Timo Jilac culture of still living at home with parents after they get married is wild.

No, they don't. Maybe where you are from, but in Somali custom, the bride gets her own aqal.
I don’t know what “where you are from” means as I’m pretty sure we all follow the same cultural and traditional values. Key word is “not everyone back home”. You’d be lying if you said some wives don’t live with their in laws back home…

Instead of Somalis living with their in laws like dadka Hindi here’s what they should do.

Get a mortgage. People have being living in government housing for years. Your literally pissing money away, buy a property out the hood. Yeah it’s haram but what are your options? Living in the ends in poverty where their is more drugs, gang violence, and more fitnah? You really want your children to grow up in a run down environment and have give them a chance to fall into that lifestyle? Somalis have no problem getting student loans despite it being riba but mortgages is where we draw the line? Nah fam Get a affordable mortgage as this would be a benefit to your children and community.

Instead of Somalis living with their in laws like dadka Hindi here’s what they should do.

Get a mortgage. People have being living in government housing for years. Your literally pissing money away, buy a property out the hood. Yeah it’s haram but what are your options? Living in the ends in poverty where their is more drugs, gang violence, and more fitnah? You really want your children to grow up in a run down environment and have give them a chance to fall into that lifestyle? Somalis have no problem getting student loans despite it being riba but mortgages is where we draw the line? Nah fam Get a affordable mortgage as this would be a benefit to your children and community.
Alot of somalis don't take student loands either and work and pay off their uni loan

Lol, who are we as Somalis to criticise South Asian family values when it's the secret to their success They are the highest earners in UK per capita and have the most sme's (small and medium enterprises), they are the most educated group, they are the least on welfare, they pay the most taxes, they are rising to the top in Silicon Valley and India was the richest country in the world and India is rising again and has big a future.
Instead of criticising them and poking fun at them, we should be inspired by them as Somalis who are rock bottom in all measures as a ethnic group.
Say mashallah South Asians are defying White Supremacy, what acheivments does Somalis stand to give them a leg to critisise and laugh at South Asians.

Somalis need to practice some of these habits to increase their family values as family values is the bedrock to all success for a ethnic group in a multicultural society.
I agree with you, I saw your comment from the other thread that spoke about central London. The only issue I have with south Asian families all living together is sometimes if can become toxic and claustrophobic. However, the benefits outweigh the good because the homes that they have they keep it for generations so that their families can live in the same household. I was telling a family member the other day in the news it spoke about how silicon family has numerous Indian employees with many of them coming from india. Indians have a good work ethic which is why they’ve been able to take over the UK. They went through more hardship then Somalis did when they came to the UK because during the 60s there was so much profound racism, yet the south Asians still managed to prosper. Inshallah I hope Somalis can reach that stage and attain the same level as success as them but it’s going to take a lot of discipline.

I knew this Somali kid that considered committing zina he lived in the hood in a housing project and of course young kids were out here sleeping around and getting pregnant.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
we should respect other cultures, I actually like extended families living in the same roof or next door to each other. Remember it takes a village to raise children and we are also obligated to look after our aging parents. :)