thoughts on interracial and intercultural marriages??

what do you think?

• Total voters
Let me tell you a story of what I did when I was a 6 yr old. My abo would always tell me on the way to school to only eat vegetarian options and I was smart enough to know to avoid the meats. Also, the dinner ladies at school knew to not give me any meat options.

But one day, all my friends were eating sausages and I really wanted to taste it as they looked like they were enjoying it. So, I asked the dinner lady to give me sausages. It was a new dinner lady and she didn’t know I was a Muslim, so I sneakily knew I could get away with it!

Sneaking Out Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes

She gave me the sausages. I sat down with my friends, ate it although I did lowkey feel guilty but it tasted so nice, so I though oh well 🤷🏽‍♀️. Anyways, one of the original dinner ladies saw me and stopped and asked why I was eating pork. I honestly thought it was lamb or beef. Since I already felt guilty for eating non Halal meat and it turned out it was even worse, it was pork!! I vomited everywhere out of sheer guilt and terror. That night I got karbashed.
Your whole moral character can be encapsulated in what you did as a 6-year-old.
1685212971788.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The world has become globalized. Those terms you’re talking about are eroding. People are more and more okay with IR. It is what it is.
The age old Somali cultural norms are eroding in the hearts and minds, of those that no longer relate to it. Majority of them being naago, who always follow the social norms of where ever they happen to be.

this is exactly why I don’t take you seriously when you call me a self hater, you are worst then me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You lot need to stop acting like weirdo TikTok Abdis are real world.

Again, in the real world, no one cares. We don’t treat our nephews and neices with ajnabi mothers differently.
Well where I’m from ajinabi marriages are highly frowned upon, an aunty of mine who married out in the 70’s was softly excommunicated. When she married a rich Egyptian business man, her and her children were never accepted as one of us.
Lol, kids with Arab fathers aren’t disrespected let alone one with an Arab mother. It really isn’t that deep for us as long as the mother isn’t midgaan, Somali Bantu or madow.

Some Somalis such as you are liberal about these things, perhaps due to centuries of intermarriage with Arabs. I come from a very conservative isolated qabiil, that barely even marries other Somalis let alone ajinabis.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
The age old Somali cultural norms are eroding in the hearts and minds, of those that no longer relate to it. Majority of them being naago, who always follow the social norms of where ever they happen to be.

this is exactly why I don’t take you seriously when you call me a self hater, you are worst then me.

Well where I’m from ajinabi marriages are highly frowned upon, an aunty of mine who married out in the 70’s was softly excommunicated. When she married a rich Egyptian business man, her and her children were never accepted as one of us.

Some Somalis such as you are liberal about these things, perhaps due to centuries of intermarriage with Arabs. I come from a very conservative isolated qabiil, that barely even marries other Somalis let alone ajinabis.

I have to admit your right on this. My mother doesn't even want me to marry non-Ogadens, let alone non-Somalis. They were extremely upset at my cousin marrying a Tanzanian Indian woman. They still haven't recovered from that, though they couldn't do much because he was only their nephew. Almost all Somalis I've encountered (male or female) feel the same on this issue.

I have to admit your right on this. My mother doesn't even want me to marry non-Ogadens, let alone non-Somalis. They were extremely upset at my cousin marrying a Tanzanian Indian woman. They still haven't recovered from that, though they couldn't do much because he was only their nephew. Almost all Somalis I've encountered (male or female) feel the same on this issue.
I got the same issue and I’m a guy.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
I got the same issue and I’m a guy.

Considering my family would freak, I would never marry out. I don't have much of a problem with it as Somali guys are my preference (despite all my trolling here). Most Somali mothers would freak at their daughters/sons marrying out. There isn't much they can do if they don't have the father & brothers to intimidate.

Trending