ancestor of ayeeyo's in that 35% got left behind.

Trending