Two new never before seen minerals discovered in a massive meteorite that landed in Somalia!

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

The two newly discovered minerals have been named elaliite and elkinstantonite. The first receives its name from the meteorite itself, dubbed the “El Ali” meteorite because it was found in near the town of El Ali, in the Hiiraan region of Somalia. Herd named the second mineral after Lindy Elkins-Tanton, vice president of the ASU Interplanetary Initiative, professor at Arizona State University’s School of Earth and Space Exploration and principal investigator of NASA’s upcoming Psyche mission.

“Lindy has done a lot of work on how the cores of planets form, how these iron nickel cores form, and the closest analogue we have are iron meteorites. So it made sense to name a mineral after her and recognize her contributions to science,” Herd explains.

In collaboration with researchers at UCLA and the California Institute of Technology, Herd classified the El Ali meteorite as an “Iron, IAB complex” meteorite, one of over 350 in that particular category.

As Herd was analyzing the meteorite to classify it, he saw something that caught his attention. He brought in the expertise of Andrew Locock, head of the U of A’s Electron Microprobe Laboratory, who has been involved in other new mineral descriptions including Heamanite-(Ce).

“The very first day he did some analyses, he said, ‘You’ve got at least two new minerals in there,’” says Herd. “That was phenomenal. Most of the time it takes a lot more work than that to say there’s a new mineral.

If Somalis are smart they would capture that meteor minerals and sell them at an extremely high price but alas it will probably go to a foreign blacksite to be shipped abroad for a fraction of its true worth!

If Somalis are smart they would capture that meteor minerals and sell them at an extremely high price but alas it will probably go to a foreign blacksite to be shipped abroad for a fraction of its true worth!

First, Somalia needs a stable state before resources such as minerals can be extracted. In this current form, any mineral extraction would cause environment degradation, resource theft, and civil conflict. Just look at Congo and the situation of our fellow Africans in that resource-rich country. I hope we find our sanity before Somalis can extract resources.

Laagite

الداروودي

Get the Gaalos to pay $30 billion for those dhagaxs

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I have a friend who went to Somalia searching for Mercury in the mountains. If i tell him this--he will be impressed.

Be right back
1669745400912.png

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I have a friend who went to Somalia searching for Mercury in the mountains. If i tell him this--he will be impressed.

Be right back View attachment 244438

Scratch that. He went into Hawiya tirade for giving U A arabs access to Somalia. The place the rocks are found- Hirraaan region Hawiya live there. Somali disease is massive!

Trending