tomorrow is eiid saturday 23 may 2020 in somalia and kenya

Will you follow Somalia & celebrate Eid on Saturday?

• Total voters

Awdalia Rising

SSpot Special Correspondent
Most places in Middle East said the moon hasn’t been sighted and eid will be on Sunday then but we should get a clear answer soon. Saudi Arabia is saying Sunday too. Maybe failed states and bantus want their own day lol

ibn Yahya Al-Sooli

Anti-Qabiilism & Anti-Nationalism
Most places in Middle East said the moon hasn’t been sighted and eid will be on Sunday then but we should get a clear answer soon. Saudi Arabia is saying Sunday too. Maybe failed states and bantus want their own day lol
Saudi scholars follow the position of global moon sighting so for them to celebrate Eid on Sunday if someone has seen the moon Friday night is impossible. Only reason I can think why they would celebrate Eid on Sunday if somalis claim to have seen it Friday night is that Saudis simply don’t trust that somalis actually saw it. They probably only take the knowledge from reputable and respectable countries with telescopes and astronomers

Awdalia Rising

Saudi scholars follow the position of global moon sighting so for them to celebrate Eid on Sunday if someone has seen the moon Friday night is impossible. Only reason I can think why they would celebrate Eid on Sunday if somalis claim to have seen it Friday night is that Saudis simply don’t trust that somalis actually saw it. They probably only take the knowledge from reputable and respectable countries with telescopes and astronomers

its not possible for us to see different moons lol we see the same moon.
“Bottom line: The whole Earth sees the same moonphase on the same day, but the Northern and Southern Hemispheres see the moon oriented differently with respect to the horizon. The moon itself shifts its orientation with respect to your horizon as it moves across your sky.Jan 25, 2019”

us in the west get the moon sighting news last because majority of the world already seen it. It’s not possible for Somalia and the Middle East to be seeing two different moon phases

ibn Yahya Al-Sooli

Anti-Qabiilism & Anti-Nationalism
its not possible for us to see different moons lol we see the same moon.
“Bottom line: The whole Earth sees the same moonphase on the same day, but the Northern and Southern Hemispheres see the moon oriented differently with respect to the horizon. The moon itself shifts its orientation with respect to your horizon as it moves across your sky.Jan 25, 2019”

us in the west get the moon sighting news last because majority of the world already seen it. It’s not possible for Somalia and the Middle East to be seeing two different moon phases
Bro I don’t disagree with anything you said. I don’t know what on earth in my message made you think you needed to clarify this
:what1:
I don’t need a grade 8 astronomy lesson on moon phases my brother I’m good but Jazakallah for sharing

sh umal said tomorrow is eiid and all the coast of kenya mombasa and mandera saw the moon and also somalia in the region of bay they saw the moon of shawal

Awdalia Rising

Bro I don’t disagree with anything you said. I don’t know what on earth in my message made you think you needed to clarify this
:what1:
I don’t need a grade 8 astronomy lesson on moon phases my brother I’m good but Jazakallah for sharing

I shared that info because of the bit you wrote about Saudis trusting Somalis lol. Somalis are not saying eid is on Saturday despite the claims of the government. They went on the word of 8 random people lol. Them trusting or not trusting Somalis is irrelevant. Nobody saw the moon which means you will fast for a 30th day and that’s it. That’s all there is to it that’s why I mentioned moon phase. Nobody has to trust the word of anybody just look up at the sky lol

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Reminds me off those pakis who follow Pakistan. Somalia is evolving :dead: :damn:

Awdalia Rising

sh umal said tomorrow is eiid and all the coast of kenya mombasa and mandera saw the moon and also somalia in the region of bay they saw the moon of shawal

its fake news nigga bay region and Kenyans don’t get an exclusive moon to look at from the rest of us. They were mistaken and their medias ran with the story so now here we are

its fake news nigga bay region and Kenyans don’t get an exclusive moon to look at from the rest of us. They were mistaken and their medias ran with the story so now here we are
its your choice bro the moon has been seen in different location in somalia kenya and senegal you think only saufi arabia can announce the eiid or that these countries are less of a muslim

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The last eid was like this too. I remembered the last time I spent eid in somalia. night time was walking through the suuq and I hear random people screaming "alla waa ciid!!" and everyonejust went along.

But that night the sky was clear and you could clearly see the moon and the waning crescent without a telescope. Even the random crackheads could declare it and everyone would trust him.

My family's celebrating ciid tomorrow. Nothing wrong with calling ciid without the use of advanced 21st century equipment when the asxaabs did it the same way as us.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Tonight will be a fairly clear sky. It's not hard to call a new month, a new moon signifies the end of the month, a small crescent signifies the beginning. So all you deen to see is a sliver of white on the left side of the moon to confirm for yourself. If the moon is completely dark then it is the last night of Ramadan, if you see any white on the left it is the first night of shawal.

Literally no need for giant telescopes unless it's a VERY cloudy night. People have been following the lunar calendar for thousands of years without the need of all these super computers.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Somalis are also trying to use this as an opportunity to be more independant. Tell me how they're saying

"intaas oo sanadood aan maqlijirney bal caawa ana maqlaan. Bal car ana raaceen, yee isku maleeyaan" :deadmanny: :deadmanny:

Trending

Latest posts