There is NO life after death: Scientist insists afterlife is IMPOSSIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post. I would also like to add that QFT (quantum field theory) predicts a spin-2 boson called the graviton as the quantum of gravity. GR (general relativity), which is Carrol's field, says gravity is just the geometry of spacetime reacting to local mass-energy via the well-known stress-energy tensor. The two models are fundamentally at odds with one another, but there are certain situations where they can be smoothly combined to yield comprehensive and useful results. See semiclassical gravity.

In summary, while QFT is one of the most accurate and tested models of reality to date, it only explains the behavior of a whopping 4% of the matter content (baryonic) of the universe. Dark energy and dark matter, which constitute the other 96%, have no formal theory to describe them on a fundamental level and QFT does not predict them. There have been attempts via some extensions of QFT and the ideas of supersymmetry, but they are turning out to be monumental failures. Furthermore, QFT is limited to predictions of how elementary particles interact. It has no answer for emergent phenomenon, of which is consciousness. It cannot even predict basic superconductivity. Then there are still questions in even classical physics that are still being researched and remains unanswered. The classic problem in electromagnetism of radiation damping comes to mind.

At the heart of all of this is really just arrogance. The modern atheist scientist scoffs at the idea of god, angels, jinn, etc. or the notion that science cannot explain everything even though there are many in that cohort beginning to question whether we will ever be able to solve some of the more fundamental problems of science (quantum gravity is a very good example of this). The idea that some or even many phenomena in nature are just too complicated for the human mind to solve and understand is one of the most depressing thoughts any scientist would have to come to terms accepting, but it's something across many different disciplines that people are beginning to seriously ask. If that is indeed the case, then how people can scoff at the ideas of consciousness or the soul simply because they cannot be explained at a fundamental level in terms of the interactions of matter particles (electrons, protons, neutrons, etc) and force-mediating particles (photons, W and Z bosons, etc) starts to become comical.

As a side, I did want to mention he was not talking about the HUP (uncertainty principle) or about string theory. I doubt Carroll cares much for string theory. The HUP says basically if a particle is in an eigenstate of say position, it's momentum is indeterminate and would form a spectrum of values. We can absolutely measure it and other so-called observables of the system, but by doing so we lose information about other variables of the system. This is basically the essence of quantum mechanics. But it doesn't imply there is a fundamental ignorance of how say how matter interacts at it's most basic level or it's evolution over time. I just wanted to clarify this issue. It's a very complicated matter unless you have years and years of practice and sort of adjust your mind to it because our minds are totally entrenched in the "classical" way of how a physical system works. There are many ways to refute these people, but this is not an angle you should take and someone who has knowledge of this can use just this part of your argument to try and expose as an ignoramus.
Love this , as for the uncertainty principles I was more referring to the fact of determinancy.The author implies we could measure with certainty "soul particles" etc however our measurement influences the experiment and thus we could indirectly cause it to alter.This altering may cause a particle to disappear etc.

What is your field of study saxib! Physics as well!

Loved your post, My QM experieced is limited to my physics units but I love learning about the wildness of nature.Its weird how Einstein envisioned smooth dimensions which explain everything yet we see the opposite in the quantum level!

Also why do you think general relativity and Quantum physics can't fit with each other? I'm more inclined to a dimensional view.The interactions of dimensions lead to our current systems.However the Quantum system had just as much predictive power so we probably need to form a completely new theory which is able to predict the different Phenomena.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Somali gaals are our last enemy. :susp:

They want us Somalis to burn in hell with them. :nahgirl:

Never shall that happen, Ameen!

These stupid gaals actually believe that God doesn't exist when the the top atheist admitted they don't have the answers of why Humans even exist or what origin this universe came from? All they will say is the universe is limited and it came from the big bang but who start the big bang? And they will tell you "I don't know".

They think only physical dimension exist but in reality they're denying the spiritual side. Alot of humans saw a ghost or a devil and are called crazy but in really they're telling the truth. I've seen some wild shit in my life which is why I know Allah exist.

@Do-I-Look-Somali and @government Look at these ignorant gaals. May Allah guide them. :snoop:

“the laws of physics underlying everyday life are completely understood”- This is blatantly false.I would go as far that we know less due to our current understanding of physics.In the last 100 years the advent of Quantum physics , Special and General relativistic physics had upturned every aspect of classical physics.Common notions we had held for granted were proven false and many such notions are being proven false as we speak.This exposes the fluidity of the theories we use.

The Quantum Field theory and other portions of Quantum mechanics are contradictory and dont fit with its brother theory of General Relativity.For example the current understandings of physics predicts a symmetric universe , antimatter + matter ratio, along with magnetic monopoles. This universe seems to be an exception.

Without getting into the technical the belief that all can be measured is incorrect in fact the Heisenberg Uncertainty principle and general commutative physics have placed restrictions on uncertainties of measurements.Why would the author claim that we can "measure" everything if Dark matter along with Dark energy were only deduced and not detected. How could he forget that many theories in physics, such as string theory, are based in higher dimensions which by nature are often undetectable.(Note you could have effects from these dimensions)

There are no well defined theories in the scientific world which explain consciousness or very well what the notion of being "alive" actually is.The person seems to also understand this as he states "... questions of ... consciousness really work".

All in all Caroll due to his background has an unhealthy biased relation to Religion.He is crossing the boundaries of physics and should stop going on to theology.It is hilarious that he works on a field which has to do with exotic matter yet forgets the essence of physics is to experiment and investigate.
What University are you attending and what Major?

Somali gaals are our last enemy. :susp:

They want us Somalis to burn in hell with them. :nahgirl:

Never shall that happen, Ameen!

These stupid gaals actually believe that God doesn't exist when the the top atheist admitted they don't have the answers of why Humans even exist or what origin this universe came from? All they will say is the universe is limited and it came from the big bang but who start the big bang? And they will tell you "I don't know".

They think only physical dimension exist but in reality they're denying the spiritual side. Alot of humans saw a ghost or a devil and are called crazy but in really they're telling the truth. I've seen some wild shit in my life which is why I know Allah exist.

@Do-I-Look-Somali and @government Look at these ignorant gaals. May Allah guide them. :snoop:
They get embarrassed when i show them this video:

Love this , as for the uncertainty principles I was more referring to the fact of determinancy.The author implies we could measure with certainty "soul particles" etc however our measurement influences the experiment and thus we could indirectly cause it to alter.This altering may cause a particle to disappear etc.

That's his point. He's trying to ridicule the existence of the soul, as he surmises that if the soul exists, then it must be quantized and made of matter particles. It must be the case because everything else in daily life operates like that. Again, he's trying to disprove something that is inherently untestable. This is also an irony because I'm sure he readily admits that the laws of physics breakdown at the singularity of a blackhole, which is a physical and testable object.

What is your field of study saxib! Physics as well!
Take a guess. I'm some ways ahead of you though. Don't neglect your classical mechanics. Lagrangians and Hamiltonians are the language of classical and quantum field theories, and GR is an example of a classical field theory.

Loved your post, My QM experieced is limited to my physics units but I love learning about the wildness of nature.Its weird how Einstein envisioned smooth dimensions which explain everything yet we see the opposite in the quantum level!

Also why do you think general relativity and Quantum physics can't fit with each other? I'm more inclined to a dimensional view.The interactions of dimensions lead to our current systems.However the Quantum system had just as much predictive power so we probably need to form a completely new theory which is able to predict the different Phenomena.

Totally not my field. But I will say that most people expect that gravity should behave quantum mechanically at some level. GR, despite all of it's successes and the recent detection of one of its last predictions, has definitely complicated things because it is still fundamentally a classical theory. So just like Newtonian mechanics and classical electrodynamics break down at the microscopic regime, one would naturally expect GR to breakdown in certain regimes and a quantum description analogous to QED and QCD would be needed. Quantum field theory can explain pretty much everything at a fundamental level as long we are in limit of flat spacetimes (little to no gravitational fields). Once you have non-negligible gravitational fields, QFT breaks down and only GR works as a viable model. But we know many regimes where GR breaks down as well, such as inside black holes as an example. The problem with quantum gravity is producing a formulation that reproduces both GR in the classical regime and QFT in the limit of flat spacetime, just as QFT reproduces QM in the limit of low energies. Many of the best minds in the field have been at it for the past 40 years and have come up with things like strings, loops, etc. but in the grand scheme of things it all seems to have been a waste. It's possible the human mind just lacks the complexity to produce so-called grand unification or a comprehensive theory of quantum gravity. That seems to be more and more the elephant in the room as the years pass by.

That's his point. He's trying to ridicule the existence of the soul, as he surmises that if the soul exists, then it must be quantized and made of matter particles. It must be the case because everything else in daily life operates like that. Again, he's trying to disprove something that is inherently untestable. This is also an irony because I'm sure he readily admits that the laws of physics breakdown at the singularity of a blackhole, which is a physical and testable object.

Take a guess. I'm some ways ahead of you though. Don't neglect your classical mechanics. Lagrangians and Hamiltonians are the language of classical and quantum field theories, and GR is an example of a classical field theory.

Totally not my field. But I will say that most people expect that gravity should behave quantum mechanically at some level. GR, despite all of it's successes and the recent detection of one of its last predictions, has definitely complicated things because it is still fundamentally a classical theory. So just like Newtonian mechanics and classical electrodynamics break down at the microscopic regime, one would naturally expect GR to breakdown in certain regimes and a quantum description analogous to QED and QCD would be needed. Quantum field theory can explain pretty much everything at a fundamental level as long we are in limit of flat spacetimes (little to no gravitational fields). Once you have non-negligible gravitational fields, QFT breaks down and only GR works as a viable model. But we know many regimes where GR breaks down as well, such as inside black holes as an example. The problem with quantum gravity is producing a formulation that reproduces both GR in the classical regime and QFT in the limit of flat spacetime, just as QFT reproduces QM in the limit of low energies. Many of the best minds in the field have been at it for the past 40 years and have come up with things like strings, loops, etc. but in the grand scheme of things it all seems to have been a waste. It's possible the human mind just lacks the complexity to produce so-called grand unification or a comprehensive theory of quantum gravity. That seems to be more and more the elephant in the room as the years pass by.
Intelligence is just the time it takes you to understand a concept in my book.Over time we will either build machines which solve these complicated problems or biologically enhance ourselves to the point that our intelligence increases, im no biologist so don't quote me on that tho xD.

I see this as awesome , we are in the same place Einstein was 100 or so years ago! Physics was thought to be a dead end , back then people believed we solved it all! We are now at a dead end because we think we can't solve it all! This is the perfect period for a completely new theory which will alter physics.I believe we just need to ask the right questions and the answers will flow through us.In the quantum lectures im inspired by the genius of our forerunners when statistically they were much less "intelligent " than us.

As for your field I'm guessing you study a more practical form of quantum physics or perhaps electrical engineering.

Quantum physics , I'm not looking for a job I do physics cause I enjoy it.
Did you know the Top theoretical physicist Edward Witten is the first and so far the only physicist to be awarded a Fields Medal, which is the top math award? If that guy can't solve the problem who can?

Did you know the Top theoretical physicist Edward Witten is the first and so far the only physicist to be awarded a Fields Medal, which is the top math award? If that guy can't solve the problem who can?
It's not only about mathematical rigor, I would argue Euler ,Riemann etc were much better mathematicians than Einstein.The special trick is imagination, how many times a day do you dream about clouds forming ,rotating planes or how the stars move.equations are the second step , the hardest step is imagine and to state certain axioms.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
They get embarrassed when i show them this video:

WTF is this what Somali gaals want to bring in our homeland!!! :faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf:

Atheist believes in no morals and that there is no such thing as love or hate and that emotions is just a myth and an illusion. It's all chemicals in your brain.

I suggest you watch this.

When you can't prove something or dis-prove it, it is best to leave it alone or say with humility that "I don't know".

That's why we talk of "belief".

WTF is this what Somali gaals want to bring in our homeland!!! :faysalwtf::faysalwtf::faysalwtf:

Atheist believes in no morals and that there is no such thing as love or hate and that emotions is just a myth and an illusion. It's all chemicals in your brain.

I suggest you watch this.

Already watched it. The more Atheism, the Less Social Conservatism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts