U.K. Faarax goes 2 to Xamar, begs 4 a job & says was close 2 going mental N the UK bc of lack of job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Stripe away his UK citizenship lets see if he still Will tell the locals not to tahriib

For someone from the diaspora to tell people back home not to embark on tahriib they are either Xaasid or just so extremely self-centered that they don't even realize that their advantages, or to borrow SJW lingo their 'diasporan-privilege', doesn't extend to the locals. I think most fall into the latter category and think that Somalia can be great for anyone just because they themselves are getting job offers left and right and/or maybe have enough capital to start a business. It's like an all American WASP trust-fund kid in an ivy league university with a cushy job at a prestigious law firm waiting for him, talking about the importance of personal responsibility, hard work and how anyone can make it in America, in a conversation about blacks and poverty in the inner cities.

No doubt the West is no longer what it was as opportunities are dwindling quite rapidly due to degree inflation, outsourcing, de-industrialization and automation/technology. But despite this the vast majority of people in Somalia can only dream of the educational and financial opportunities we still have here. To a poor guy from Somalia a minimum wage job at a meat factory somewhere in the West is like winning the lottery. Diasporans don't realize this because even if they were raised poor they weren't raised poor in the African sense of the word, and thus can't fathom how someone would tahriib just to work in a factory. Once again it's due to a self-centered and ego-centric outlook barring them from seeing things from a different perspective. Making it to the West with a plan allows one to get educated, get access to good healthcare, save money to use as capital for investments and get a respected passport that can be used to travel anywhere in the world. So the message of staying in Somalia only makes sense if ur either part of the local Somali elite (families of politicians and businessmen) or are a diasporan with all of the privileges that come with it. To give that same message to poor and destitute locals who are desperate for hope and any opportunity is cruel and borderline criminal.

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
@VixR
Other type of people that return to Somalia to help their country
https://mobile.twitter.com/deeqafrika?lang=en
I'm not denying these people exist, Canuck, but unfortunately I get the sense most of Somalia's diasporan imports are usually qashin. We inadvertently use it as a dump for miscreants, the mentally ill, and ppl running away from law. I'm not saying that's the whole truth, but it's common and true to what I see. I hope more of the useful types make a dent.

I forgot to mention the issue of marriage in my post above. which also plays a big role. Diasporans get the pick of the litter while the locals struggle to even get a girl and then struggle to pay for the wedding.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I forgot to mention the issue of marriage in my post above. which also plays a big role. Diasporans get the pick of the litter while the locals struggle to even get a girl and then struggle to pay for the wedding.

Maybe they should fix their country instead of chewing khat all day

I observed the Madowweyn people and they work all over the country building buildings and doing menial jobs

While jileec Somalis chew khat and wait for Dahabshiil payment

For someone from the diaspora to tell people back home not to embark on tahriib they are either Xaasid or just so extremely self-centered that they don't even realize that their advantages, or to borrow SJW lingo their 'diasporan-privilege', doesn't extend to the locals. I think most fall into the latter category and think that Somalia can be great for anyone just because they themselves are getting job offers left and right and/or maybe have enough capital to start a business. It's like an all American WASP trust-fund kid in an ivy league university with a cushy job at a prestigious law firm waiting for him, talking about the importance of personal responsibility, hard work and how anyone can make it in America, in a conversation about blacks and poverty in the inner cities.

No doubt the West is no longer what it was as opportunities are dwindling quite rapidly due to degree inflation, outsourcing, de-industrialization and automation/technology. But despite this the vast majority of people in Somalia can only dream of the educational and financial opportunities we still have here. To a poor guy from Somalia a minimum wage job at a meat factory somewhere in the West is like winning the lottery. Diasporans don't realize this because even if they were raised poor they weren't raised poor in the African sense of the word, and thus can't fathom how someone would tahriib just to work in a factory. Once again it's due to a self-centered and ego-centric outlook barring them from seeing things from a different perspective. Making it to the West with a plan allows one to get educated, get access to good healthcare, save money to use as capital for investments and get a respected passport that can be used to travel anywhere in the world. So the message of staying in Somalia only makes sense if ur either part of the local Somali elite (families of politicians and businessmen) or are a diasporan with all of the privileges that come with it. To give that same message to poor and destitute locals who are desperate for hope and any opportunity is cruel and borderline criminal.

I concur but it seems to be rooted in a lack of empathy. Children who grew in the diaspora is detached from the realities of Somalia, and even the worst of its attributes are hidden from them. It takes profound insight in the Somali system to see what locals deal with in the form of inadequate government ressource, rampant corruption and no accountability across the board.Diaspora children are told the old tales of Somalia prior to the civil-war, which is a significant departure from the realities of today.

Parents tell with proud in their voice the tales of great sand white beaches, beautiful summers and abundant natural and communality. With that the fondness of the country is emulated in the child who grow up to believe and in some cases continue to believe contrary to evidence, in the same way Trump supporters refuse to believe that their idol is fallible. This warped sense of the country contribute to what can seem like a cruel advice.

Maybe they should fix their country instead of chewing khat all day

I observed the Madowweyn people and they work all over the country building buildings and doing menial jobs

While jileec Somalis chew khat and wait for Dahabshiil payment

How is fixing Somalia any more their responsibility than it is ours? Does being lucky to have made it to the West suddenly absolve us of responsibility? So not only do we get cushy lives in the West but now we can blame the unlucky ones left behind for not taking responsibility and fixing the country eh? Please refer to the example of that WASP trust-fund kid in my post above, u might realize something, hopefully, that is if u have any self-awareness.

I concur but it seems to be rooted in a lack of empathy. Children who grew in the diaspora is detached from the realities of Somalia, and even the worst of its attributes are hidden from them. It takes profound insight in the Somali system to see what locals deal with in the form of inadequate government ressource, rampant corruption and no accountability across the board.Diaspora children are told the old tales of Somalia prior to the civil-war, which is a significant departure from the realities of today.

Parents tell with proud in their voice the tales of great sand white beaches, beautiful summers and abundant natural and communality. With that the fondness of the country is emulated in the child who grow up to believe and in some cases continue to believe contrary to evidence, in the same way Trump supporters refuse to believe that their idol is fallible. This warped sense of the country contribute to what can seem like a cruel advice.

Good insight.

Gambar

VIP
How is fixing Somalia anymore their responsibility than it is ours? Does being lucky to have made it to the West suddenly absolve us of responsibility? So not only do we get cushy lives in the West but now we can blame the unlucky ones left behind for not taking responsibility and fixing the country eh? Please refer to the example of that WASP trust-fund kid in my post above, u might realize something, hopefully, that is if u have any self-awareness.
I agree with you, it's our responsibility as well but diasporans are the ones wanting to lead the country and vie for leadership while those that never left are left desperate and hopeless. Then there are those with family members back home who are leaders and live lavish off of aid money. Walle nacalad ba ku yaala.

I agree with you, it's our responsibility as well but diasporans are the ones wanting to lead the country and vie for leadership while those that never left are left desperate and hopeless. Then there are those with family members back home who are leaders and live lavish off of aid money. Walle nacalad ba ku yaala.

Exactly. It's a sad state of affairs.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
How is fixing Somalia any more their responsibility than it is ours? Does being lucky to have made it to the West suddenly absolve us of responsibility? So not only do we get cushy lives in the West but now we can blame the unlucky ones left behind for not taking responsibility and fixing the country eh? Please refer to the example of that WASP trust-fund kid in my post above, u might realize something, hopefully, that is if u have any self-awareness.
Yes they can,ethnic Somalis lack work ethic, they believe they are above hard work. The culture needs to change, skilled work is looked down on, take a look at the plight of the Madhibaan they are blacksmiths, mechanics etc

Everyone wants a comfy office job with air-conditioning instead of being fishermen, farmers manufacturing etc.

The culture needs to change

VixR

Veritas
Yes they can,ethnic Somalis lack work ethic, they believe they are above hard work. The culture needs to change, skilled work is looked down on, take a look at the plight of the Madhibaan they are blacksmiths, mechanics etc

Everyone wants a comfy office job with air-conditioning instead of being fishermen, farmers manufacturing etc.

You're both right. It's a multi-pronged issue.

I agree that Somalis, whether in the West or backhome, lack a strong work ethic. And ur right it's a cultural problem which needs to change. I'm just saying the responsibility of fixing the country also falls on our shoulders, not just the locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending