United States of America and Somali Americans Appriciatation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
God Bless America.

Here is a country that has so much to offer. We have mountain ranges, massive canyons, forests, deserts, plains, swamplands, ocean and lake fronts, waterfalls and more than 250,000 rivers, You name it, it's here and completely accessible to anyone from anywhere to explore and enjoy.

Where else can you meet so many people from so many diverse backgrounds? Where else can you step from a busy street in a metropolitan area right into what looks like a downtown Chinese marketplace, or a Bavarian village or a Mexican city without having to leave the country? What other country doesn't even have an official language because of the diversity it was forged from and continues to broaden? What other country has so many different variations of the most common language used?

Here, you can drive from one side of the country to the other and pass all the above places mentioned and on the way you'll see churches, Mosques,temples, houses, tents or other structures for every kind of religion in the world and if you so please, you can join any of them without anyone batting an eye because you have that right.

Here you can hate the country and its leaders and government and scream it out, protest right outside the very offices where it all takes place and let your disgust be known with absolutely no reprimands of any kind for doing so.

So many great things about this country ,it is the melting pot of the world,an American citizen has more value than 10 Ayraba and Asian,we are the unofficial police of the world, almost all of the foreign leaders in the world are our puppets and we will destroy your in a heartbeat if you don't adhere to our world dominance or try to sideline us.

Some may say we don't have a defining culture but we literally have adapted the best parts of each culture all over the world as ours, we are the land of diversity and opportunity. I've been to other countries and I can say many offer some wonderful opportunities and scenery but I still felt something missing while I was there, and I figured out that it was America!

Sure we have our issues but you show me a perfect nation and government elsewhere and I'll show you what shelf that fantasy belongs on in the fiction section of the library.

2018815636698916315625999DknIpFNX4AAolFB.jpg large.jpg

Somali Americans, tell us one thing you like about the great nation we call home?

Last edited:

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Notable Somali Americans

Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed, diplomat, professor and politician; President of SomaliaI

Ilhan Omar
, congresswoman, first Somali American elected to US House of Representatives.

DahirAdan Elmi Chief Commander of Somali National Army 2000s

Mohammad Ali Samatar Former Somali Prime Minister 1987-1990

Ali
Khalif Galaydh Somali Politician and Former Minister 1980s

Abdiweli Mohamed Ali, An Economist, Former Somali Prime Minister.

Somali American model

Iman Abdinur
Sheikh Mohamed, educator and politician; former Minister of Education of Somalia

Abdirahman Duale Beyle, economist; former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Somalia

Abdisalam Aato, film director, producer, entrepreneur and media consultant; founder of Olol Films

Abdisalam Omer, economist; Minister of Foreign Affairs of Somalia

AbdullahiAhmed Irro, professor; retired Somali general

Alisha Boe, actress

Asha Ahmed Abdalla, politician; former member of the Transitional Federal Parliament

Asli Hassan Abade, military pilot

Ayaanand Idyl Mohallim, fashion designers; founders of Mataano

Ayaan Hirsi Ali, writer, political activist, former legislator

Halima Aden
, supermodel

Hassan AliMire, politician; former Minister of Education of Somalia

Hodan Ahmed
, political activist

Fatima Jibrell, environmental activist; co-founder of Adeso

Idil Ibrahim, film director, producer and entrepreneur; founder of Zeila Films

Iman supermodel
, actress and entrepreneur

Jawahir Ahmed, fashion model and beauty pageant winner

Muna Khalif, fashion designer and legislator; MP in Federal Parliament of Somalia

Musse Olol, social activist; Recipient of the 2011 Director's Community Leadership Award

Nuruddin Farah, writer

Raqiya Haji Dualeh Abdalla, sociologist and politician; President of the Somali Family Care Network

Saado Ali Warsame, singer-songwriter and politician

Said Sheikh
Samatar, scholar, historian and writer

Sofia Samatar professor, editor and writer

Last edited:

OffTheDome

Proud American
May God bless the United States of America, my home.

We the Somali-Americans appreciate and thank the United States for giving us a chance to taste democracy once again and the freedom for free speech and press, not many people can enjoy those Amendments. May God bless you and May God bless these United States of America
:rejoice::salute:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Mareykan would be better if there were less Darod like Mj and Ogaden. And if there was more Isaaq.
There are more Isaaqs in the UK. I don't see them having the same impact that MJ/OG have in USA.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
giphy.gif

Without the UK, USA wouldn't have been anything major.

Even now, the UK finest Somalisends up in America.

History repeats itself many times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts