thoughts on interracial and intercultural marriages??

what do you think?

• Total voters

sixama

miss saqajaan
i've seen some farax's on here lose their shit when they see a somali marrying an ajnabi and i wanna see if most people on here think the same way
:stressed:

i've seen some farax's on here lose their shit when they see a somali marrying an ajnabi and i wanna see if most people on here think the same way
Why do you ask? Do you wanna divest :shaq:
You don't need to worry about the opinion of some random farax on the net :dead1:

What your family think is the only thing that should matter aslong as they are muslim.

But obviously somali x somali is the best option.

Last edited:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Somali is always better or any more close society to us, Yemenis, Afars, Oromos. Further than that preferred not to go there.

sixama

miss saqajaan
Why do you ask? Do you wanna divest :shaq:
You don't need to worry about the opinion of some random farax on the net :dead1:

What your family think is the only thing that should matter
I'm looking for entertainment and drama, I couldn't care less about unattractive faraxs :duck:

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Case by case basis. Some can make it work but many can't.

Religion should be the foremost priority when seeking a partner. Interreligious marriages are destined to fail. Why marry someone when you think they are going to Hell?

Culture and ethnicity are intertwined. If there is family opposition based on ethnicity/culture, don't bother. Marriage is not about love. It is about the union of two families. If this union is built upon shaky foundations then it only makes sense to think that it'll collapse.

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
Don’t really care about it that much, but the only thing bothering me is when Xalimos marry out and her kid who is without qabil claim Somali 🤢 plz claim your father side, and don’t come pretending to be one of us.
the worst part is people saying, but mixed kids with somali hooyo have more somali culture than a kid with non xalimos, and my answer to it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
They’re not a big deal imo. I’ve seen many that have lasted for decades including in my own family.

I will say though that they mostly only work if both families are on board from the start. If one family or both are racist or there’s just way too much tension it won’t last.

I am honestly kind of mildly opposed. I don't think it's actually wrong and sometimes they could be right for each other. But even though I think all the races are equal (except Arabs slightly better), I think racial and cultural differences are real.

I think it is crazy to claim there are no biological differences between a person from Congo and a person from Poland. They developed separately for such a long time and I believe people carry traits of their ancestors. If your ancestors lived in a certain way for thousands of years, I think of course you will carry their spirit in some sense (I mean metaphorically- not literally, of course).

For example, if you come from a thousand years of Pashtun warriors... or a thousand years of hippies.... of course it will make a difference.

None of this is saying one race is better or lesser but for example.... Chinese really do tend to do better at math than others. Another race will have its own areas of strength and perhaps of weakness. Then there's the factor of culture.

So my view is it isn't wrong... but it can lead to culture clash. Everyone thinks their way is the right way and you could end up with a culture clash in your house- that's not even including how the relatives on the two sides might feel.

What seems normal to one culture might seem as barbarianism to another. And then if you eliminate these differences- doesn't mean eradication of culture?

I'm not saying people shouldn't do it but... I don't think it should be taken as casually as it sometimes is.

I am honestly kind of mildly opposed. I don't think it's actually wrong and sometimes they could be right for each other. But even though I think all the races are equal (except Arabs slightly better), I think racial and cultural differences are real.

I think it is crazy to claim there are no biological differences between a person from Congo and a person from Poland. They developed separately for such a long time and I believe people carry traits of their ancestors. If your ancestors lived in a certain way for thousands of years, I think of course you will carry their spirit in some sense (I mean metaphorically- not literally, of course).

For example, if you come from a thousand years of Pashtun warriors... or a thousand years of hippies.... of course it will make a difference.

None of this is saying one race is better or lesser but for example.... Chinese really do tend to do better at math than others. Another race will have its own areas of strength and perhaps of weakness. Then there's the factor of culture.

So my view is it isn't wrong... but it can lead to culture clash. Everyone thinks their way is the right way and you could end up with a culture clash in your house- that's not even including how the relatives on the two sides might feel.

What seems normal to one culture might seem as barbarianism to another. And then if you eliminate these differences- doesn't mean eradication of culture?

I'm not saying people shouldn't do it but... I don't think it should be taken as casually as it sometimes is.
For a revert like you, you don’t have much of a choice but to marry out. Obviously, there is now a budding Latin Muslim community, but I see why Reverts seek out ethnic groups that have been Muslim for centuries. It’s nice for your kids to have a side that is all entirely Muslim whom you can trust won’t feed your kids pork.

Case by case basis. Some can make it work but many can't.

Religion should be the foremost priority when seeking a partner. Interreligious marriages are destined to fail. Why marry someone when you think they are going to Hell?

Culture and ethnicity are intertwined. If there is family opposition based on ethnicity/culture, don't bother. Marriage is not about love. It is about the union of two families. If this union is built upon shaky foundations then it only makes sense to think that it'll collapse.

this I agree absolutely. interracial/cultural... yes, case by case... but interreligious should be absolutely out of the question... legally a Muslim man can marry a chaste kitaabi woman.... it isn't haraam... but I think it's a terrible idea, especially in today's age

How about we leave people alone? I think personally Somalis should stick to Somalis, but at the end of the day, people know what’s best for them. For some, an anjabi wife or husband could be the best person for them and for others it could be a walking disaster. But we should allow people to make that decision for themselves without fearing abuse and harassment. IR marriages have been happening since the dawn of time. We should focus on ourselves instead of policing people’s marriages as long as people aren’t committing haram or aren’t putting their kids imaan in jeopardy.

the optimal and smart choice is to always go for your own but in multi cultural societies its bound to happen. aslong as people ain't marrying across religions and the families don't have an issue with it.

Trending