Trolley Problem: Who would you save?

Who should be saved?

• Somali Man from your Qabiil

• Arab Family

Results are only viewable after voting.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
When making lightning quick decisions we often act in favour of our emotions and our primordial selves surface. You also haven't mentioned the degree of closeness with this relative. Also, we are beholden to the tribe a bit more than we think. If we don't save him it might me ostracism and alienation from the group. And the mind registers rejection as abandonment which is a psychological form of torment linked to death. Having him die might feel like dying yourself which is a lot less guilt than if a family 'you have zero connection to' disappears. You could always rationalize that you couldn't quite save them and if the tables were turned a member of their kin would choose their qabil/member of their ethnic group over a Somali family of four. Even if the life lost of one individual is in service of the life of a group/family.
It depends on your world view I guess, if you were more invested in the idea that all lives matter then the emotional weight of letting five people die would be far greater than one, especially when there are kids involved

Put me on the spot i save the family. Give me time to think about it I would go the Somali brother. Imagine later on I found out he was mj and I have to live with killing a fellow chosen one

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It depends on your world view I guess, if you were more invested in the idea that all lives matter then the emotional weight of letting five people die would be far greater than one, especially when there are kids involved

You're talking to Somalis boo, boo. Though I'm sure they are divergent in thoughts and ideas lets be honest with ourselves about their overall worldview.

There's three ways i'd go about it

1) Whichever person/people is stronger with their faith i'd send them straight to Allah. The other person/people i'd give them the chance to turn their life around. This one is risky because it feels like i'm playing God and there is no way to know how religious someone is and no guarantee on the person changing themselves lol (i'm fully aware this would be a near impossible scenario).

2) Whichever one is more beneficial to society.

3) Majority wins.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
the moral dilemma is about taking life

Do you have the right to take a life? Who gets to choose who dies and who lives?

Also, the young toddler is a no brainer? Wtf do old people contribute anymore

I’m saying those questions wouldn’t even cross my mind as important in any way. I would just save the 5 people, in my mind I would be complicit in 5 deaths instead of 1 if I didn’t. I would choose who lives and dies and it would be a simple choice at that.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
There's three ways i'd go about it

1) Whichever person/people is stronger with their faith i'd send them straight to Allah. The other person/people i'd give them the chance to turn their life around. This one is risky because it feels like i'm playing God and there is no way to know how religious someone is and no guarantee on the person changing themselves lol (i'm fully aware this would be a near impossible scenario).

2) Whichever one is more beneficial to society.

3) Majority wins.
Problem is that its a high stress choice. On jerk reaction I'd save my qabil mate but on afterthought I'd choose the family.

Even better I'd choose the no pull scenario. Where the train is gonna be going anyways is where I'll leave it

Problem is that its a high stress choice. On jerk reaction I'd save my qabil mate but on afterthought I'd choose the family.

Even better I'd choose the no pull scenario. Where the train is gonna be going anyways is where I'll leave it

That's very true. I'm sitting here all comfy talking about who i'd save but the outcome could very well be different if i'm put in that situation. The no pull scenario would weigh on me heavy too because of all the "what if's", no choice is easy here.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
The Somali man from my qabiil ofcourse, what kind of stupid question is this?

Qabiil before humanity.

:wow1:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You're also a life saver
What about the quote from the quran? the one that says " to save a life is to save the whole of mankind". Does the saved life negate the one murder? techinically I would have saved all of mankind in that one life. That's more good deads times the exponential growth of humanity's population.

Seems like a made the right choice. Or did I?......

:hmm:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
if it was also a Somali family and and one Arab person I would save the Somali family. But in this case it's a Arab family consisting of 5 people over 1 human life. I'd choose saving the family.