Treaty of Umar r.a

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
@486th President "MuZL1ms do OpPR3ssI0n!"

meanwhile Christians after Umar r.a force converting Muslims.
Forced conversions of Muslims in Spain - Wikipedia

• Prohibition against building new churches, places of worship, monasteries, monks or a new cell. (Hence it was also forbidden to build new synagogues. It is known that new synagogues were only built after the occupation of Islam, for example in Jerusalem and Ramle. A similar law, prohibiting the build of new synagogues, existed in the Byzantines, and was therefore not new for all Jews. It was new for the Christians.)
  • Prohibition against rebuilding destroyed churches, by day or night, in their own neighbourhoods or those situated in the quarters of the Muslims.
  • The worship places of non-Muslims must be lower in elevation than the lowest mosque in town.
I disagree with all of this but that doesn’t make me a non Muslim I love my religion why is that so hard for you guys to see

@Revolutionary read the thing and thing about it from a different view and that Muslims were the ones having this done to them
To be honest i do not see the point in having it for Somalia at all, we are 99.9% Muslim and i think it was for places that have a high gaal population and I personally believe in conversations through lectures behind close doors or not for any of the gaal ones to bring them back into islam, i also do not support any immigration besides tourism and support high birth rates to increase future production

But if we were a country with a high non muslim population for example 15%, i agree with most of what the thing says let us coexist however i still believe in the conversion so that the hypothetical 15% turns into a 0%

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
yall love debating but barely pray I’m finna go pray duhur with the fam @Chunks you fat neek go pray instead of eating donuts
I eat the wheat grown by the motherland Deutsche Demokratische Republik.

I do not indulge in capitalist goods such as Do-Nuts:ohhhdamn:.

Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt Euch! ✊

Look at this beauty. Somalia needs to do this. If we allow gaals in our country, might as well implement this quruux article. I highlighted my favorite parts
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Look at this!!!!
"Obligation to show deference toward Muslims. If a Muslim wishes to sit, non-Muslim should be rise from his seats and let the Muslim sit."

Let's do this but with a twist. We cannot allow churches in our countries, we were always a muslim country. That only applies to shared land. But if you want to come into our muslim country then you must follow our laws. Intaas. We need to treat them like shit the way we are treated in their countries:ahh::friendhug::fittytousand:

What is your source by the way? There are versions of this treaty and that one of yours sounds like it has been forged. Here is another version that is way more authentic than what you have put up:

"In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate. This is the assurance of safety which the servant of God, Umar, the Commander of the Faithful, has given to the people of Jerusalem. He has given them an assurance of safety for themselves for their property, their churches, their crosses, the sick and healthy of the city and for all the rituals which belong to their religion. Their churches will not be inhabited by Muslims and will not be destroyed. Neither they, nor the land on which they stand, nor their cross, nor their property will be damaged. They will not be forcibly converted. No Jew will live with them in Jerusalem.

The people of Jerusalem must pay the taxes like the people of other cities and must expel the Byzantines and the robbers. Those of the people of Jerusalem who want to leave with the Byzantines, take their property and abandon their churches and crosses will be safe until they reach their place of refuge. The villagers may remain in the city if they wish but must pay taxes like the citizens. Those who wish may go with the Byzantines and those who wish may return to their families. Nothing is to be taken from them before their harvest is reaped.

If they pay their taxes according to their obligations, then the conditions laid out in this letter are under the covenant of God, are the responsibility of His Prophet, of the caliphs and of the faithful."
https://www.islamicity.org/11511/capture-of-jerusalem-the-treaty-of-umar/

Even the authenticity of the jewish part mentioned in the treaty is debatable. I noticed that the version you gave is used by many who are trying to spread misinformation about islam and you are somehow aiding them with your post. People of other faith have coexisted with muslims since the time of our prophet and many of them have enjoyed full rights. The great tolerance towards people of other faith is also what led to the golden age. Treating them shit is not a characteristics of the prophet pbuh nor his companion and is unfortunate how some muslims think that this will somehow honor our religion.:snoop:

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
What is your source by the way? There are versions of this treaty and that one of yours sounds like it has been forged. Here is another version that is way more authentic than what you have put up:

"In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate. This is the assurance of safety which the servant of God, Umar, the Commander of the Faithful, has given to the people of Jerusalem. He has given them an assurance of safety for themselves for their property, their churches, their crosses, the sick and healthy of the city and for all the rituals which belong to their religion. Their churches will not be inhabited by Muslims and will not be destroyed. Neither they, nor the land on which they stand, nor their cross, nor their property will be damaged. They will not be forcibly converted. No Jew will live with them in Jerusalem.

The people of Jerusalem must pay the taxes like the people of other cities and must expel the Byzantines and the robbers. Those of the people of Jerusalem who want to leave with the Byzantines, take their property and abandon their churches and crosses will be safe until they reach their place of refuge. The villagers may remain in the city if they wish but must pay taxes like the citizens. Those who wish may go with the Byzantines and those who wish may return to their families. Nothing is to be taken from them before their harvest is reaped.

If they pay their taxes according to their obligations, then the conditions laid out in this letter are under the covenant of God, are the responsibility of His Prophet, of the caliphs and of the faithful."
https://www.islamicity.org/11511/capture-of-jerusalem-the-treaty-of-umar/

Even the authenticity of the jewish part mentioned in the treaty is debatable. I noticed that the version you gave is used by many who are trying to spread misinformation about islam and you are somehow aiding them with your post. People of other faith have coexisted with muslims since the time of our prophet and many of them have enjoyed full rights. The great tolerance towards people of other faith is also what led to the golden age. Treating them shit is not a characteristics of the prophet pbuh nor his companion and is unfortunate how some muslims think that this will somehow honor our religion.:snoop:
Your link doesn't work and there is nothing wrong with this post nor was anyone mistreated.
@486th President walal don't forget that they were granted automatic protection by the muslims. If they failed to follow the rules then the protection was broken. Its called a treaty for a reason.
After the rapid expansion of the Muslim dominion in the 7th century, Muslims leaders were required to work out a way of dealing with Non-Muslims, who remained in the majority in many areas for centuries. The solution was to develop the notion of the "dhimma", or "protected person". The Dhimmi were required to pay an extra tax, but usually they were unmolested. This compares well with the treatment meted out to non-Christians in Christian Europe. The Pact of Umar is supposed to have been the peace accord offered by the Caliph Umar to the Christians of Syria, a "pact" which formed the patter of later interaction.

We heard from 'Abd al-Rahman ibn Ghanam [died 78/697] as follows: When Umar ibn al-Khattab, may God be pleased with him, accorded a peace to the Christians of Syria, we wrote to him as follows:

In the name of God, the Merciful and Compassionate. This is a letter to the servant of God Umar [ibn al-Khattab], Commander of the Faithful, from the Christians of such-and-such a city. When you came against us, we asked you for safe-conduct (aman) for ourselves, our descendants, our property, and the people of our community, and we undertook the following obligations toward you:

We shall not build, in our cities or in their neighborhood, new monasteries, Churches, convents, or monks' cells, nor shall we repair, by day or by night, such of them as fall in ruins or are situated in the quarters of the Muslims.

We shall keep our gates wide open for passersby and travelers. We shall give board and lodging to all Muslims who pass our way for three days.

We shall not give shelter in our churches or in our dwellings to any spy, nor bide him from the Muslims.

We shall not teach the Qur'an to our children.

We shall not manifest our religion publicly nor convert anyone to it. We shall not prevent any of our kin from entering Islam if they wish it.

We shall show respect toward the Muslims, and we shall rise from our seats when they wish to sit.

We shall not seek to resemble the Muslims by imitating any of their garments, the qalansuwa, the turban, footwear, or the parting of the hair. We shall not speak as they do, nor shall we adopt their kunyas.

We shall not mount on saddles, nor shall we gird swords nor bear any kind of arms nor carry them on our- persons.

We shall not engrave Arabic inscriptions on our seals.

We shall not sell fermented drinks.

We shall clip the fronts of our heads.

We shall always dress in the same way wherever we may be, and we shall bind the zunar round our waists

We shall not display our crosses or our books in the roads or markets of the Muslims. We shall use only clappers in our churches very softly. We shall not raise our voices when following our dead. We shall not show lights on any of the roads of the Muslims or in their markets. We shall not bury our dead near the Muslims.

We shall not take slaves who have beenallotted to Muslims.

We shall not build houses overtopping the houses of the Muslims.

(When I brought the letter to Umar, may God be pleased with him, he added, "We shall not strike a Muslim.")

We accept these conditions for ourselves and for the people of our community, and in return we receive safe-conduct.

If we in any way violate these undertakings for which we ourselves stand surety, we forfeit our covenant [dhimma], and we become liable to the penalties for contumacy and sedition.

Umar ibn al-Khittab replied: Sign what they ask, but add two clauses and impose them in addition to those which they have undertaken. They are: "They shall not buy anyone made prisoner by the Muslims," and "Whoever strikes a Muslim with deliberate intent shall forfeit the protection of this pact."

from Al-Turtushi, Siraj al-Muluk, pp. 229-230.

Trending