Told her I was from Harar

Yeah it is a Waqooyi way of saying it. When I went to Hargeisa for the first time I was taken by surprise I they pronounce certain words. They usually shorten words and use DH alot

I didn't know wallee was synonymous to wallahi at all. I thought it was more in line with 'illeen'. Not entirely interchangeable, but somewhat in that direction.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
What a xayawaan. I'm getting sick of this self-hater, with his anti-Somali and pro-Ethiopian threads and comments. What a c*nt naccas.

Now, I dont like to talk about my private life....but, i will say, living in a global city, London, I've been with women from all over the world. I too have dated a Filipina aswell as Lebanese, polish, vietnamese, and Irish women, and I'm married to a Creole Portuguese woman of Cape Verde origin. Being Somali and from Somalia, has never stopped me from being with those women.

Wallahi, the people on this forum, never fail to amaze me.

Yeah it is a Waqooyi way of saying it. When I went to Hargeisa for the first time I was taken by surprise I they pronounce certain words. They usually shorten words and use DH alot

I use it when I'm going for a dramatic effect. Few years ago I also noticed myself adding random wah and dee into my sentences.
Dee meesha ka kac wah!:ftw9nwa: I think I have a basic Somali accent.

What a xayawaan. I'm getting sick of this self-hater, with his anti-Somali and pro-Ethiopian threads and comments. What a c*nt naccas.

Now, I dont like to talk about my private life....but, i will say, living in a global city, London, I've been with women from all over the world. I too have dated a Filipina aswell as Lebanese, polish, vietnamese, and Irish women, and I'm married to a Portuguese woman of Cape Verde origin. Being Somali and from Somalia, has never stopped me from being with those women.

"I'm gobsmacked.":icon lol:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP

Now, I dont like to talk about my private life....but, i will say, living in a global city, London, I've been with women from all over the world. I too have dated a Filipina aswell as Lebanese, polish, vietnamese, and Irish women, and I'm married to a Creole Portuguese woman of Cape Verde origin. Being Somali and from Somalia, has never stopped me from being with those women.

I never said claiming different ethnic gets you siiil faster sxb you don't have to believe me am one of most proudest Somalis here you guys are fake nationalists

U having dated those women doesn't really mean much and isn't an achievement lol. When I talk to girls they just find it interesting if I say I'm from Ethio-Somali and I keep the convo going.

"polish" :nahgirl:

Your subconsciously become reer waqooyi:dabcasar:

Perhaps I was reer waqooyi all along.:hemad:

Jk, I really like their accent. At times I even watch riwaayad in their dialect without understanding anything. It is quite entertaining.

The words I can remember once someone tells me but they speak so fast. I have a neighbor who is one, I'm ashamed to say I dont understand her. Sometimes I pretend I do.:mjlaugh:

Sorry @CaliTedesse for taking over the thread

I dont see the need to claim anything beside somali. If someone cant appreciate you for who you are then I dont think they deserve your attention.

What happens once they find out? Do you just "break up"?

What the point? You will slip up one day and they will find out. You go to a restaurant with them and also ask for moos.
:drakelaugh:
If someone can’t accept where you are from. Fook em you don’t need them at all.

Apollo

VIP

I'm going to troll somebody in real life next time they ask for where I am from and I will say Puntland and see the reaction. I will pretend like it is a real country.

Walle was talking to this Phillipine girl. At first I thought she was Latina only to tell she she's Filipino . She was very curious to where I was from. As I look like a noble Afro-Arab. Told her I was from Ethiopia. She was so happy when I said that. To my surprise she visited Ethiopia and Gondar areas. Waan naxay normally you don't find people who went to Ethiopia out here. Weliba Filipino imagine they come all the way from East Asia to see the great country of Ethiopia. That tells you a lot. She looked so happy meeting me. She really loved the country of Ethiopia for its food scenery and historical legacy. Told her I was from Harar. Walle I felt so good. I was thinking how that conversation would have went if I told her I was from Somalia. God forbid I don't even want to think about it. Sometimes I say Djibouti and some say "where is that." (It's better to be from not so known country than failed state) I answer "next to Ethiopia" and they understand.

Do you always tell truth about.your background.

One time told this Carribbean guy I was Ethiopian he kept talking about history of Ethiopia and praising me. Walle that felt good too.

Yeah I always tell the truth. The only one time I regreted it is when a west African told me I should claim ancient Egypt and started a monologue in the bus. 20 minutes before reaching my destination . :mjcry:

Yeah I always tell the truth. The only one time I regreted it is when a west African told me I should claim ancient Egypt and started a monologue in the bus. 20 minutes before reaching my destination . :mjcry:
Lol. I can imagine the conversation.
Him: yeah didn’t Iman dress up as a Egyptian Queen in that Michael Jackson video. You are Somali too what’s stopping you?

Trending