this why i hate being associated with arabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bilan M

Head to Head - Do Arab men hate women?:
I Watched this vid earlier todat and its got so annoyed. I cant believe this women mentions somalis. our cultures r only slightly similar. i have been on holiday to morroco and i think their men r like animals. They way treat and speak to forgien women like we r just a piece of meat.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
She mentioned Somalia because it's part of the Arab League.

Duchess

VIP
But we don't even speak Arabic, how do we share a culture with Arabs?

We can't blame Arabs for assuming we want to be Arab when Somalia is part of the Arab league and Arabic is an official language in Somalia. :zhqjlmx:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Where did she mention Somalia. I have no time to watch such a waste of a time vid.

Duchess

VIP
Where did she mention Somalia. I have no time to watch such a waste of a time vid.

I didn't watch the whole video but she mentions Somalia in the first few mins in the context of the diversity/differences between the 22 Arab nations.

Duchess

VIP
We need to pull out of the Arab league, tbh.

I agree, but the issue is bigger than that. Arabic is an official language and many of the main clans in Somalia believe they are the descendants of an Arab patriarch. That isn't going to suddenly change if Somalia opts out of the Arab League.

This is a common sight in Somalia

images

I doubt most people in Somalia understand Arabic , so what's the point of the gov using the language ?

Well she really managed to display her Racist ethnocentrism by using ''Female Genital Surgery'' in Somalia as a oppression call.

Weird i dont see them labelling Designer Vaginas in the west as ''FGM''.

2po8w89.png

in europe its ''Fashion'', but in Somalia and Africa its ''Mutilation''

A review published in 2012 by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists concedes that many FGCS procedures compare anatomically with types of FGM.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
We a defeated people subject to cultural imperialism or actual imperialism come to think of it

:francis:

Duchess

VIP
Well she really managed to display her Racist ethnocentrism by using ''Female Genital Surgery'' in Somalia as a oppression call.

Weird i dont see them labelling Designer Vaginas in the west as ''FGM''.

2po8w89.png

in europe its ''Fashion'', but in Somalia and Africa its ''Mutilation''

Let me play devil's advocate. In Somalia, FGM is performed on children and children can't give consent. No consent = oppression.

B

bilan M

I understand but you can't talk about topic like this and involve people ie somalis just becauae they have a treatt with your country. Is lile italians discussing their mafia and curruption problem and try to imply britian has the same problem becuz its in the eu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duchess

VIP
I understand but you can talk about topic like this and involve people ie somalis just becauae they have a treatt with your country. Is lile italians discussing their mafia and curruption problem and try to imply britian has the same problem becuz its in the eu.

Yes and no. She mentioned FGM in Egypt but Somalia is part of the Arab League and FGM is more prevalent in Somalia than it is in Egypt.

B

bilan M

I didn't watch the whole video but she mentions Somalia in the first few mins in the context of the diversity/differences between the 22 Arab nations.
She mentons somalia amd djoubti...the cheeky sod.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Less be real it ain't mutilation like removing da clitoris and cuttin out da labia and sewin that shit up wit routine deaths and guaranteed complications

Let me play devil's advocate. In Somalia, FGM is performed on children and children can't give consent. No consent = oppression.

Ok
1) if it was about childrens rights why is it that this case is focused on an adult woman?

2) Again, if FGM is about child protection, then why leave out male circumcision or male genital mutilation? many male activists who speak against it

3) if it was about child protection why are there underage western (mostly white) girls - some as young as nine years old - receiving labiaplasties for free under the National Health System in countries such as the UK and Australia? Why don't these girls have protected status for their genitalia - like African girls? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ed-14-having-designer-vagina-surgery-NHS.html

So its really racist and ethnocentric no matter how you phrase it.

its ''Fashion cosmetics'' in the west and '' barbaric mutilations'' in africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts