*trigger warning* Why are Somali diaspora so obsessed with Palestine?

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
You won't find the answers to your questions on this platform, honestly looking at the comments here it didn't seem like there were genuine answers to begin with.

Somalis will instead dedicate that same amount of energy outside of their own causes and have vigorous endeavours to
raise awareness to other causes that are far by unrelated to Somali internal affairs , it always had been that way for a very long time, wether it was 900 Hijra the year where the ancestors of Samaale were exposed to Arab merchants and from there , the embracement of Islam
or the 16th century or today we can safely estimate and conclude that if a census/poll/referendum were conducted , 98% of Somalis would interpret that Islam and the Somali identity to be completely inseparable.
So to understand their notions futhermore we need to dive in a little deeper , if a Somali were to renounce the religion of his forefathers , that same religion his forefathers accepted centuries ago ,
it indicates that leaving the fold of Islam could also imply he have left the encirclement of Somalinimo altogether ,
this is according to what the majority had interpreted as.

This is why many here prioritise and focus on another direction , the plights of a random Chinese Muslim under CCP authoritarianism , a Kashmiri or what is currently happening to Palestinians than what had recently happened in Mogadishu , there are survivors , innocent civilians that caught up in the explosion this recent week
, old , women and as young as five heavily wounded in critical conditions.

but hey since that is not a priority and they do not see it as their problem
because we don't like each other , that's me being blunt about the situation.
what's happening elsewhere in this Ummah are too sacred especially the West Bank
That's what they'll likely say.

Remember as I mentioned earlier many will intertwine the two altogether , religion and ethnicity, so it's Islam first and Somali to the bottom of the list.
That's the total mindset they have today.

Totally illogical and inconclusive.

But what can I do , I am an individual and do not think what the majority perceive , I can't change their damn narratives.

Somalis would not bat an eye on their fellow countrymen , the plights they go through on a daily basis, the sufferings they endure , the unexplainable mass exodus of the young , old and crippled outside of Somalia for war torn Libya and many go to larger extents to risk their lives along with their families to the townships of South Africa and the likeliness of being another statistic written on The Cape Times headlines another Somali national murdered are inevitable because life back home is a constant living hell.
I mean you flee with your family with your lives barefooted all the way from Mogadishu and end up in a container store in Diepsloot , one the worst areas of the country a shithole that many of it's native residents find it too unbearing that either flee to Pretoria and Johannesburg
yet the displaced Somali refugees managed to establish in this dangerous shithole and find tranquility , obviously you would scratch your head and wonder why dangerous and tranquility are in one sentence.
Back home these people were shell shocked their entire lives facing traumatic stress, people that have seen nothing but war the past 30 years and view the lawlessness as something normal,
to the point death didn't faze them and the sounds of gunfire were less frightening becoming music to their ears since there was nothing entertaining ,until one fateful evening, or morning or noon, mortars landed in their homes , brought the conclusion their entire existence was a fucking dysfunction. Once stepping out of Somalia they sought to live Humans again.
Now
Imagine that and let that sink in , hope you understand why I put dangerous and tranquility.

So imagine out of all the places that's how bad Somalia is right now.

They don't care about anything Somali related don't let the fake nationalists and wadanis fool you , they're no different.

No one would stand up for Somalis right , our politicians are all useless , pathetic and good for nothing.

Aha , I have noticed one thing on this forum is that many would often debate and come into a visible agreement that Indians and Arabs are far by spineless human beings , but I beg to differ , many Somalis online or in real life fit into that category today ,
I even know some characters that are far by fitting into that description.
@Rastavelli-67 you managed to turn what I explained in a paragraph into a whole thesis but nevertheless it's nice to see someons else share my opinion :wow:
Somalis are the most tribalistic people on the planet. We brought our failures onto ourselves. I see through your agenda. Stop hiding behind fake wadanimo you filthy murtad. You think your kind are accepted back home?

Do not compare what we’re going through to what the Palestinians are. I can support more than one cause. However no cause is more just than the freedom and liberation of Al Aqsa from occupation.
Not even one reply down later, I'm done.

A Somalivs failures are his own but a bunch of dhegcaz have to be coddled. This the coming from the same folks who make fun of BLM.

I'll change my statement in what I said in a previous thread. I'll care about Palestine a bit less than Somalia because I'm at heart a nationalist. It won't mean I do not care because what Israel is doing is disgusting but Somalia issues will always have precedence over Palestine.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
They waste their time on xalimo that Farah this, and shitty threads like this, and as soon someone post about Palestine they got triggered and came screaming "why you not caring for Somalia " they act as if they spent their life and the threads they post for the sake of somalia. No single of they do here is benefiting Somalia yet here we go with false patriotism with every post mentioning Palestine :silanyosmile:
719P9bFK89L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

One single pebble from Al-Aqsa is worth more than a billion Somalis put together
The Prophet contradicts your statement

Abdullah ibn Umar reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, circling the Ka’bah and saying, “How pure you are and how pure is your fragrance! How great you are and how great is your sanctity! By the one in whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, the sanctity of the believer is greater to Allah than your sanctity, in his wealth, his life, and to assume nothing of him but good.”

Source: Sunan Ibn Mājah 3932

عن عبد الله بن عمر قَالَ رَأَيْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَطُوفُ بِالْكَعْبَةِ وَيَقُولُ مَا أَطْيَبَكِ وَأَطْيَبَ رِيحَكِ مَا أَعْظَمَكِ وَأَعْظَمَ حُرْمَتَكِ وَالَّذِي نَفْسُ مُحَمَّدٍ بِيَدِهِ لَحُرْمَةُ الْمُؤْمِنِ أَعْظَمُ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ حُرْمَةً مِنْكِ مَالِهِ وَدَمِهِ وَأَنْ نَظُنَّ بِهِ إِلَّا خَيْرًا​

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
One ethnic group, one language, one religion and yet we can’t seem to get along or do anything productive. I chalk it up to IQ 68. The Palestinians on the other hand are the least obnoxious Arabs and are in that situation through no fault of their own. You should sympathize with them. All I want is peaceful coexistence between the hook nosed neighbours. The Jews are a very functional group and it could be beneficial for the Arabs to live so close to them.

One ethnic group, one language, one religion and yet we can’t seem to get along or do anything productive. I chalk it up to IQ 68. The Palestinians on the other hand are the least obnoxious Arabs and are in that situation through no fault of their own. You should sympathize with them. All I want is peaceful coexistence between the hook nosed neighbours. The Jews are a very functional group and it could be beneficial for the Arabs to live so close to them.
Didn't need to slander your own ethnicity

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
You are perpetuating a racist myth. 99% of somalis back home don't have political say in any decision.
Greed, corruption tunnel vision of the political class is what I’m talking about. You don’t think it’s a low IQ move to extend your presidency after everyone expected you to call an election? You don’t think it’s a low IQ move to then start destroying your own country in protest of this?

Greed, corruption tunnel vision of the political class is what I’m talking about. You don’t think it’s a low IQ move to extend your presidency after everyone expected you to call an election? You don’t think it’s a low IQ move to then start destroying your own country in protest of this?
I don't trust Somali politicians. None have been good to the country whatsoever. Inshallah when 1m1v comes our country can recuperate.

because they're mentally colonized by the Arabs. Arab issues are their main priority even though their black Muslim brothers and sisters are in much worse conditions.

because they're mentally colonized by the Arabs. Arab issues are their main priority even though their black Muslim brothers and sisters are in much worse conditions.
However the Al-Aqsa mosque is there. That's why I think there is outrage right now.

Xaruun

VIP
The Prophet contradicts your statement

Abdullah ibn Umar reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, circling the Ka’bah and saying, “How pure you are and how pure is your fragrance! How great you are and how great is your sanctity! By the one in whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, the sanctity of the believer is greater to Allah than your sanctity, in his wealth, his life, and to assume nothing of him but good.”

Source: Sunan Ibn Mājah 3932

عن عبد الله بن عمر قَالَ رَأَيْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَطُوفُ بِالْكَعْبَةِ وَيَقُولُ مَا أَطْيَبَكِ وَأَطْيَبَ رِيحَكِ مَا أَعْظَمَكِ وَأَعْظَمَ حُرْمَتَكِ وَالَّذِي نَفْسُ مُحَمَّدٍ بِيَدِهِ لَحُرْمَةُ الْمُؤْمِنِ أَعْظَمُ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ حُرْمَةً مِنْكِ مَالِهِ وَدَمِهِ وَأَنْ نَظُنَّ بِهِ إِلَّا خَيْرًا​
There’s no point in having a large and beautiful mosque if no Muslims are around to pray in it.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Arent They both Dir??
Yes they are. but you know how somalis are they all fight about the sams thing its called land. Their beef started in the 1980s when siad barre armed samaroon civilians to steal cisse and HA land. And after snm was created they took the land back. But samaroon was still killing cisse nomads. So cisse decided to join snm and they attacked samaroom from both sides. Till this day they both claim a historic city like zeila

We are not involved in this conflict and frankly have bigger things to worry about in our Somali territories. I have never heard a Palestinian say "I will die for Somalia" because they know to prioritize themselves.
i get where you’re coming from but i have never seen a somali say they would die for palestine looool

Trending