Timo Jilac culture of still living at home with parents after they get married is wild.

Tbh that’s why they own far more houses than us. They crowd fund and buy a house eventually as they’re not paying rent.
Yep ngl it is clever in a way because they can save money like no tomorrow especially here in the UK. That's how timo jilec got on the property ladder easily in the 90s.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
OHHH. I honestly just misread the title of the post LOL.

Oh yeah then I agree with Sheik
No worries.
Its their culture and it's how you get the horror stories of the mother in law using the new wife as free labour. I had a coworker who divorced her Timo Jilac husband because she couldn't cope with the mother in law. Told me she was getting woken up like it was shift at 6am on the weekend to help clean lmaooo.
I've heard the horror stories. However, I have South Asian friends who don't live with their parents (the non-traditional kind).

I legit recently had an argument with a timo Jilac friend of mine who got married that it was not normal to live with parents and move his wife in with them. Sure it saves money and costs and I understand that part but this is something common with Timo Jilac in general regardless of income. As my friend and his wife make a good salary and should not be hurting for money. He had the cheek to say to me his bedroom is at the end of the other side of the house therefore it was fine.

I think I'd suffer from permeant ED if I had to make love to my wife in the same house as my parents/siblings. The fact he was arguing with me and painting me out to be the weird one had me baffled. South asians built different wallahi and I haven't even got into the whole concept of using the new wife as free labour around the house etc...
South Asians culture is tapped, I’ve had them recommend to me if h can’t afford to get married just stay at home and get married in ur parents house, I was 17 at this time and they send doesn’t matter if ur house is small either one of my friends his sister in law(brothers wife) lives with him in a council estate it makes no sense to me

GuanYu

Custom title
South Asians culture is tapped, I’ve had them recommend to me if h can’t afford to get married just stay at home and get married in ur parents house, I was 17 at this time and they send doesn’t matter if ur house is small either one of my friends his sister in law(brothers wife) lives with him in a council estate it makes no sense to me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Timo jileec women even pay dowry to their husband :dead:
You’re kidding me. Do they chase after their husbands too?! Wallahi what a good deal. The timo jilac’s got some goodies over there. Imma steal them.
F68441A7-53A7-4633-B09D-654473FB1E2F.png

Lol, who are we as Somalis to criticise South Asian family values when it's the secret to their success They are the highest earners in UK per capita and have the most sme's (small and medium enterprises), they are the most educated group, they are the least on welfare, they pay the most taxes, they are rising to the top in Silicon Valley and India was the richest country in the world and India is rising again and has big a future.
Instead of criticising them and poking fun at them, we should be inspired by them as Somalis who are rock bottom in all measures as a ethnic group.
Say mashallah South Asians are defying White Supremacy, what acheivments does Somalis stand to give them a leg to critisise and laugh at South Asians.

Somalis need to practice some of these habits to increase their family values as family values is the bedrock to all success for a ethnic group in a multicultural society.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Imagine giving backshots to your wife and your little brother comes to the room to ask you to play fifa with him, dadkaan manaxaan.

It’s common in Somalia, it’s only recently where we in the west adopted the caadan family way of living in terms of moving away from our parents etc.

It’s common in Somalia, it’s only recently where we in the west adopted the caadan family way of living in terms of moving away from our parents etc.
Only common if they're poor. As soon as they can afford it, they'll get a house nearby. The idea of living on top of it each other isn't Somali dhaqan whatsoever. Nothing 'cadaan' about it as well. Learn your dhaqan before commenting and actually go back home.

Only common if they're poor. As soon as they can afford it, they'll get a house nearby. The idea of living on top of it each other isn't Somali dhaqan whatsoever. Nothing 'cadaan' about it as well. Learn your dhaqan before commenting and actually go back home.
Unfortunately overwhelmingly somalis in Somalia is poor, so I don’t know what you are talking about. The Somali dhaqan is togetherness, community oriented culture where family living with each other is common, maybe you need to go back home.

Lol, who are we as Somalis to criticise South Asian family values when it's the secret to their success They are the highest earners in UK per capita and have the most sme's (small and medium enterprises), they are the most educated group, they are the least on welfare, they pay the most taxes, they are rising to the top in Silicon Valley and India was the richest country in the world and India is rising again and has big a future.
Instead of criticising them and poking fun at them, we should be inspired by them as Somalis who are rock bottom in all measures as a ethnic group.
Say mashallah South Asians are defying White Supremacy, what acheivments does Somalis stand to give them a leg to critisise and laugh at South Asians.

Somalis need to practice some of these habits to increase their family values as family values is the bedrock to all success for a ethnic group in a multicultural society.
Also when we were coming to the UK in the 90s as Refugees most of our people were reer baadiyo and needed guidance living in a urbanised environment, we should've approached the South Asian Muslim Community for 'community mentorship' instead of taking the advice of liberals who've led us astray and look at our community.

GuanYu

Custom title
r. As soon as they can afford it, they'll get a house nearby. The idea of living on top of it each other isn't Somali dhaqan whatsoever. Nothing 'cadaan' about it as well. Learn your dhaqan before commenting and actually go back home.
Raah If it's in Baadiyo, They get their own Aqal made, they still would live in the encampment with other family members, but have the privacy of their own Aqal

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
waryaa @El Nino it's not like they're making jacayl at random, probably they wait till everybody is a sleep,
saqda dhexe

Young boys are notorious for staying awake to play playstation, you might never know when will your little brother call you for backup to play Warzone. Its risky to make jacayl if you have your whole family tree living with you,

Personally I don’t feel sorry for the husbands or the brides, imagine being a schoolkid and having a big exam tomorrow, unfortunately all you can think of is the moans your brother screamed the night before:mjkkk: nightmarish stuff

Timo jileec women even pay dowry to their husband :dead:

This is not bad :leon:

If this custom was part of Somali culture xalimos would be complaining about Faraxs giving their hand out for a half kilo of khat if she's ajnabi but demanding a 10K and an ak47 when she's Somali :mjlol:

Unfortunately overwhelmingly somalis in Somalia is poor, so I don’t know what you are talking about. The Somali dhaqan is togetherness, community oriented culture where family living with each other is common, maybe you need to go back home.
Togetherness as in living in the same area and parents moving in with their children when old. NOT brothers living in the same house and their many children ect. Like I said, once they can afford it, each brother lives separately. Like why on earth will you live in the same house as your brother and his wife. How is that even Islamically acceptable, especially if you can afford to live elsewhere?

Trending