This Reddit post is crazy

Basically a Somali father wants to take his daughter and ajanabi wife to Somalia to visit his family well the folks over on Reddit are convinced he plans to do FGM on his own daughter and never return to the UK WTF these Mfs thought process is so crazy

Last edited:

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
I find it so weird that people take their marital problems to fucking reddit out of all places.

However I understand the wifeโ€™s concerns. I understand the fear a mother would have over their child in this situation. Especially over a place she only heard bad from.

The Redditorโ€™s who say divorced straight away are just bad people. These niggas thrive over causing misery to others. They been together for 6 and married for 4 years i think she has the capability to understand her husbands intent. Especially when he is โ€œnot religiousโ€.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Reading these comments is funny they think Somalia is uninhabitable for human life.

Whilst agree some regions are dangerous it all depends on where you go.

I have been to Somalia as a child i didnt get killed or ransomed for cash by a pirate or terrorist. Must be one of the lucky ones ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Yeah we also have those grifters who will through their community under the bus for a paycheck
the damage has been done but I actually like the fact ajnabis think somalia is more dangerous then it actually is. I guess this is what happens when you marry a liberal non muslim gaal as a somali

imagine she listens to redditors advice and divorces him over this ๐Ÿ˜‚

Internet Nomad

VIP
FGM is such a easy solvable problem that we could fix in a decade and save Somalia from half of its scrutiny. All you need to do is ban it all across the country. Criminally charge anybody who is seen doing and charge parents for neglect. Same time pay for a nation wide education program to teach against the dangers of FGM.

However all of this would need a stable government in check
:wow:

Sheโ€™s been married to her husband for 6 years now and she should know what he is and isnโ€™t okay with. Since they have daughters and FGM is an unfortunate part of our culture, youโ€™d think sheโ€™d ask what his views are? Maybe ask the younger women in his family if they had it done? Also, FGM usually happens because of the older matriarchs of the family. Hence she shouldnโ€™t worry about her husband, but about the older women back home. But even then, the likelihood of them doing anything without her permission is incredibly low. At the end of the day, the vast majority of Western Somalis do not agree with FGM, do not do it on their full ethnic Somali daughters no longer, hence the likelihood of her husband being pro FGM or his family members being for it is slim to none. But they really should have had those conversations a long time ago so as to put her mind as ease.

I can sympathize though. Why? Because I understand the feeling of fearing the unknown. Thatโ€™s why I married into my own culture. Understanding different ways of life, the expectations and the parts of culture that makes me feel uncomfortable would be too much for me, especially when children are in the mix. She should have challenged those fears in the dating stage and should have asked as much questions as possible to get a clearer insight and really delved into the culture sheโ€™s marrying into.

Last edited:
Sheโ€™s been married to her husband for 6 years now and she should know what he is and isnโ€™t okay with. Since they have daughters and FGM is an unfortunate part of our culture, youโ€™d think sheโ€™d ask what his views are? Maybe ask the younger women in his family if they had it done? Also, FGM usually happens because of the older matriarchs of the family. Hence she shouldnโ€™t worry about her husband, but about the older women back home. But even then, the likelihood of them doing anything without her permission is incredibly low. At the end of the day, the vast majority of Western Somalis do not agree with FGM, do not do it on their full ethnic Somali daughters no longer, hence the likelihood of her husband being pro FGM or his family members being for it is slim to none. But they really should have had those conversations a long time ago so as to put her mind as ease.

I can sympathize though. Why? Because I understand the feeling of fearing the unknown. Thatโ€™s why I married into my own culture. Understanding different ways of life, the expectations and the parts of culture that makes me feel uncomfortable would be too much for me, especially when children are in the mix. She should have challenged those fears in the dating stage and should have asked as much questions as possible to get a clearer insight and really delved into the culture sheโ€™s marrying into.
Dude probably didnโ€™t educate her on Somali culture thatโ€™s the problem she probably wouldnโ€™t be asking these types of questions if he did itโ€™s crazy how many wild assumptions she has

Internet Nomad

VIP
Damn they cooking in the comments, i never knew reddit was racist
White liberals are just as racists as conservatives they just know how to package it better.

However i dont think they are racist in this scenario because they understandably afraid of somalia.

Same way if the hypothetical ajanabi woman I'm married to wants me to take our children to Syria i would be worried about it.

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo
We need to put an end to this โ€œface of FGMโ€. when are Somali politicians going to condemn this. I have never seen anyone talk about it