Vacations without parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you ever been to a vacation without your parents?
I have met Somali friends a couple of weeks ago and we talked and the topic came up and I said I’ve been to vacations with my friends like actual ones meaning out of europe and with in too, and they thought it was strange. I found out that a lot of Somali parents don’t really trust their children to stay on the straight path to Jannah and micro-manage them like their mother would tell them to prayer or read Quran and things that should be expected from an adult( 21-23)

Do you experience that too?

Do you ever been to a vacation without your parents?
I have met Somali friends a couple of weeks ago and we talked and the topic came up and I said I’ve been to vacations with my friends like actual ones meaning out of europe and with in too, and they thought it was strange. I found out that a lot of Somali parents don’t really trust their children to stay on the straight path to Jannah and micro-manage them like their mother would tell them to prayer or read Quran and things that should be expected from an adult( 21-23)

Do you experience that too?

If you don't trust your 20+ kids to go on vacation, how will you be able to trust them to live by themselves :ayaanswag:

Most Somalis live with their parents till marriage. But Their point is that their deen weakens when their around gaal.

Sxb you are surrounded by non-muslims at work and school. If your deen capitulates the second hooyo isn't breathing down the neck, then your faith wasn't there to begin with :manny:

My mum let me travel alone at 17 for the first time and i celebrated my birthday on the trip came back 18.

I was with one of my family friend we knew for over 20yrs so we’re fam.

She let me go but her friends put doubt in her mind and felt horrible letting me go. Then I felt horrible And scared then we both trusted Allah and I went overseas.

It was such an experience lol my dumbass brought full perfumes around 200ml in my luggage cause I’ve never travelled alone before u know.

I was interrogated by the immigration of course because of my hijab and that was an experience a funny one though.

As for reading Quran and my other work. She tells me but not excessively. She just hates me spending too much time on my phone.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
My dad don’t bother me at all. I’m 21.

I legit told him that me and the homies were planning on going to the Grand Canyon pretty soon and he just said cool.

My mum never had a problem too, after graduating high school, me and my friends took a trip to Sri Lanka/India for like 6 weeks and it was really beautiful and an amazing experience.
The thing is when you raise your kids right, you don’t need to fear for them to stay on the right path...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending