*trigger warning* Why are Somali diaspora so obsessed with Palestine?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I'm just shocked at the videos I've seen lately of Xalimo's crying about Palestine, Farax's saying "I will die for palestine." Where are these people when it comes to Somali issues? Where is the, "I will die for Somalia" energy?

The GDP for Palestine is 16billion with a population of 5 million
Somalia GDP= 917 million
Djbouti GDP= 3.325 Billion

They are in a better state financially than Somalia, Somaliland, and Djibouti. They're not dealing with wide spread famine and climate change the way we are.

I do sympathize with innocent Palestinian civilians caught in the crossfire, but let's not sit here and act like Palestinians are 100% fault less and Israel is completely bad. I still remember that politician in Somalia/Somaliland who was sacked for saying he supports the government having good relations with Israel.

We are not involved in this conflict and frankly have bigger things to worry about in our Somali territories. I have never heard a Palestinian say "I will die for Somalia" because they know to prioritize themselves.

its annoying me too walaahi. They are making me feel guilty about NOT supporting the Palestine. I use my brain. I do not follow the sheep. For once i want a muslim nation that is truly a Muslim and behaves like one. Maybe the Godless enemy will take a second look.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
I'm just shocked at the videos I've seen lately of Xalimo's crying about Palestine, Farax's saying "I will die for palestine." Where are these people when it comes to Somali issues? Where is the, "I will die for Somalia" energy?

Somalia GDP= 917 million

They are in a better state financially than Somalia, Somaliland, and Djibouti. They're not dealing with wide spread famine and climate change the way we are.

I do sympathize with innocent Palestinian civilians caught in the crossfire, but let's not sit here and act like Palestinians are 100% fault less and Israel is completely bad. I still remember that politician in Somalia/Somaliland who was sacked for saying he supports the government having good relations with Israel.

We are not involved in this conflict and frankly have bigger things to worry about in our Somali territories. I have never heard a Palestinian say "I will die for Somalia" because they know to prioritize themselves.
You won't find the answers to your questions on this platform, honestly looking at the comments here it didn't seem like there were genuine answers to begin with.

Somalis will instead dedicate that same amount of energy outside of their own causes and have vigorous endeavours to
raise awareness to other causes that are far by unrelated to Somali internal affairs , it always had been that way for a very long time, wether it was 900 Hijra the year where the ancestors of Samaale were exposed to Arab merchants and from there , the embracement of Islam
or the 16th century or today we can safely estimate and conclude that if a census/poll/referendum were conducted , 98% of Somalis would interpret that Islam and the Somali identity to be completely inseparable.
So to understand their notions futhermore we need to dive in a little deeper , if a Somali were to renounce the religion of his forefathers , that same religion his forefathers accepted centuries ago ,
it indicates that leaving the fold of Islam could also imply he have left the encirclement of Somalinimo altogether ,
this is according to what the majority had interpreted as.

This is why many here prioritise and focus on another direction , the plights of a random Chinese Muslim under CCP authoritarianism , a Kashmiri or what is currently happening to Palestinians than what had recently happened in Mogadishu , there are survivors , innocent civilians that caught up in the explosion this recent week
, old , women and as young as five heavily wounded in critical conditions.

but hey since that is not a priority and they do not see it as their problem
because we don't like each other , that's me being blunt about the situation.
what's happening elsewhere in this Ummah are too sacred especially the West Bank
That's what they'll likely say.

Remember as I mentioned earlier many will intertwine the two altogether , religion and ethnicity, so it's Islam first and Somali to the bottom of the list.
That's the total mindset they have today.

Totally illogical and inconclusive.

But what can I do , I am an individual and do not think what the majority perceive , I can't change their damn narratives.

Somalis would not bat an eye on their fellow countrymen , the plights they go through on a daily basis, the sufferings they endure , the unexplainable mass exodus of the young , old and crippled outside of Somalia for war torn Libya and many go to larger extents to risk their lives along with their families to the townships of South Africa and the likeliness of being another statistic written on The Cape Times headlines another Somali national murdered are inevitable because life back home is a constant living hell.
I mean you flee with your family with your lives barefooted all the way from Mogadishu and end up in a container store in Diepsloot , one the worst areas of the country a shithole that many of it's native residents find it too unbearing that either flee to Pretoria and Johannesburg
yet the displaced Somali refugees managed to establish in this dangerous shithole and find tranquility , obviously you would scratch your head and wonder why dangerous and tranquility are in one sentence.
Back home these people were shell shocked their entire lives facing traumatic stress, people that have seen nothing but war the past 30 years and view the lawlessness as something normal,
to the point death didn't faze them and the sounds of gunfire were less frightening becoming music to their ears since there was nothing entertaining ,until one fateful evening, or morning or noon, mortars landed in their homes , brought the conclusion their entire existence was a fucking dysfunction. Once stepping out of Somalia they sought to live Humans again.
Now
Imagine that and let that sink in , hope you understand why I put dangerous and tranquility.

So imagine out of all the places that's how bad Somalia is right now.

They don't care about anything Somali related don't let the fake nationalists and wadanis fool you , they're no different.

No one would stand up for Somalis right , our politicians are all useless , pathetic and good for nothing.

Aha , I have noticed one thing on this forum is that many would often debate and come into a visible agreement that Indians and Arabs are far by spineless human beings , but I beg to differ , many Somalis online or in real life fit into that category today ,
I even know some characters that are far by fitting into that description.

Last edited:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Somalis are the most tribalistic people on the planet. We brought our failures onto ourselves. I see through your agenda. Stop hiding behind fake wadanimo you filthy murtad. You think your kind are accepted back home?

Do not compare what we’re going through to what the Palestinians are. I can support more than one cause. However no cause is more just than the freedom and liberation of Al Aqsa from occupation.

f*ck Somali issues You ***** ethno nationalist scum may Allah destroy you and your country.
How come you only start caring about Somalia when people show support for palestine

Says the guy who has a man on his avatar that invited Ethiopian Christians to kill Muslim Somalis... you only care about Islam when it doesn't clash with your tribalism eh?

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP

Somalia GDP= 917 million

1620871503872.png

1620871527707.png

For a "country" with more 5 million inhabitants, Palestine's annual Salaries are slighty similar to Djibouti's.
1620871658884.png

1620871697317.png

(our lowest are somewhere between 200-300 euros a month.

We are "near" their Average Monthly earning (scoring 1400 USD).

For a "country" with a bigger population, better support from their so-called "Arab Brothers" and a giant diaspora in America and Europe,
Palestine ain't doing better than IOG's stronghold.

I don't intervene when topics are about who's suffering more than who,
but don't compare Jibooty lands to Palestine.

A random Lamagoodle in Djibouti is more productive than a "country" that doesn't even have a Constitution.

Keep in mind that Djibouti is under Dictatorship, with no natural resources (f*ck Danakil Desert),
and we are still developping.

Just because Faradheers in a can't have peace with their local tribes that you have to include Hibongo in this mess!

I don't care about anyone but HIBONGO!

Lmao, Fair enough.
They still have a slightly higher GDP per capita but Djibouti is pretty close.
Even then, Shoutout to Djibouti!

So how many Somali families are you going to feed for tomorrow's eid festivities?

I'm very doubtful that you're ever made a single positive contribution to anyone, much less a Somali. If you have nothing nice to say then it's best to remain quiet.

FEED?

You give a man a fish, he eats for a day. You teach a man to fish and give him the supplies to do so, he eats as long as he is abled. You don't just donate to a country, but you invest in systems where people can support themselves.

Somalia has 5.37 billion in GDP, the number you listed probably was the one from 1991. Currently Somalia has the position 39/54 on african GDP. The first being nigeria with 466 billion in GDP.

Somalia has 5.37 billion in GDP, the number you listed probably was the one from 1991. Currently Somalia has the lowest the position 39/54 on african GDP. The first being nigeria with 466 billion in GDP.

yeah you're right, it was the 1990 gdp. I didn't realize it wasn't recent.

View attachment 184630

View attachment 184631

For a "country" with more 5 million inhabitants, Palestine's annual Salaries are slighty similar to Djibouti's.
View attachment 184632
View attachment 184633
(our lowest are somewhere between 200-300 euros a month.

We are "near" their Average Monthly earning (scoring 1400 USD).

For a "country" with a bigger population, better support from their so-called "Arab Brothers" and a giant diaspora in America and Europe,
Palestine ain't doing better than IOG's stronghold.

I don't intervene when topics are about who's suffering more than who,
but don't compare Jibooty lands to Palestine.

A random Lamagoodle in Djibouti is more productive than a "country" that doesn't even have a Constitution.

Keep in mind that Djibouti is under Dictatorship, with no natural resources (f*ck Danakil Desert),
and we are still developping.

Just because Faradheers in somalia can't have peace with their local tribes that you have to include Hibongo in this mess!

I don't care about anyone but HIBONGO!
Djibouti needs to take over Awdal, they could transform the region 100X better then Somalia can. They also have full support of US and China due to military bases.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Djibouti needs to take over Awdal, they could transform the region 100X better then Somalia can. They also have full support of US and China due to military bases.
The reason that will not work is because gadabuursi and cisse dont like eachother. And gadabuursi and cisse had conflicts about land before. Espacially the city called zeila

Last edited:

Somalia GDP= 917 million

damn damn damn

the people being wronged out there ... are you not a human being and not feel for them?
did you forget that Al Aqsa is the third holiest place after Makkah and medina?

yes we as Somalis should support all Muslim countries that are struggling.