tired of seeing salafi al shabab stuff on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
The ruling concerning this returns to the issue of whether the dead are able to hear in their graves. There is a legitimate difference of opinion between the Companions and classical scholars on this issue, with many – such as Imams Ibn Abd al-Barr, Ibn Jarir al-Tabari, Ibn Qutayba and Ibn Kathir (Allah have mercy on them) – affirming the hearing (sima’) of the dead, and this is also the position of the Companion Abdullah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him).

Among the proofs supporting this position is the Hadith narrated by Anas ibn Malik (Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “Verily when the servant is put in his grave, and his companions turn away from him, he hears the noise of their sandals.” (Sahih Muslim)

Secondly, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and grant him peace) addressed the disbelievers from the dead of Badr saying, “We have found true what our Lord promised us, did you find true what your Lord promised you?” Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, “O Messenger of Allah! You are speaking to bodies that have no souls?” The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and grant him peace) replied, “You do not hear better [than them] to what I say to them, except that they are unable to reply.” (Bukhari and Muslim)

Thirdly, the great exegete (mufassir) Imam Ibn Kathir (Allah have mercy on him), under the commentary of Surah al-Rum (3:438), relates a Hadith from Imam Ibn Abd al-Barr, who authenticated it, from Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him), from the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and grant him peace) that, “None passes by the grave of his Muslim brother that he knew in the world and greets him except Allah restores his soul to him and he returns the greeting to him.” (Tafsir Ibn Kathir)

On the other hand, the position of Sayyida A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) and a group of scholars is that the dead do not hear, using as proof the statement of Allah Most High, “Truly you cannot cause the dead to listen.” (Qur’an 27:80)

As such, in accordance with the position that the dead can hear in their graves, it would be permitted to request the deceased for Du’a and intercession at his grave. Conversely, in accordance with the position that the dead are unable to hear in their graves, it would not be permitted. Since, this is a matter of genuine scholarly difference, no one position should be considered as absolute and decisive. It is possible that Allah Most High makes the dead in the grave hear a speech out of His Infinite Power, and Allah knows best.

http://www.ilmgate.org/various-forms-of-tawassul-istighatha-and-their-rulings/

I am not disputing the hearing, I am saying; 1. we do not need to ask for people to intercede on our behalf, thats what gaalo do when they go to their priests/pastors. We Muslims always have a one on one connection with Allah.

2, a dead person does not make dua, their time is up and test finished. The only hasanaat they get is from charities or some other investments like that in their name that continue on after their death.

3. Visiting graves is fine but it leads to a slippery slope of bidcah, like u mentioned making dua to a dead person, which in a few generations will become praying to a statue of that dead person.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Have you ever seen in the Quran where Allah is said to be sitting? To deny an attribute of God, it has to exist first somewhere in the Quran and Sunnah. Same way that To clear someone of a false charge, the charge/accusation has to exist before hand. I am curious where you saw in Islam that Allah is sitting?

Provide the evidence in some book starting with the Quran then let me read please.

"Surely your Lord is Allah, who created the Heavens and the Earth in six days, then sat on the Throne, governing (His creation). There is no intercessor except by His permission. That is Allah, your Lord, so worship Him. Will you not remember?" (Younus, 10: 3).

For clarification, Salafis commonly reject metaphorical interpretations of the Qu'ran, so an ayat like that would be taken literally. However, they also believe that nothing else in this dunya can compare with the likes of Allah (SWT). They accept that Allah (SWT) apparently has these characteristics but they don't speculate as to what they look like exactly.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
I'm going to re-post something I added to another thread since this topic also relates to it:

The goal of Salafism is to adhere to the example of the Salafs or the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and his companions (RA), their successors, and the successors of the successors, while rejecting all other sources of influence. It's an Islamic revivalist movement intended to emulate the early Muslim generations. Modern jihadism is an extremist form of Salafism that intends to overthrow supposedly apostate regimes in the Muslim world through violent holy wars. Anyone can be a Salafi, as Salafism means very different things to different people. The term “Salafism” is often associated with terrorism and violence in media discourse, both in the West and in the Muslim world, particularly since the 9/11 terrorist attacks. This is very unfortunate as many Salafis reject such acts of violence and often insist on not being associated with the perpetrators of these attacks by rejecting the latter as worthy of the label of “Salafis.” So not all Salafis even agree that jihadists can be called Salafis. “Salafi," referring as it does to what is believed to be the best generations of Islam, has come to acquire an aura of religious authority. It is, in other words, a term that gives the impression of purity and authenticity to its bearers, thereby making it a desired label to apply to oneself.

The Salafi origins can said to have been traced to the 8th-9th century as a movement of hadith scholars who considered the Quran and authentic hadith to be the only authority in matters of law and creed and said that, in the absence of the Prophet (SAW), the large number of traditions ascribed to Muhammad were a better, purer, and more authentic source of what Muslims should or should not do than the opinions of the scholars. While contempary Muslim of the time strived to live pious lives according to the rules of their respective madhab, which truly value and greatly appreciate the Qurʾān and the Sunna but combine them with other sources of law, the hadith scholars focused entirely on these two texts at the expense of almost everything else in the legal sphere.

The Wahhabi movement, the prominent source of inspiration for modern-day Salafism, started through a pact between Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab and the tribal leader Muḥammad ibn Saud. Wahhabi scholars advocated for a return to the pious predecessors, the Salaf, as other scholars had done in the Islamic sphere. Most of their ideology focused on cleansing Islam from deviant influences that it had acquired throughout the centuries. Wahhabi scholars sought to restore the purity of Islam under the guidance of the Saudi rulers. Attempts to return Islam to the purity of the Salaf—legally, theologically, or sometimes both—have been part of Islam for centuries. The only thing truly special about Wahhabism is that it gave actual Salafi scholars and adherents a territorial base in Saudi Arabia that has lasted until today.

Salafism is not homogeneous as the only thing that unites self-proclaimed Salafis is the desire to emulate the pious predecessors, which means very different things to different people. Often times however, they reject the excessive spiritualism associated with Sufism, the deviant doctrines of the medieval rationalist Muʿtazila movement, and the supposedly compromised and sullied message of the Sunni Ashʿari/Al-Maturidi theology.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
I'm going to re-post something I added to another thread since this topic also relates to it:

The goal of Salafism is to adhere to the example of the Salafs or the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and his companions (RA), their successors, and the successors of the successors, while rejecting all other sources of influence. It's an Islamic revivalist movement intended to emulate the early Muslim generations. Modern jihadism is an extremist form of Salafism that intends to overthrow supposedly apostate regimes in the Muslim world through violent holy wars. Anyone can be a Salafi, as Salafism means very different things to different people. The term “Salafism” is often associated with terrorism and violence in media discourse, both in the West and in the Muslim world, particularly since the 9/11 terrorist attacks. This is very unfortunate as many Salafis reject such acts of violence and often insist on not being associated with the perpetrators of these attacks by rejecting the latter as worthy of the label of “Salafis.” So not all Salafis even agree that jihadists can be called Salafis. “Salafi," referring as it does to what is believed to be the best generations of Islam, has come to acquire an aura of religious authority. It is, in other words, a term that gives the impression of purity and authenticity to its bearers, thereby making it a desired label to apply to oneself.

The Salafi origins can said to have been traced to the 8th-9th century as a movement of hadith scholars who considered the Quran and authentic hadith to be the only authority in matters of law and creed and said that, in the absence of the Prophet (SAW), the large number of traditions ascribed to Muhammad were a better, purer, and more authentic source of what Muslims should or should not do than the opinions of the scholars. While contempary Muslim of the time strived to live pious lives according to the rules of their respective madhab, which truly value and greatly appreciate the Qurʾān and the Sunna but combine them with other sources of law, the hadith scholars focused entirely on these two texts at the expense of almost everything else in the legal sphere.

The Wahhabi movement, the prominent source of inspiration for modern-day Salafism, started through a pact between Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab and the tribal leader Muḥammad ibn Saud. Wahhabi scholars advocated for a return to the pious predecessors, the Salaf, as other scholars had done in the Islamic sphere. Most of their ideology focused on cleansing Islam from deviant influences that it had acquired throughout the centuries. Wahhabi scholars sought to restore the purity of Islam under the guidance of the Saudi rulers. Attempts to return Islam to the purity of the Salaf—legally, theologically, or sometimes both—have been part of Islam for centuries. The only thing truly special about Wahhabism is that it gave actual Salafi scholars and adherents a territorial base in Saudi Arabia that has lasted until today.

Salafism is not homogeneous as the only thing that unites self-proclaimed Salafis is the desire to emulate the pious predecessors, which means very different things to different people. Often times however, they reject the excessive spiritualism associated with Sufism, the deviant doctrines of the medieval rationalist Muʿtazila movement, and the supposedly compromised and sullied message of the Sunni Ashʿari/Al-Maturidi theology.
what you said was bullshit:shookgabre:

:noneck:salafism is not dated to the time of the sahaba rather the salafist movement of abdul wahab

their is no correlation between the salafist movement and the sunnah islam salafist are out of the fold of the sunnah they have nothing to do with the muslims before them

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

:noneck:salafism is not dated to the time of the sahaba rather the salafist movement of abdul wahab

their is no correlation between the salafist movement and the sunnah islam salafist are out of the fold of the sunnah they have nothing to do with the muslims before them

Salafis, whether you personally agree their interpretations reflect the early Salafs or not, do very much take inspiration from the early generations of Muslims (hence the name "Salafi" as it means those whom follow the Salafs). Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab was simply the founder of the modern Salafi movement, which is only different from most others in history in that it's an Arabian-based revivalist movement intended to follow the early footsteps of the Salaf whom are also very politically active, though otherwise not much different from the many Salafis before them. I talked I think pretty extensively about them in my essay.

Speaking of my essay, you don't sound like someone who read the entirety of it. Please read it, I worked really hard to type that all out. Saying all Salafis are terrorist kuffar is just as big and misinformative of a generalization as saying all Sufis are graveworshippers--though I imagine you're foaming at the mouth at this very moment just at that ignorant accusation. Terrorists suck, but Salafis are not all terrorists just like how not all Muslims are terrorists. Everything is a lot more nuanced than you think, sxb, and I encourage you to keep an open mind. Don't automatically jump to the worst characteristics of a people and accuse that of being reflective of the general population.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
Haha these kids here gone straight, kulaha all salafis are Gaalos. @geeljire madaxweyne you are an extremist who splits the muslims, stop talking so much shit. I will show that you are from a sect, that is more dangerous than salafis.

I ask you only one question at first. Answer it and miss me with this childish labelling. Answer straight forward.

The prophet SCW said, that only one group is on his right path and the rest is in hellfire. My question to you is, what is the definition of a Muslim, who is from the right group ?

"So here is the issue that needs to be clarified:Many people use the abbreviation “SAW,” “SAWS,” or “PBUH” to fulfill this obligation in their writing. Is this something that fulfills the obligation of sending the salaah and salaam on the Messenger? Let us look now to some of the statements of the scholars regarding this practice. The Permanent Committee of Scholars in Saudi Arabia headed by ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdillaah ibn Baaz issued the following verdict when asked about the validity of abbreviating the salaah on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam): “The Sunnah is to write the entire phrase “sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam,” since it is a kind of supplication, and supplication is worship, (in one’s writing) just as it is in one’s speech. So to abbreviate it using the letter SAAD or the word SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM is not a supplication nor is it worship, whether it occurs in speech or writing. For this reason, this abbreviation was not used by the the first three generations, those that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) testified to their goodness.” [8] “SAAD” and “SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM” are often used in some Arabic books. The English equivalents of these abbreviations would be: SAW, SAWS, SAAWS, PBUH, and the likes. Al-Fayrooz-Abaadee said, “It is not appropriate to use symbols or abbreviations to refer to salaah and salaam, as some of the lazy ones do, as well as some ignorant people and even some students of knowledge – they write ‘SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM’ instead of writing ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [9] Ahmad Shaakir said, “It is the absurd tradition of some of the later generations that they abbreviate the writing of ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [10] Wasee Allaah ‘Abbaas said, “It is not permissible to abbreviate the salaams in general in one’s writing, just as it is not permissible to abbreviate the salaah and salaam on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam). It is also not permissible to abbreviate either of these in one’s speech.” [11] And Allaah knows best. May the most perfect and complete salaah and salaam be upon our beloved Messenger, and upon his noble family and companions." And Allah knows best.
FOOTNOTES [1]
written by Moosaa Richardson

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Salafis, whether you personally agree their interpretations reflect the early Salafs or not, do very much take inspiration from the early generations of Muslims (hence the name "Salafi" as it means those whom follow the Salafs). Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab was simply the founder of the modern Salafi movement, which is only different from most others in history in that it's an Arabian-based revivalist movement intended to follow the early footsteps of the Salaf whom are also very politically active, though otherwise not much different from the many Salafis before them. I talked I think pretty extensively about them in my essay.

Speaking of my essay, you don't sound like someone who read the entirety of it. Please read it, I worked really hard to type that all out. Saying all Salafis are terrorist kuffar is just as big and misinformative of a generalization as saying all Sufis are graveworshippers--though I imagine you're foaming at the mouth at this very moment just at that ignorant accusation. Terrorists suck, but Salafis are not all terrorists just like how not all Muslims are terrorists. Everything is a lot more nuanced than you think, sxb, and I encourage you to keep an open mind. Don't automatically jump to the worst characteristics of a people and accuse that of being reflective of the general population.
you are making up lies

1 salafism was created by ibn wahab and the saudi nationalist state to combat and end the muslim ottoman empire mainly for nationalistic reasons
thous salafism is just realy a political ideology rather then islam

2 salafism has nothing to do with the earlier muslims at all quit spreading wahabi lies they are a new sect a deviant sect denoting the followers of abdul wahab not the prophet or the companions

3 salafism salafism and the salafs are two diffrent things the salafs are the noble sahaba no one can be like them they have long left the dunya and are akhira may allah bless them as for the salafist theya re a deviant sect who follow ibn wahabi

not the salafs

What do you have against the books of Abduwahab?

There is no such thing as Salafism or Wahabism

Did you even read one of his books?

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP

salafism is a thing

:gaasdrink:his book is jsut full of miquoted ahdiths and extremenist interpreatations of the quran and sunnah

misinterprations that have led to the deaths of millions of muslims worlwide has led to the creation of the first ever muslim terorrist groups like al qaeda and isis

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP

salafism is a thing

:gaasdrink:his book is just full of miquoted hadiths and extremeist interpreatations of the quran and sunnah

misinterprations that have led to the deaths of millions of muslims worlwide has led to the creation of the first ever Muslim terorrist groups like al qaeda and isis

"Surely your Lord is Allah, who created the Heavens and the Earth in six days, then sat on the Throne, governing (His creation). There is no intercessor except by His permission. That is Allah, your Lord, so worship Him. Will you not remember?" (Younus, 10: 3).

For clarification, Salafis commonly reject metaphorical interpretations of the Qu'ran, so an ayat like that would be taken literally. However, they also believe that nothing else in this dunya can compare with the likes of Allah (SWT). They accept that Allah (SWT) apparently has these characteristics but they don't speculate as to what they look like exactly.

I never heard of this translation of the word "istawaa" in the verse as sitting on the throne. Checked several known English translations online:

إِنَّ رَبَّكُمُ اللَّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسْتَوَىٰ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ ۖ يُدَبِّرُ الْأَمْرَ ۖ مَا مِنْ شَفِيعٍ إِلَّا مِنْ بَعْدِ إِذْنِهِ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمْ فَاعْبُدُوهُ ۚ أَفَلَا تَذَكَّرُونَ

Asad :

VERILY, your Sustainer is God, who has created the heavens and the earth in six aeons, and is established on the throne of His almightiness, 6 governing all that exists. There is none that could intercede with Him unless He grants leave therefor. 7 Thus is God, your Sustainer: worship, therefore, Him [alone]: will you not, then, keep this in mind?

Khattab :

Surely your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days, 1 then established Himself on the Throne, conducting every affair. None can intercede except by His permission. That is Allah—your Lord, so worship Him ˹alone˺. Will you not then be mindful?

Malik :

The fact is that your Rabb is the same Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six Yome (time periods) and is firmly established on the Throne of authority, and is directing the affairs of the universe. None can intercede for you, except the one who receives His permission. This is Allah your Rabb, so worship Him: will you not receive admonition?

Pickthall :

Lo! your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then He established Himself upon the Throne, directing all things. There is no intercessor (with Him) save after His permission. That is Allah, your Lord, so worship Him. Oh, will ye not remind?

Yusuf Ali :

Verily your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and is firmly established on the Throne (of authority) regulating and governing all things. No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His leave (hath been obtained). This is Allah your Lord; Him therefore serve ye: will ye not celebrate His praises? 1385 1386 1387

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
I never heard of this translation of the word "istawaa" in the verse as sitting on the throne. Checked several known English translations online:

إِنَّ رَبَّكُمُ اللَّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسْتَوَىٰ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ ۖ يُدَبِّرُ الْأَمْرَ ۖ مَا مِنْ شَفِيعٍ إِلَّا مِنْ بَعْدِ إِذْنِهِ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمْ فَاعْبُدُوهُ ۚ أَفَلَا تَذَكَّرُونَ

Asad :

VERILY, your Sustainer is God, who has created the heavens and the earth in six aeons, and is established on the throne of His almightiness, 6 governing all that exists. There is none that could intercede with Him unless He grants leave therefor. 7 Thus is God, your Sustainer: worship, therefore, Him [alone]: will you not, then, keep this in mind?

Khattab :

Surely your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days, 1 then established Himself on the Throne, conducting every affair. None can intercede except by His permission. That is Allah—your Lord, so worship Him ˹alone˺. Will you not then be mindful?

Malik :

The fact is that your Rabb is the same Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six Yome (time periods) and is firmly established on the Throne of authority, and is directing the affairs of the universe. None can intercede for you, except the one who receives His permission. This is Allah your Rabb, so worship Him: will you not receive admonition?

Pickthall :

Lo! your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then He established Himself upon the Throne, directing all things. There is no intercessor (with Him) save after His permission. That is Allah, your Lord, so worship Him. Oh, will ye not remind?

Yusuf Ali :

Verily your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and is firmly established on the Throne (of authority) regulating and governing all things. No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His leave (hath been obtained). This is Allah your Lord; Him therefore serve ye: will ye not celebrate His praises? 1385 1386 1387
Salafis are the biggest liars and manipulators they misquote and even change the surah to suit their false kuffur belief

They equate Allah to a human form how can Allah sit on a throne

They are committing shirk by doing this

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

Asad :

Khattab :

Malik :

Pickthall :

Yusuf Ali :

Hmm, you're right. Not many sources echo that same wording. Looking closely at the original ayat in Arabic, the word اسْتَوَىٰ even means ascended. The word قعؤد means in the Qu'ran sitting.

I didn't even get that from a Salafi source, though, probably my first mistake. Just got it from an online book-length essay from a liberal arts sociology teacher

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Hmm, you're right. Not many sources echo that same wording. Looking closely at the original ayat in Arabic, the word اسْتَوَىٰ even means ascended. The word قعؤد means in the Qu'ran sitting.

I didn't even get that from a Salafi source, though, probably my first mistake. Just got it from an online book-length essay from a liberal arts sociology teacher
Allah swt is above his throne. The Throne of Allah swt is symbol of Allah swt Power and Majesty

@geeljire madaxweyne, we should take baby steps when it comes to ridding ourselves of this evil plague that is Saudi-funded salafism. Let’s start by throwing out that lolalola .

He's one of the youngest and most level-headed person around here wallahi.

Too much bitterness, self-hate and armchair nationalism here.

Alhamdulillah, you guys will never win.

:trumpsmirk:

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا

Lie upon lie. No wonder our ummah is weak. We are Muslims, what we have ever done to fold out the ford of Islam? Tell us since you think you know. Someone calling another Kafir without any proof or being wrongly labelled is a grave sin. You can start by writing the 10 nullifiers of Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts