There is NO life after death: Scientist insists afterlife is IMPOSSIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
THERE is NO life after death, according to one well respected physicist who claims humanity has to abandon all fanciful beliefs and focus on what the laws of the universe dictate.

Sean Carroll, a cosmologist and physics professor at the California Institute of Technology, believes he has put the debate surrounding the afterlife to bed after extensively studying the laws of physics.

Dr Carroll states “the laws of physics underlying everyday life are completely understood” and everything happens within the realms of possibility.

He says for there to be an afterlife, consciousness would need to be something that is entirely separated from our physical body – which it is not.

Rather, consciousness at the very basic level is a series of atoms and electrons which essentially give us our mind.

universe-1052463.jpg

Dr Carroll studied the laws of the universe

he laws of the universe do not allow these particles to operate after our physical demise, according to Dr Carroll

He said: “Claims that some form of consciousness persists after our bodies die and decay into their constituent atoms face one huge, insuperable obstacle: the laws of physics underlying everyday life are completely understood, and there's no way within those laws to allow for the information stored in our brains to persist after we die.”

For his evidence, Dr Carroll points to the Quantum Field Theory (QFT). In simple terms, the QFT is the belief there is one field for each type of particle.

consciousness-1052465.jpg

Consciousness only exists in the mind.

For example, all the photons in the universe are on one level, and all the electrons too have their own field, and for every other type of particle too.

Dr Carroll explains if life continued in some capacity after death, tests on the quantum field would have revealed "spirit particles" and "spirit forces”.

Dr Carroll writes in the Scientific American: “If it's really nothing but atoms and the known forces, there is clearly no way for the soul to survive death.

“Believing in life after death, to put it mildly, requires physics beyond the Standard Model.

“Most importantly, we need some way for that ‘new physics’ to interact with the atoms that we do have.

“Within QFT, there can't be a new collection of ‘spirit particles’ and ‘spirit forces’ that interact with our regular atoms, because we would have detected them in existing experiments.”

nce this is accepted by all scientists, Dr Carroll says, then they can truly begin to understand how the human mind operated.

He said: “There's no reason to be agnostic about ideas that are dramatically incompatible with everything we know about modern science.

“Once we get over any reluctance to face reality on this issue, we can get down to the much more interesting
questions of how human beings and consciousness really work.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scie...ath-what-happens-when-you-die-quantum-physics

“the laws of physics underlying everyday life are completely understood”- This is blatantly false.I would go as far that we know less due to our current understanding of physics.In the last 100 years the advent of Quantum physics , Special and General relativistic physics had upturned every aspect of classical physics.Common notions we had held for granted were proven false and many such notions are being proven false as we speak.This exposes the fluidity of the theories we use.

The Quantum Field theory and other portions of Quantum mechanics are contradictory and dont fit with its brother theory of General Relativity.For example the current understandings of physics predicts a symmetric universe , antimatter + matter ratio, along with magnetic monopoles. This universe seems to be an exception.

Without getting into the technical the belief that all can be measured is incorrect in fact the Heisenberg Uncertainty principle and general commutative physics have placed restrictions on uncertainties of measurements.Why would the author claim that we can "measure" everything if Dark matter along with Dark energy were only deduced and not detected. How could he forget that many theories in physics, such as string theory, are based in higher dimensions which by nature are often undetectable.(Note you could have effects from these dimensions)

There are no well defined theories in the scientific world which explain consciousness or very well what the notion of being "alive" actually is.The person seems to also understand this as he states "... questions of ... consciousness really work".

All in all Caroll due to his background has an unhealthy biased relation to Religion.He is crossing the boundaries of physics and should stop going on to theology.It is hilarious that he works on a field which has to do with exotic matter yet forgets the essence of physics is to experiment and investigate.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Hahhah a gaal cadaan scientist cannot tell me what os true and what is false.

He shall taste the punishment he was denying if he dies in this heedless state

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If u have already decided to be an atheist, a Godless existing creature, WHY then do u obsesses in talking about it everytime??? Just make a decision and be happy with it. Dont second guess yourself. I mean, r u trying to recruit others to be Godless like u? Or is it part of the human beingness that needs GOD and despite rejecting your creator, you just find yourself yearning for more. Wanting for more. lol

Biggie

X X C X X
My other account was miski but I was a miskeen back then and I got bullied off and no I don’t like kpop. why is everyone here so paranoid???? Weird
I thought you would've been someone else lol. Damn you got bullied off here? I never take anyone on here 100% seriousky tbh. Glad to have fellow non-muslims walaalo :friendhug:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
"And if thou wonderest , then wondrous is their saying : When we are dust , are we then forsooth ( to be raised ) in a new creation ? Such are they who disbelieve in their Lord ; such have carcans on their necks ; such are rightful owners of the Fire , they will abide therein" Quran 13:5

I thought you would've been someone else lol. Damn you got bullied off here? I never take anyone on here 100% seriousky tbh. Glad to have fellow non-muslims walaalo :friendhug:
I asked for advice I was very very naive lol most people here are mean old trolls. I figured if you can beat em join em so I have mostly been messing around on here. Me too!!! We most form a brotherhood or a sisterhood technically

There are no well defined theories in the scientific world which explain consciousness or very well what the notion of being "alive" actually is.The person seems to also understand this as he states "... questions of ... consciousness really work".

Canjeero

Give us the Muslim version of consciousness, Islam believes the existence of consciousness/soul/ruux that even gets "questioned and interrogated in the grave soon after death of a human-being".

If it exists in your religion, then you missed the argument of the good ol' professor, his argument is, can consciousness be separated from the body and is consciousness the product of the brain? No need to delve into quantum mechanics and general relativity and if they contradict or are different theories that have different formulations. That is for another debate. If your answer to these questions is the affirmative, then there is no way for you to prove there is life after death but insult our intelligence and argue, Allah told us.

OmarAli

Tall, Brown-Skin Caucasian
After life, no one is talking about the conscious. It's the soul. The soul is within your body and will go back to its Lord when you die. Do you atheists honestly believe we came on this earth for no purpose or reason? We are just too perfect to be made by a non creator. I suggest you guys watch this.

religion itself is contradictory and argumentative.in it you cant find formula that says 2+2=4 let alone any higher up mind consuming stuff like physics.it cant prove anything that's why most pro religion debators switch to vulgarity in their 2nd comment.

Last edited:
Canjeero

Give us the Muslim version of consciousness, Islam believes the existence of consciousness/soul/ruux that even gets "questioned and interrogated in the grave soon after death of a human-being".

If it exists in your religion, then you missed the argument of the good ol' professor, his argument is, can consciousness be separated from the body and is consciousness the product of the brain? No need to delve into quantum mechanics and general relativity and if they contradict or are different theories that have different formulations. That is for another debate. If your answer to these questions is the affirmative, then there is no way for you to prove there is life after death but insult our intelligence and argue, Allah told us.
The Quran often refers to the Veil, the professors argument can be used as well against the Jinn etc.However as any physics student can tell you our measurements are faulty at most energy levels leading us to perceive the universe as something other than a chaotic mess of quantum waves.There is much debate on this view but so far its been upheld that our classical measurements affect our experiments and hence cannot be used to probe atoms etc.It was through Quantum Mechanics that we could finally probe atoms using STM.

As for what the Professor is stipulating, he is stating that we can measure everything and since the soul cant be measured it mustnt exist.Faulty logic by a narrow minded person.

The basis of everything in islam is "Because Allah told us.." to ask me about the soul is contradictory as the Quran states that the souls processes belong to Allah's knowledge.I can stipulate but hey... what good would that do.

“the laws of physics underlying everyday life are completely understood”- This is blatantly false.I would go as far that we know less due to our current understanding of physics.In the last 100 years the advent of Quantum physics , Special and General relativistic physics had upturned every aspect of classical physics.Common notions we had held for granted were proven false and many such notions are being proven false as we speak.This exposes the fluidity of the theories we use.

The Quantum Field theory and other portions of Quantum mechanics are contradictory and dont fit with its brother theory of General Relativity.For example the current understandings of physics predicts a symmetric universe , antimatter + matter ratio, along with magnetic monopoles. This universe seems to be an exception.

Without getting into the technical the belief that all can be measured is incorrect in fact the Heisenberg Uncertainty principle and general commutative physics have placed restrictions on uncertainties of measurements.Why would the author claim that we can "measure" everything if Dark matter along with Dark energy were only deduced and not detected. How could he forget that many theories in physics, such as string theory, are based in higher dimensions which by nature are often undetectable.(Note you could have effects from these dimensions)

All in all Caroll due to his background has an unhealthy biased relation to Religion.He is crossing the boundaries of physics and should stop going on to theology.It is hilarious that he works on a field which has to do with exotic matter yet forgets the essence of physics is to experiment and investigate.

Good post. I would also like to add that QFT (quantum field theory) predicts a spin-2 boson called the graviton as the quantum of gravity. GR (general relativity), which is Carrol's field, says gravity is just the geometry of spacetime reacting to local mass-energy via the well-known stress-energy tensor. The two models are fundamentally at odds with one another, but there are certain situations where they can be smoothly combined to yield comprehensive and useful results. See semiclassical gravity.

In summary, while QFT is one of the most accurate and tested models of reality to date, it only explains the behavior of a whopping 4% of the matter content (baryonic) of the universe. Dark energy and dark matter, which constitute the other 96%, have no formal theory to describe them on a fundamental level and QFT does not predict them. There have been attempts via some extensions of QFT and the ideas of supersymmetry, but they are turning out to be monumental failures. Furthermore, QFT is limited to predictions of how elementary particles interact. It has no answer for emergent phenomenon, of which is consciousness. It cannot even predict basic superconductivity. Then there are still questions in even classical physics that are still being researched and remains unanswered. The classic problem in electromagnetism of radiation damping comes to mind.

At the heart of all of this is really just arrogance. The modern atheist scientist scoffs at the idea of god, angels, jinn, etc. or the notion that science cannot explain everything even though there are many in that cohort beginning to question whether we will ever be able to solve some of the more fundamental problems of science (quantum gravity is a very good example of this). The idea that some or even many phenomena in nature are just too complicated for the human mind to solve and understand is one of the most depressing thoughts any scientist would have to come to terms accepting, but it's something across many different disciplines that people are beginning to seriously ask. If that is indeed the case, then how people can scoff at the ideas of consciousness or the soul simply because they cannot be explained at a fundamental level in terms of the interactions of matter particles (electrons, protons, neutrons, etc) and force-mediating particles (photons, W and Z bosons, etc) starts to become comical.

As a side, I did want to mention he was not talking about the HUP (uncertainty principle) or about string theory. I doubt Carroll cares much for string theory. The HUP says basically if a particle is in an eigenstate of say position, it's momentum is indeterminate and would form a spectrum of values. We can absolutely measure it and other so-called observables of the system, but by doing so we lose information about other variables of the system. This is basically the essence of quantum mechanics. But it doesn't imply there is a fundamental ignorance of how say how matter interacts at it's most basic level or it's evolution over time. I just wanted to clarify this issue. It's a very complicated matter unless you have years and years of practice and sort of adjust your mind to it because our minds are totally entrenched in the "classical" way of how a physical system works. There are many ways to refute these people, but this is not an angle you should take and someone who has knowledge of this can use just this part of your argument to try and expose as an ignoramus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts