This is what happens if you race mix

a y a n

nigga I am not a firefighter
VIP
Post marriage? Somali women typically marry young and are almost all married past a certain age so that's still the vast majority of them. I'm not referring to this current generation but the previous ones. She claimed they were working before their husbands came, I'm doubtful. I rarely ever meet a working Somali mother and most of the older women are mothers.
The diaspora around here seem to operate differently then :cosbyhmm:
It’s usually when they’re a tad more isolated from other Somalis That they have to work on their own and support their family because of minimal knowledge of things like welfare, regardless of gender, plenty of Somali women went through the same things that the men did and were exposed to the very same things, how is the Somali Civil War And the PTSD it caused across the nation and to the diaspora a working argument? Get back to the point and stop floating around lmaooo
Either way, back to the original point
You brought it up. I only refuted you.
And used anonymous people in a thread As testimony :denzelnigga:

You can't say relax its a stereotype to him and then qoute me and say it is the truth.

Like I said

Talk about your own hooyos.

If you're mother never taught you nothing or never 'raised you' then it is personal issue.
When did I say that? :what:
And stereotypes can be true and do have truth to them.

The diaspora around here seem to operate differently then :cosbyhmm:
It’s usually when they’re a tad more isolated from other Somalis That they have to work on their own and support their family because of minimal knowledge of things like welfare, regardless of gender, plenty of Somali women went through the same things that the men did and were exposed to the very same things, how is the Somali Civil War And the PTSD it caused across the nation and to the diaspora a working argument? Get back to the point and stop floating around lmaooo
Either way, back to the original point

And used anonymous people in a thread As testimony :denzelnigga:
Why does it matter that they're anonymous? You did the exact same thing, I just showed that you were wrong.

a y a n

VIP
I am lost as well @a y a n what are we arguing.
They’re floating around back to the civil war PTSD and how it is a reason as to why somali fathers didn’t really complete their roles as parents and it’s connection to how fathers And the patriarchy still have the authority over if a mother teaches their child a certain language/morals or not, yes a f*ck ton of floating going on here

According to pyschology.com, father absence results in diminished self-concept and compromised physical and emotional security. Behavioural problems, truancy and poor academic performance, delinquency and youth crime, including violent crime. Promiscuity and teenage pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, exploitation and abuse, physical health problems, mental health disorders, life chances, future relationships, and mortality. Was that good enough for you? :farmajoyaab:

They’re floating around back to the civil war PTSD and how it is a reason as to why somali fathers didn’t really complete their roles as parents and it’s connection to how fathers And the patriarchy still have the authority over if a mother teaches their child a certain language/morals or not, yes a f*ck ton of floating going on here
You can't talk about that, since you believe they have no role to play. :gaasdrink:

And yes, 'the patriarchy' decides what is taught, who do you think created the U.S. Constitution, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and whatever it is they have in Britain? It wasn't Karen.

Did what thing? No you didn’t akh LMAOA
Anyways, back to the original point, and that is of what relevance?
Yes, I did. You claimed that it was on me to cite myself since everyone else was against me, I proved that wrong. And please don't call me that. But what are you even asking about?

a y a n

VIP
According to pyschology.com, father absence results in diminished self-concept and compromised physical and emotional security. Behavioural problems, truancy and poor academic performance, delinquency and youth crime, including violent crime. Promiscuity and teenage pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, exploitation and abuse, physical health problems, mental health disorders, life chances, future relationships, and mortality. Was that good enough for you? :farmajoyaab:
Correlation does not equal causation.
What job or role does the father have to prevent that? What does he D O? What’s expected? Make it clear akh
You can't talk about that, since you believe they have no role to play. :gaasdrink:
The fathers role traditionally is to protect the family and make money, if you all are arguing a different stance than make it clear what the role is instead of simply saying what the dissapearance of a father does :kanyeshrug:
And yes, 'the patriarchy' decides what is taught, who do you think created the U.S. Constitution, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and whatever it is they have in Britain? It wasn't Karen.
Maybe it’s cause women literally couldn’t get an education in the west and weren’t allowed to do anything outside of cooking and cleaning, what’s the relevance of the west in the 18th century to Somalis in the diaspora now though?

a y a n

VIP
Yes, I did. You claimed that it was on me to cite myself since everyone else was against me, I proved that wrong. And please don't call me that. But what are you even asking about?
Quote? Everyone else is about the actual world, not the people arguing on a little thread on sspot :heh:

You can't say relax its a stereotype to him and then qoute me and say it is the truth.

Like I said

Talk about your own hooyos.

If your mother never taught you nothing or never 'raised you' then it is personal issue.
I was taught everything by my mother, that's why I was always a top student. Not because I'm especially clever or anything but because I was helped and worked myself.

What job or role does the father have to prevent that? What does he D O? What’s expected? Make it clear akh

The fathers role traditionally is to protect the family and make money, if you all are arguing a different stance than make it clear what the role is instead of simply saying what the dissapearance of a father does :kanyeshrug:

Maybe it’s cause women literally couldn’t get an education in the west and weren’t allowed to do anything outside of cooking and cleaning, what’s the relevance of the west in the 18th century to Somalis in the diaspora now though?
I was proving the patriarchy does set the rules, and even more so in Somali society.

Quote? Everyone else is about the actual world, not the people arguing on a little thread on sspot :heh:
Have you done a global poll? I assume when someone says everyone else they mean the people actually in the thread and not the eight billion fucking humans in existence.

You said he has no role to play, this completely disproves that altogether.