This is what happens if you race mix

a y a n

nigga I am not a firefighter
VIP
Nope. A celebrity can't really substitute for an actual father. A male role model is needed. Just look at AAs and tell me absent fathers aren't affecting them.
Get to the point, what’s the job? Radiate masculinity? :cosbyhmm:
You've got to be kidding me :farmajoyaab:
I seem really insensitive rn, but I can’t see what this has to do with the earlier point of women passing down language, morals, and general support to the child, and not the man. :hmm:

What place does he have? What is there role? I’m genuinely curious
My father was more of an outlier ngl but the continuous testimonies of others I know in households hold different to this man->significant caregiver narrative.
mothers have always been primary

yes, that’s his job. These ppl are tryna say that fathers primarily raise the kids and orchestrate that tf

Like I said they contradict themselves.

I would have never thought I would end up in a position of defending traditional gender roles what te f*ck has happened :ohdamn:

Yep, they are very dumb

In the next thread they are going to argue that women should stay home, so that they 'raise' kids, whilst the men are at work.

They understand reality, but they want to argue for the sake of arguing.

They have an agenda and now they want to re-define what mothers have been doing for centuries.

Get to the point, what’s the job? Radiate masculinity? :cosbyhmm:

I seem really insensitive rn, but I can’t see what this has to do with the earlier point of women passing down language, morals, and general support to the child, and not the man. :hmm:
It's self-evident fatherhood is important. A boy cannot emulate his mother the same way he can his father. And vice-versa. It's undeniable they are important. Don't deny that.

a y a n

VIP
Like I said they contradict themselves.

One minute

Yep, they are very dumb

In the next thread they are going to argue that women should stay home, so that they 'raise' kids, whilst the men are at work.

They understand reality, but they want to argue for the sake of arguing.
The jumping around to the trauma of the Somali civil war is very confusing :notsureif:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
..your point is and the relevance is where?

a y a n

VIP
It's self-evident fatherhood is important. A boy cannot emulate his mother the same way he can his father. And vice-versa. It's undeniable they are important. Don't deny that.
You’re saying this but not saying the importance and the job they do, what do they do? What is expected of them? Make it clear what you’re trying to say

You’re saying this but not saying the importance and the job they do, what do they do? What is expected of them? Make it clear what you’re trying to say
Listen, the exact duties are unimportant, what really matters is that they clearly do make a difference.

These men had to leave somalia in the shambles it was, had to support family back home and still work all the time to support their family in the west. Worrying if his children are going to become atheists.

They shield their children from that overwhelming burden, but then some spoilt xalimo will complain he wasn't there emotionally.

I doubt any of our fathers exceeded the age of 25 when the war happened
Exactly wallahi, most of them just graduated/in their early20s and had their entire future along with their country snatched away from them.

Sxb these girls took western media's portrayal of the middle-class cadaan dads talking to his daughter about her periods and just ran with it wallahi:russ:

Honestly, any Xalimo chimping out about the "failures" of Somali fathers needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Last edited:
Do you know car crashes are one of leading causes of PTSD? Now try and imagine how much worse having your fucking house shelled while your friends and family get slaughtered is. It's literally not most Somali men's fault that they couldn't fulfil the normal duties of fatherhood.

Like I said, try and have a little more empathy for their situation.

Tired excuse.

Did the women not go through the same shit as well?

Why did that not have an impact on their motherhood, or the hooyos who were abandoned or left widowed, but were still there for their kids?

Are hooyos super women?

a y a n

VIP
We're speaking about Somali men here, so of course it's relevant. It was an explanation for why they are emotionally absent.
So now explain how that plays out now? What are they expected of now and for the future?
Listen, the exact duties are unimportant, what really matters is that they clearly do make a difference.
They are important, you can’t just say a difference is made of the duties aren’t clear
Correlation doesn’t equal causation

Tired excuse.

Did the women not go through the same shit as well?

Why did that not have an impact on their motherhood, or the hooyos who were abandoned or left widowed, but where still there for their kids?

Are our hooyos super women?
Not really, valid reason for emotional distance. Going through all that takes resilience. They tend to be stoic for that very reason.

a y a n

VIP
Exactly wallahi, most of them just graduated/in their early20s and had their entire future along with their country snatched away from them. Sxb these girls took western media's portrayal of the middle-class cadaan dad talking to his daughter about her periods and just ran with it wallahi:russ:
Honestly, any Xalimo chimping out about the "failures" of Somali fathers needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.
What? How’d you jump to that conclusion? :heh: :notsureif:

So now explain how that plays out now? What are they expected of now and for the future?

They are important, you can’t just say a difference is made of the duties aren’t clear
Correlation doesn’t equal causation
Well there is a direct correlation proven between the absence of fathers and various quality of life indicators. Really all it takes is a little common sense to know.

a y a n

VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think you’ve forgotten that a lot of Somali Women were working in the west and simultaneously sending money to their relatives back home and trying to start a. Family for themselves at the same time, and quit working when their husbands came around.
the excuse making isn’t helping akh

I think you’ve forgotten that a lot of Somali Women were working in the west and simultaneously sending money to their relatives back home and trying to start a. Family for themselves at the same time, and quit working when their husbands came around.
Those aren't excuses, PTSD seriously affects your psyche.

Somali women did not work. They collected welfare on their 10 kids.

Trending

Latest posts