Traditional men.

I saw this statement and was reminded of @Win's thread. What do you think? Does it ring true?

'The traditional man wants a woman to be subservient, but he never falls in love with subservient women. He’s attracted to independent women. He’s like an ‘exotic bird collector.’ He only wants a woman who is free because his dream is to put her in a cage.’ - Patricia Noah

I can't help but feel that this statement accurately describes a good portion of self proclaimed traditional men, especially on sspot.

Doesn't describe me at all. I am not attracted to independent women and would not like to make them subservient to me. I just want to build a family with a loving and obedient wife.

A lot of people have this misconception that an obedient wife lacks personality. Aisha(RA) has a very interesting personality and was very obedient towards the prophet.

I plan to fulfill the rights my wife has over me and I also want one that fulfills my rights. I'm sort of a romantic😅 so I love reading about the relationship the prophet had with his wives. I would love to have that as well. May Allah bless me with a great wife and may we both love each other:lawd:

those men are not proper traditional men otherwise they would build a family with traditional women

Who is proper then when men routinely talk about getting with young women for the simple fact that they are easily manipulated and moulded? I've heard men have issues with educated women as they tend to have a mind of their own.

Also, i've noticed a lot of self proclaimed traditional men have a lot of energy for women they feel don't fit the mould.

Last edited:
Nope not at all, the problem with this is that unlike the vast majority of women here the men on this forum have an million different opinions on certain things, generalizing them would be crazy talk, the quote you provided makes it seem as if we want to strip you people of your rights, however this is all in your head, as specific words mean different depending on the people and their experiences

This below puts it perfectly

The religion gives rules to the husbands to be kind and gentle with their wives. They must also provide and protect them. The religion also gives rules to the wives and they are expected to be submissive and obedient. She must obey her husband and respect him. Take care of her husband's and children's needs. There are obviously more rules but these are the main ones.

Last edited:
Doesn't describe me at all. I am not attracted to independent women and would not like to make them subservient to me. I just want to build a family with a loving and obedient wife.

A lot of people have this misconception that an obedient wife lacks personality. Aisha(RA) has a very interesting personality and was very obedient towards the prophet.

I plan to fulfill the rights my wife has over me and I also want one that fulfills my rights. I'm sort of a romantic😅 so I love reading about the relationship the prophet had with his wives. I would love to have that as well. May Allah bless me with a great wife and may we both love each other:lawd:

What is wrong with independence? Yes, i think a lot of independent women scream about their independence at the top of their lungs, but their hyper independence is merely a trauma response and not a healthy sort of independence every human should possess.

I think as a man, being with a woman and also having a daughter that is too dependent on you is worrying. What becomes of them if you're not around? Its a dog eat dog world and everyone needs to be able to stand on their two feet. Those sort of women become easy prey for men.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I saw this statement and was reminded of @Win's thread. What do you think? Does it ring true?

'The traditional man wants a woman to be subservient, but he never falls in love with subservient women. He’s attracted to independent women. He’s like an ‘exotic bird collector.’ He only wants a woman who is free because his dream is to put her in a cage.’ - Patricia Noah

I can't help but feel that this statement accurately describes a good portion of self proclaimed traditional men, especially on sspot.

Angela

So u want a husband who will contribute 50/50? Both of u have jobs. Both of u raise the children?

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Please stop making these threads its always addressing problems for some thing but it's the same topic for the 5th time in the last 3 days
download (1).jpeg

Who is proper then when men routinely talk about getting with young women for the simple fact that they easily manipulated and moulded? I've heard men have issues with educated women as they tend to have a mind of their own.

Also, i've noticed a lot of self proclaimed traditional men have a lot of energy for women they feel don't fit the mould.
I say men should go with the women that fit their standards. If you are a high quality man, then it is more likely for you to find a woman that's your type.

Men shouldn't waste their time on women that don't live up to their standards. If a woman ain't your type then don't waste your time and her time. That's all I have to say on this.

Textbook case of gaslighting. No, it is not "all in her head." Her concerns are just as valid as anyone else's.

I agree with @Angelina, there are a PLETHORA of submissive, doormat, timid women who will do anything for you (and by anything, I mean anything) yet you do not want them? You spend copious amounts of energy and time attacking self-sufficent and independent women, and are obsessed with trying to force her to be what you want. All we are saying is, leave us "feminazis" alone. Na dhaafa. But you won't. Why is that?
There you go lumping the word submissive with your own understanding of the word that is not what me, or some others that use the term have in mind whatsoever. We need to get into the root of the problem, and the problem is that not only you but the xalimos here would like everyone to know that what we mean by it is wanting a wife that we could walk on, abuse, ect however this is far from it, it is generally someone who dutiful to their husband and respects them, this does not mean that she has no say in anything, or that she does cannot voice her own opinions and be an individual, and in turn we men are to be respectful and caring and gentle towards them

The problem lies with the almost subconscious perception of the idea itself

Textbook case of gaslighting. No, it is not "all in her head." Her concerns are just as valid as anyone else's.

I agree with @Angelina, there are a PLETHORA of submissive, doormat, timid women who will do anything for you (and by anything, I mean anything) yet you do not want them. You spend copious amounts of time and energy attacking self-sufficent and independent women, and are obsessed with trying to force them to be what you want. All we are saying is, leave us "feminazis" alone. Na dhaafa. But you won't. Why is that?
I fail to see how @Revolutionary spends copious amounts of time and energy attacking self-sufficent and independent women, and are obsessed with trying to force them to be what you want.

I have never seen him attacking those type of "independent women" he just simply stated that he wasn't interested in them. At least that's what I saw.

I say men should go with the women that fit their standards. If you are a high quality man, then it is more likely for you to find a woman that's your type.

Men shouldn't waste their time on women that don't live up to their standards. If a woman ain't your type then don't waste your time and her time. That's all I have to say on this.
So essentially no valid input.
Should've just stayed quite because it's very obvious women will look for men that compliment them and vice versa.

I agree with @Angelina, there are a PLETHORA of submissive, doormat, timid women who will do anything for you (and by anything, I mean anything) yet you do not want them. You spend copious amounts of time and energy attacking self-sufficent and independent women, and are obsessed with trying to force them to be what you want. All we are saying is, leave us "feminazis" alone. Na dhaafa. But you won't. Why is that?
I forgot to mention this, in terms of attacking the "self sufficient independent women" i care not for them, there are plenty of men that would want that sort of female, and for them i wish them luck :samwelcome:

There you go lumping the word submissive with your own understanding of the word that is not what me, or some others that use the term have in mind whatsoever. We need to get into the root of the problem, and the problem is that not only you but the xalimos here would like everyone to know that what we mean by it is wanting a wife that we could walk on, abuse, ect however this is far from it, it is generally someone who dutiful to their husband and respects them, this does not mean that she has no say in anything, or that she does cannot voice her own opinions and be an individual, and in turn we men are to be respectful and caring and gentle towards them

The problem lies with the almost subconscious perception of the idea itself
Something they fail to understand man🤨

Nope not at all, the problem with this is that unlike the vast majority of women here the men on this forum have an million different opinions on certain things, generalizing them would be crazy talk, the quote you provided makes it seem as if we want to strip you people of your rights, however this is all in your head, as specific words mean different depending on the people and their experiences @Factz puts it perfectly

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting a wife that listens to you. But you demean yourself when you think that the only women who think you're worth listening to are ones that are either too young to think for themselves or ones that are too mentally abused to exercise autonomy. It's why men here routinely talk about teenage girls, or women with no money, and women with no formal education. Basically, women who will be unfortunately trapped, even if they were getting punched up.

Surely, you should want your wife to listen to you because you're a leader, a man she trusts to guide and steer the family in the right direction. The best leaders are those that listen to the advice of those in their team and take their thoughts and ideas on board.

Simple fact is, in healthy marriages couples don't argue about obedience as the base of their relationship is built on mutual love and respect.