UNSC Lifts Arms Embargo!!

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Lmao if the Somali navy is revived, the last thing they’ll do is protect fishers rights. They’ll do things that get them a pat on the back such as arresting suspected pirates, intercepting threats to trade etc. Looking after one’s national interest does NOT go over well with Uncle Sam, who will be providing some of the weapons.
Niyahow stop being negative nacalaa

You are completely detached from reality. That would be immediately frowned up by the international community and HSM is totally aware of this. We just joined a madow economic union. If we were dead set on payback, we wouldn’t do that. We eased restrictions on Kenyan khat imports and peacefully solved the maritime dispute (we used diplomacy to get the world on our side etc.).

Every nation should have a capable self defence force and I think that’s what we’ll go for. We most certainly won’t attack other countries or even make threats. We were unconquerable without a capable military so this will be a major deterrent.

And as for the illegal fishing vessels, HSM and his government are trying to audition for international military support by vowing to protect international vessels in the Indian Ocean near Somalia and gulf of Aden. They’ll probably also focus on human trafficking. Any hostile action toward cargo ships is completely off the table. If anything, they’ll begin to document illegal fishing violations and take legal action. Besides, who in their right mind fishes in another country’s water when there’s a large navy presence there?

So temper expectations. A war footing is not good for us.
Lmao, I just said we can’t snap our fingers and become a regional power, key word regional. I said right after the post you’re refuting that we should focus on becoming economically superior to our neighbours and bully them as a part of our foreign policy. e.g weaponising ports with Djibouti and Eritrea to charge high fees for Abyssinian imports keeping them reliant on us. The incursions into their airspace was for when we would have a stronger political standing and as for the fishing vessels I don’t think the international community would give a shit if we dropped a bomb on Iranian fishing vessels which have stolen hundreds of millions from our coast. A war footing is good as long as we’re selective and have legitimate reasons. What do you think Ethiopia and Kenya are gonna stop funding rebel groups cuz the arms embargo is lifted? We should use our weapons to send them a message by increasing border security and allowing some weapons to pass the border so we can justify a foreign incursion. Or reciprocate by funding rebel groups in their nations as to disincentivise them for destabilising our nation. After all if Uncle Sam is cool with it then the international community don’t matter and Uncle Sam is gonna turn blind to our war crimes when they start drinking our oil. Donald trump didn’t say shi about Jamal kashoggi he didn’t even place an arms embargo like Germany did, despite international pressure. They have a worse human rights record than us but since their trade partners it don’t matter.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Lmao, I just said we can’t snap our fingers and become a regional power, key word regional. I said right after the post you’re refuting that we should focus on becoming economically superior to our neighbours and bully them as a part of our foreign policy. e.g weaponising ports with Djibouti and Eritrea to charge high fees for Abyssinian imports keeping them reliant on us. The incursions into their airspace was for when we would have a stronger political standing and as for the fishing vessels I don’t think the international community would give a shit if we dropped a bomb on Iranian fishing vessels which have stolen hundreds of millions from our coast. A war footing is good as long as we’re selective and have legitimate reasons. What do you think Ethiopia and Kenya are gonna stop funding rebel groups cuz the arms embargo is lifted? We should use our weapons to send them a message by increasing border security and allowing some weapons to pass the border so we can justify a foreign incursion. Or reciprocate by funding rebel groups in their nations as to disincentivise them for destabilising our nation. After all if Uncle Sam is cool with it then the international community don’t matter and Uncle Sam is gonna turn blind to our war crimes when they start drinking our oil. Donald trump didn’t say shi about Jamal kashoggi he didn’t even place an arms embargo like Germany did, despite international pressure. They have a worse human rights record than us but since their trade partners it don’t matter.
What do you want from poor Iran lmao. They’ve been strangled by bullshit sanctions and their gulf of khubz has no fish. Be humane for once dude

Yeah I think given our businesslike culture, opening of EAC markets and potential stability gained by the lifting of the embargo, our economy will grow and potentially be bigger than our neighbours.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
I just have one thing to say to HSM.
cover1.jpg

pinkyandthebrain

Sigmund
VIP
This is good news however we shouldn't celebrate just yet as things could turn horribly wrong as Somalia currently at its weakest point. I don't trust our current warlord corrupt system. In order to succeed we need a new system that doesn't revolve around qabil to really see change.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
This is good news however we shouldn't celebrate just yet as things could turn horribly wrong as Somalia currently at its weakest point. I don't trust our current warlord corrupt system. In order to succeed we need a new system that doesn't revolve around qabil to really see change.
The 4.5 system is stupid but it is practical for now. In theory all of the major clans are represented should disincentive any one group from taking up arms.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
He’s stacking up W after W recently. The next stage is to get rid of Kebab, and once that happens, people will invest in a safe and stable place
If he beats AS then I have no doubt his legacy is sealed. His name will be brought up for the man who brought some security back to the state. I hope he keeps that in mind, I hope he strives for that.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
If he beats AS then I have no doubt his legacy is sealed. His name will be brought up for the man who brought some security back to the state. I hope he keeps that in mind, I hope he strives for that.
He’s a shrewd politician who can get anyone on his side. And he appears to really care about his country.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Time to go to Twitter and argue with people from Somaliland
Sealteam GIF by Paramount+
It’s been a bad week for them. They’re now involuntarily in a political union with DRC Congo, the country they claim to have seceded from is going to acquire heavy weaponry and global legitimacy, and Ethiopia has been threatening to capture a sliver of their land for a port.

Trending