this why i hate being associated with arabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bilan M

Hey guys, i think we digressedfrom the actual topic. this was suppose to thread to piss off darrood-sup and slang off arabs. : )

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
what would you call it? xalaaleynta gabdaha?

what are your ideas on better ways to handle this issue? pretending it doesn't exist?

What I've said a few times on here, get rid of that feminist shit and make it solely a public health issue.

B

bilan M

@bilan M I've never heard of Somalis taking their children from the Diaspora to Africa/the ME to get circumcised. I think that's a European problem and probably due to the proximity of Europe to Africa. Nimko Ali, co-founder of anti-fgm ngo Daughter's of Eve, said she was taken back to Djibouti at age 5 to have FGM performed on here. I thought it was an isolated incident, but you're saying it's an actual thing?

Here's a clip from Channel 4's 'The Cruel Cut' where Leyla Hussein (the other founder of Daughter's of Eve) talks to her mom about why she was circumcised.

in the early 90s somallis used to go to a arab docotor in london. but got caught. We went to dubai In the early 90s.

What I've said a few times on here, get rid of that feminist shit and make it solely a public health issue.

are you talking about in the diaspora or back home?

if back home, how does that work when we barely have any hospitals and most ppl are in duurduurka baadiyo? and this is where it's mostly still occurring?

if diaspora, it's mostly a dying thing but maybe u can explain what u mean there too

what would you call it? xalaaleynta gabdaha?

what are your ideas on better ways to handle this issue? pretending it doesn't exist?

Use a more neutral term like FGS( Female Genital Surgery)

First of all broaden up the discussion, not with one sided debate with more representatives from different sides. and it should be grounded with best available evidence. This zero tolerance policy is in no one elses interest other than these NGOs trying to make profit.

This an cultural complex topic all this hysteria is unnecessarry. Ask why they speak of child protection when this whole campaign is aimed at grown women.

Last edited:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
are you talking about in the diaspora or back home?

if back home, how does that work when we barely have any hospitals and most ppl are in duurduurka baadiyo? and this is where it's mostly still occurring?

if diaspora, it's mostly a dying thing but maybe u can explain what u mean there too

Back home mostly. What do you mean by explain though? Public health is the responsibility of the government and they have to prioritize this. It really does not matter if you are in baadiyo or in a city, public health campaigns are done successfully either way.

I genuinely believe that we can eliminate all forms, however at the moment it's looking pretty bleak.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
@Ugas dude listen come up with reliable source cause surely daily mail isn't one.

I can't believe you are comparing MGM and FGM.
MGM has healthy benefits it reduces urine infections, sexual diseases, cancer of the Penis and also it practices good hygiene.

Bal what is the healthy benefits of FGM? Other than controling women sexuality. And if you believe that, there is no point of me arguing you.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
@bored

^^^^^^^
Example of white feminist rhetoric
This is what I mean, controlling a woman's sexuality isnt going to fare well with a hooyo in miiyi.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Just tell the hooyo she gonna do a bid in da pen if she do that lets see if she really bout dat life

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
@bored

^^^^^^^
Example of white feminist rhetoric
This is what I mean, controlling a woman's sexuality isnt going to fare well with a hooyo in miiyi.
So what other reason is FGM used for? If it's not preventing women sleeping around.

I

IntensiveCareUnit

i think it's both to "improve" the appearance and make them less promiscuous

i think it's both to "improve" the appearance and make them less promiscuous

FGS not FGM please refrain from using that term. There are numerous reasons. For somali women in particular both for aesthetics and then more so for hygienes. they argue that the skin layers builds smegma and bacteria.etc. The same reasons for male circumcission.

I

IntensiveCareUnit

FGS not FGM please refrain from using that term. There are numerous reasons. For somali women in particular both for aesthetics and then more so for hygienes. they argue that the skin layers builds smegma and bacteria.etc. The same reasons for male circumcission.
did you mean @Antisocial i didnt mention FGM

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
So what other reason is FGM used for? If it's not preventing women sleeping around.
Think is a funny argument I bet most of them s in somalia are circumsized, too:p

Prolly because its what should be done. As in I don't want my daughter to be different. I've heard for hygiene and aesthetic reasons as well. Regardless that wasn't my point. My point is that sort of rhetoric is destructive.

Hafez

VIP
LOL @ Arabs hating their women. Completely the opposite. They look after and adore their women. Maxawaay saan

Status
Not open for further replies.