"Think" in Somali??????

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
But why did Somalis choose foreign words over their this is mostly I am not interested to be part of Somalis nor the country cuz I think Somalis themself will erase their whole identity Somalis already with language and culture the only thing left is to drop Somali name even non Somalis are claiming to Somalis and claiming Somali tribe this putted me off mostly
But ty for the info
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't identify arab nor African nor black even somai
The reason why I saying I don't no foreign word is not weird the weird thing is me claiming foreign words to be Somali language and not my own original Somali words for this is very weird hens tht is why I don't identify somali anymore cuz there is nothing to look and proud having foreign things

Erayga Think can mean different things in Somali.

Think = Qabaa. This is when the word "think" is used in English to mean "Believe". like I think, aka I believe

In somali, it becomes:

I think = Waxaan qabaa, ama rumaysnahay - in pure somali.

When "think" is used to mentally weigh something in order to figure something out about it, or to get a clue etc, in Somali, we say " "Qaadaadhig". This word Qaadaadhig is two somali words joined together. Qaad and Dhig. Lift up, Put down. This means, metaphorically, pick something up and then put it down in your head to come up with a definition or an expression. This somali word also means long commentary to describe something. Anyways, this is what I think or waxaan rumaysnahay.

Somali is Rich. You can find any word in Somali. It is a matter of knowing about it.

Last edited:
Something interesting about the Word "Qabaa" above as well. It can mean = Married to. That is why Somali is rich. Words can have multiple meanings where the listener knows the particular meaning the word carries from the sentence or the situation in which the word is being used.

I love Somali. One of the reasons I am proud to be one.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
You can say both Fikir/Feker or Mood/Maleyn
You can also use
"aaminsanahay " but it's for intransitive (To communicate to oneself in one's mind, to try to find a solution to a problem)
There are many ways to say think in Somali.

1. Think of we instead of me Intaad keligaa iska feker lahayd labadiinaba ka feker
  2. But I think they're doing very important work. laakiin waxaan aaminsanahay in ay hayaan howl muhiim ah
  3. I hope I didn't confuse you, but it's really healthy to always think about the magnitude of your numbers and get a feel for just what you are adding and not always do it purely mechanical.Waxaan rajanayaa in aanan ku qasin, waana arrin aad u fiican in mar walba la'is weydiiyo jawaabta aad heshay in ay caqligal tahay si aad u dareento isku darkaaga oo aadan sida makiinada wax u xisaabin.
  4. I was especially concerned of what the girls might think.
    Waxan si gaara uga cabsi qabay waxa habluhu is oran doonaan.
  5. And I was part of this team -- this thinking, learning team whose job it was to design and implement new software that created value in the world.
    Waxana kamid ahaa koox -- kooxdan fekeraysa, baranaysa oo shaqadoodu tahay abuurista iyo naqshadaynta software cusub kaasoo qiime ka jooga aduunka.
  6. Part of the problem of these outsiders, I think, is that the society outside the Islamic world imagine that the Quraan can be read as we usually read other books , as though we can curl up different books genres with it on a rainy afternoon with a bowl of popcorn within reach, but the Quraan is entirely in the voice of God speaking to Muhammad , teachings of the religion and nowhere near to compare bestseller books.
    Qayb kamid ah dhibaatadu heysata shisheeyaha, waxan filayaa, inay tahay dadweynta ka baxsan dhuleedka muslimiinta ay u haystaan in Quraanka loo akhriyi karo sida aynu caadiyan u akhrino buugaagta kale oo intaynu gees ula baxno galab roobaad inagoo salool duban ina horyaalo, laakinse quraanka kariimka waa hadalki alle ku soo dejiyey rasuulkiisa Muxamed scw, barashada diinta in dadka lagu yabooho rumaynta iyo sifeynta mu'miniinta mana aha wax buugagta iib gayska la barbar dhigi karo.
  7. Police at Cape Town police station have never helped us and I don’t think they care.
    Booliska saldhigga Cape Town kama aan helin wax caawimaad ah, mana filayo in caawinteena ay xil iska saarayaan
  8. Not just the way we think about the world, but the way we are but our very own biology. Kaliya maaha sida an caalamka u aragno, balse sida aynu nahay laakinse biyoolijideena ahaan.
  9. I haven't spent much time with you, but I know that you still love me, and you probably still pray for me and think about me.
    Wax badan wakhti maanan kula qaadanin. Waan ogahay weli in aad i jeceshahay. Weli waad ii duceysaa. Waadna iga fekertaa.
  10. Do you think that what she did made her father and her brother happy?— Yes, it did!
    Maad u maleysaa walaalkeeda iyo aabbaheed inay ku farxeen waxay sameysay?— Haa way ku farxeen
  11. A possible mode of being here would be a way of life -- a way of being, experiencing, thinking, seeing, interacting with the world.
    Dareen suurtagal ah oo halkan lagu tagaa waxay noqon kartaa dariiq nololeled- qaab jiritan, la kulmid, ka fekerid, arkid la falgelid aduunka.
  12. It seems that there's not just one person who thinks that these problems are important.
    Waxayna u muqaataa inaanu qof keliya ahayn cida filaysa in dhibatooyinkani ay miisaankooda leeyihiin.
  13. Many people will think, though, that charities aren't really all that effective.
    Dad badan ayaa ka fekeri doona, in sadaqadu aysan saas runtii u saamayn badnayn.
  14. How do you think Rooble felt? He was afraid and said: ‘I’m not going to speak about four eyed Aamina anymore, get out of here , the woman is out of her mind.’
    Rooble sidee baad u maleysaa inuu dareemay?Wuu cabsaday oo wuxuu yiri: ‘Aamina afar indhood mar dambe ka hadli maayo,Iga leexi, naagta waa qac'.

You can say both Fikir/Feker or Mood/Maleyn
You can also use
"aaminsanahay " but it's for intransitive (To communicate to oneself in one's mind, to try to find a solution to a problem)
There are many ways to say think in Somali.

1. Think of we instead of me Intaad keligaa iska feker lahayd labadiinaba ka feker
  2. But I think they're doing very important work. laakiin waxaan aaminsanahay in ay hayaan howl muhiim ah
  3. I hope I didn't confuse you, but it's really healthy to always think about the magnitude of your numbers and get a feel for just what you are adding and not always do it purely mechanical.Waxaan rajanayaa in aanan ku qasin, waana arrin aad u fiican in mar walba la'is weydiiyo jawaabta aad heshay in ay caqligal tahay si aad u dareento isku darkaaga oo aadan sida makiinada wax u xisaabin.
  4. I was especially concerned of what the girls might think.
    Waxan si gaara uga cabsi qabay waxa habluhu is oran doonaan.
  5. And I was part of this team -- this thinking, learning team whose job it was to design and implement new software that created value in the world.
    Waxana kamid ahaa koox -- kooxdan fekeraysa, baranaysa oo shaqadoodu tahay abuurista iyo naqshadaynta software cusub kaasoo qiime ka jooga aduunka.
  6. Part of the problem of these outsiders, I think, is that the society outside the Islamic world imagine that the Quraan can be read as we usually read other books , as though we can curl up different books genres with it on a rainy afternoon with a bowl of popcorn within reach, but the Quraan is entirely in the voice of God speaking to Muhammad , teachings of the religion and nowhere near to compare bestseller books.
    Qayb kamid ah dhibaatadu heysata shisheeyaha, waxan filayaa, inay tahay dadweynta ka baxsan dhuleedka muslimiinta ay u haystaan in Quraanka loo akhriyi karo sida aynu caadiyan u akhrino buugaagta kale oo intaynu gees ula baxno galab roobaad inagoo salool duban ina horyaalo, laakinse quraanka kariimka waa hadalki alle ku soo dejiyey rasuulkiisa Muxamed scw, barashada diinta in dadka lagu yabooho rumaynta iyo sifeynta mu'miniinta mana aha wax buugagta iib gayska la barbar dhigi karo.
  7. Police at Cape Town police station have never helped us and I don’t think they care.
    Booliska saldhigga Cape Town kama aan helin wax caawimaad ah, mana filayo in caawinteena ay xil iska saarayaan
  8. Not just the way we think about the world, but the way we are but our very own biology. Kaliya maaha sida an caalamka u aragno, balse sida aynu nahay laakinse biyoolijideena ahaan.
  9. I haven't spent much time with you, but I know that you still love me, and you probably still pray for me and think about me.
    Wax badan wakhti maanan kula qaadanin. Waan ogahay weli in aad i jeceshahay. Weli waad ii duceysaa. Waadna iga fekertaa.
  10. Do you think that what she did made her father and her brother happy?— Yes, it did!
    Maad u maleysaa walaalkeeda iyo aabbaheed inay ku farxeen waxay sameysay?— Haa way ku farxeen
  11. A possible mode of being here would be a way of life -- a way of being, experiencing, thinking, seeing, interacting with the world.
    Dareen suurtagal ah oo halkan lagu tagaa waxay noqon kartaa dariiq nololeled- qaab jiritan, la kulmid, ka fekerid, arkid la falgelid aduunka.
  12. It seems that there's not just one person who thinks that these problems are important.
    Waxayna u muqaataa inaanu qof keliya ahayn cida filaysa in dhibatooyinkani ay miisaankooda leeyihiin.
  13. Many people will think, though, that charities aren't really all that effective.
    Dad badan ayaa ka fekeri doona, in sadaqadu aysan saas runtii u saamayn badnayn.
  14. How do you think Rooble felt? He was afraid and said: ‘I’m not going to speak about four eyed Aamina anymore, get out of here , the woman is out of her mind.’
    Rooble sidee baad u maleysaa inuu dareemay?Wuu cabsaday oo wuxuu yiri: ‘Aamina afar indhood mar dambe ka hadli maayo,Iga leexi, naagta waa qac'.

Excellent.

Mood = Think

Another somali word I forgot to mention.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
I don't identify arab nor African nor black even somai
The reason why I saying I don't no foreign word is not weird the weird thing is me claiming foreign words to be Somali language and not my own original Somali words for this is very weird hens tht is why I don't identify somali anymore cuz there is nothing to look and proud having foreign things
Or just take the reins and eliminate the foreign words yourself? It'll take years or decades to master it, but I think you can do it. Turn your hatred into passion instead.:icon lol:

There are still many Somali linguists and poets around. Study under them.:nvjpqts:

Or just take the reins and eliminate the foreign words yourself? It'll take years or decades to master it, but I think you can do it. Turn your hatred into passion instead.:icon lol:

There are still many Somali linguists and poets around. Study under them.:nvjpqts:
There is no scholars how can plus there is no Somali script how can I study something tht have never been preserved nor has script also the culture names also this not language it is about everything
But I get your point

@Dawo
Come out of hidding
8ce49a39a0c993ec428cc3a1be52699e.png

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
There is no scholars how can plus there is no Somali script how can I study something tht have never been preserved nor has script also the culture names also this not language it is about everything
But I get your point
You can find scholars in almost all Somali cities. There are many Somalis still passionate about preserving the language and culture.

The Somali script exists since 1972. You just have to pick a good grammar book and get started. The only thing holding you back is your defeatist attitude, walaal.

You can find scholars in almost all Somali cities. There are many Somalis still passionate about preserving the language and culture.

The Somali script exists since 1972. You just have to pick a good grammar book and get started. The only thing holding you back is your defeatist attitude, walaal.
I don't think there are scholars but ok

Trending