The white slums of South Africa. (Living broke as a white person in Africa)

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
lol isn’t that little hypocritical? Saying that while your staying in their countries, going to schools paid by their taxes? Living in homes built by them? If we were living in Africa then I could understand this sentiment but we’re not. By saying what you just said you’re no different than those trumpsters who says “go back to your country! Get a one way ticket to your shithole”. Let’s have some empathy guys.
it’s nowhere near the same lol. In fact, expatriating them to Netherlands would be a huge favour.

They also didn’t come to the west by colonizing and oppressing the natives. They claim legally. You also say “going to schools paid by THEIR taxes”, as if she doesn’t pay those taxes as well, it’s also HER taxes so she’s just as entitled to it as others. You say “living in homes built by THEM”, when Im very sure immigrants have helped build most of those homes.

You make it seem like @AishaBarri just waltzed in and living a comfortable life without effort in the west.

I hate sorry people like you who devalue yourselves to the point you believe everything was spoonfed to you by whites so you owe everyone of their kind your sympathy.

If she’s living in the US, everyone there is as much of an immigrant as her. If she’s living in UK, then she has as much right to to take advantage of them just as they took advantage of the world (including somalia).

Mr Sufi

PURPLE HAZE THE PURPLE ONE HAS RETURNED
100s of years of abusing the black population
Made a system called apartheid beat rape abuse the natives have pictures on their walls of their black maids on their knees while their white kids ride their backs Google it

And we are suppose to feel sorry for some white girls selling their bodies as prostitutes and feel bad for the men who can't find jobs f*ck THEM let them SUFFER ITS YOUR TURN NOW WHITE BASTARDS people have to understand generational curse IF YOUR ANCESTORS DESTROY AND PILLAGE AND THEY GET AWAY WITH IT IN THIS LIFE
THEY WILL SUFFER on THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT AND THEIR FUTURE OFFSPRINGS WILL SUFFER HENCE FUTURE GENERATIONS living in poverty

Mr Sufi

PURPLE HAZE THE PURPLE ONE HAS RETURNED
OMG yess
it's so annoying how white south Africans are always presented as oppressed people when they not only own the most capital but also heavily discriminate against black people on black land.
don't even get me started on the 'white farmer genocide' bs being spread by conservatives. White farmers account for roughly 76% of all farmers in south Africa and only 5% of 'murders' against farmers are white. I honestly wish 100% of the murders were white just 2 inflict a fraction of the pain they inflict on black South Africans then I'm reminded they hate us too so whatever but yh
Usually the farmers who get murdered are the whites that don't pay the workers
The white media of South Africa doesn't want you to know that

I thought I wouldn't feel for these apartheid Boers but I felt sad seeing the desperation and suffering on their kids faces.

It's astonishing seeing these Boers living in squalor in tent slums while their kins are living like royalty and drowning in excessive wealth in places like Sandton.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
Imagine living in a slum and still being racist. They’re missing the good old days of apartheid
Which is why I watched that documentary unbothered in my robe while drinking a cup of coffee on the padio
giphy.gif

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Hmm interesting....previous altercation you say? 🤨 Could’ve sworn this is the first time we’re meeting but whatever you say...😅

on more serious note, do you reside in SA? How long? What region if you don’t me asking. I was under the impression that Somalis live in constant fear there but it sounds like it depends on the region. Horta why don’t you guys bring your families to SA. Someone was telling me its predominantly men living there. I’m looking to move from the west, never considered SA before... maybe I should. Heard it’s ridiculously easy to set up shop, maybe import from China or something? 🤔
I have left Somalia 19 years ago ,
I spent several months in many countries during my tahriib before seeking asylum in Mozambique which took the entire process approximately four years I then arrived in South Africa.

I have been living in the townships of Soweto and Diepsloot and finished my elementary there , I then relocated to "Mayfair" a predominant Somali neighbourhood in Johannesburg I began my first year of secondary there and moved to Cape Town as it was difficult times to be a Somali , I have been living in this city for good ten years , I've seen both ugly and good sides , it's a place of contrasts.

I would say living in the townships were the worst experience , you become sleepless , depressed and even suicidal you worry about your safety and Somalis are not people that listen , just imagine this , you enter a deprived area , you set up a store right infront of them, according to your way of thinking you already know you are an asylum seeker , financially unstable and you risk being homeless if you were living in the city but you see this window of opportunity to alleviate the abject poverty that surrounded you since this is honest way to make a living but to the people of the townships hunger and Aids are so strife that you attract all the unnecessary attention , to these people it's like walking with chains of gold , Rolex or
nice takkies( fancy sneakers) in a dangerous , unsanitary, neglected shantytown where people eat the crumbs of bread , rotting food and even insects, the question is will you get robbed if not killed and your belongings taken?
The answers is yes , aslong you live there , these people only see you as a cash cow , your life will be a living hell.
Those are the main reasons why Spaza owners in any townships won't last few months , I would give them a Guinness World Record if they can last for more than 3 months. They always end up moving to different townships only to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.
And most newly arrived Somalis especially the younger males do not heed to the warnings of experienced , I guess we can say they're stubborn and a little disorganized, there is large gap between older and newer generation they see us entitled xaasids eventhough we warn them about the possible dangers but I guess not listening are the many factors why Somalia is still fucked up to this day.

Okay what about the cities? What's life like ?

In the cities it's still dangerous but nowhere near the townships , you may get harrassed by corrupt police officers or get extorted by gangsters , it depends on which municipality you reside in, I'm talking about my experiences in Johannesburg in general , there are opportunities that weren't available in the townships , you are entitled to have rights even when robbed , looted or stabbed you can file against , it has it's safe side and bad side.
But the feeling of anxiety and fears are miniscule. You only have to take precarious measure and avoid at all cost being at the wrong place , at the wrong time, it can get really ugly and you are prone to all degrees of crimes hence you have to take precautions also in that city if you are outside after 8PM be careful because that city shows it's true colours at night , most crimes happen once the sun sets.
Cape Town differs ,it may be the murder capital, random gang related shootings may happen but its nightlife is not so dangerous anroaming around till 3 AM or even 6 AM is possible although avoiding deprived areas and townships that intertwined within the city should be taken into consideration,as I have mentioned before it's a city of contrasts.

Despite the large numbers of single men displayed by the media, don't let it fool you , in some districts like in Belleville and Fairfield the ratio between couples and Iskaabulo are even , but if we were to address this in general there are more Somali males than females , even if we look at the age range , between the respective genders
there are 20-30 year old Somalis males and it is rare to find the same with their female counterparts which mostly consist from 0-10 yrs old and 30+ - 40 + , hence this brings irregularities and uneveness , many young males have mostly intermarried with Muslim Coloured women , immigrants like Oromos , Eritreans and etc while a small fraction of Somali men travelled to East Africa for marriage purposes, to some extent they bring their entire families.

It isn't easy to set a shop right away , it depends on which chain you'll form partnership with , you need to get licensed which would be approved by the ministry of commerce especially if you're an expat , there are several dual national Geeljires that live here , I will ask them once I see them.

There are people who left Canada , Netherlands and the UK and have shops and restaurants within the Somali neighbourhood and across the CBD .

so they don’t only attack us, they attack all Africans from outside their country?Do they also attack Indians and Chinese etc? It just black foreigners?
They attack Africans , Pakistani and Indian immigrants , it's not that often to hear White and third generation Indians owners to get attacked , one incident did make it on the headlines and they were protesting , Chinese people stay in China town there are few problems they faced but these people are so smart they got the attorneys involved. The same attorneys that African immigrants shit their pants.
It's sad story.
hindi>>madow>>cadaan imo in south africa saas weeye

True , have you ever heard of the Guptas.

Last edited:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
To be blunt it's everyone for themselves. Somalis need to help other Somalis and prioritise uplifting our own communities. Their is no reason for us to be making these pointless allegiances as the same people do absolutely nothing for us. It looks like other African communities are seeing the reality and moving away from it as they should.

I highly doubt that, in the meantime it is common to witness Somalis devaluing themselves and pleasing others let alone lending a hand to their fellow countrymen, that problem had long existed.
And it will continue on aslong our societies are disenfranchised and dysfunctional.

I understand where you are coming from , but I believe you have realised this a little too late don't you think?
This is issue was rampant in the early 80's , pledging loyalties to useless and baseless causes like the Arab League and various entities, were these allegiances addressed back then ?
I believe not.
Since our people faced mass indoctrination and many have different narratives hence it have been proven it would be another challenge to reform their mindset with Geeljire First .

I have left Somalia 19 years ago ,
I spent several months in many countries during my tahriib before seeking asylum in Mozambique which took the entire process approximately four years I then arrived in South Africa.

I have been living in the townships of Soweto and Diepsloot and finished my elementary there , I then relocated to "Mayfair" a predominant Somali neighbourhood in Johannesburg I began my first year of secondary there and moved to Cape Town as it was difficult times to be a Somali , I have been living in this city for good ten years , I've seen both ugly and good sides , it's a place of contrasts.

I would say living in the townships were the worst experience , you become sleepless , depressed and even suicidal you worry about your safety and Somalis are not people that listen , just imagine this , you enter a deprived area , you set up a store right infront of them, according to your way of thinking you already know you are an asylum seeker , financially unstable and you risk being homeless if you were living in the city but you see this window of opportunity to alleviate the abject poverty that surrounded you since this is honest way to make a living but to the people of the townships hunger and Aids are so strife that you attract all the unnecessary attention , to these people it's like walking with chains of gold , Rolex or
nice takkies( fancy sneakers) in a dangerous , unsanitary, neglected shantytown where people eat the crumbs of bread , rotting food and even insects, the question is will you get robbed if not killed and your belongings taken?
The answers is yes , aslong you live there , these people only see you as a cash cow , your life will be a living hell.
Those are the main reasons why Spaza owners in any townships won't last few months , I would give them a Guinness World Record if they can last for more than 3 months. They always end up moving to different townships only to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.
And most newly arrived Somalis especially the younger males do not heed to the warnings of experienced , I guess we can say they're stubborn and a little disorganized, there is large gap between older and newer generation they see us entitled xaasids eventhough we warn them about the possible dangers but I guess not listening are the many factors why Somalia is still fucked up to this day.

Okay what about the cities? What's life like ?

In the cities it's still dangerous but nowhere near the townships , you may get harrassed by corrupt police officers or get extorted by gangsters , it depends on which municipality you reside in, I'm talking about my experiences in Johannesburg in general , there are opportunities that weren't available in the townships , you are entitled to have rights even when robbed , looted or stabbed you can file against , it has it's safe side and bad side.
But the feeling of anxiety and fears are miniscule. You only have to take precarious measure and avoid at all cost being at the wrong place , at the wrong time, it can get really ugly and you are prone to all degrees of crimes hence you have to take precautions also in that city if you are outside after 8PM be careful because that city shows it's true colours at night , most crimes happen once the sun sets.
Cape Town differs ,it may be the murder capital, random gang related shootings may happen but its nightlife is not so dangerous anroaming around till 3 AM or even 6 AM is possible although avoiding deprived areas and townships that intertwined within the city should be taken into consideration,as I have mentioned before it's a city of contrasts.

Despite the large numbers of single men displayed by the media, don't let it fool you , in some districts like in Belleville and Fairfield the ratio between couples and Iskaabulo are even , but if we were to address this in general there are more Somali males than females , even if we look at the age range , between the respective genders
there are 20-30 year old Somalis males and it is rare to find the same with their female counterparts which mostly consist from 0-10 yrs old and 30+ - 40 + , hence this brings irregularities and uneveness , many young males have mostly intermarried with Muslim Coloured women , immigrants like Oromos , Eritreans and etc while a small fraction of Somali men travelled to East Africa for marriage purposes, to some extent they bring their entire families.

It isn't easy to set a shop right away , it depends on which chain you'll form partnership with , you need to get licensed which would be approved by the ministry of commerce especially if you're an expat , there are several dual national Geeljires that live here , I will ask them once I see them.

There are people who left Canada , Netherlands and the UK and have shops and restaurants within the Somali neighbourhood and across the CBD .

They attack Africans , Pakistani and Indian immigrants , it's not that often to hear White and third generation Indians owners to get attacked , one incident did make it on the headlines and they were protesting , Chinese people stay in China town there are few problems they faced but these people are so smart they got the attorneys involved. The same attorneys that African immigrants shit their pants.
It's sad story.

True , have you ever heard of the Guptas.

very informative! Wow you really are established there like we are in the west. That’s amazing to know there are thriving Somali community in SA! Maybe I’ll visit soon. In some ways it sounds like not a bad place to live and in other ways it’s sounds incredibly more challenging then living in the US or Canada etc.

the funny part about that is, it’s the native SAs that’s killing somali merchants not the whites. And had SA been completely madow I don’t think a single Somali would ever dream to set up shop there.

As for your point about taxes and living in their homes well, people pay taxes and own their homes legally so I don’t see the correlation”

Whites had to accept you into their country first, gave you refugee status and then citizenship before you owned anything or paid taxes to anyone. So let’s not misconstrued my point. I’m not saying we don’t pay taxes or don’t own homes, I’m simply saying we living in cadaan lands and utilize the benefits that’s comes along with it, so who are we to tell anyone else to go back to their country when we ourselves aren’t living in our own.

Did we colonise the West? Did we enslave them? Did we try to erase their indigenous culture? Did we treat the natives like 2nd class citizens? Did we prevent them from economic development? Did we steal their land? If we did any of the above, we would not be in the West.

Take that into account before saying what you are saying.

Last edited:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Did we colonise the West? Did we enslave them? Did we try to erase their indigenous culture? Did we treat the natives like 2nd class citizens? Did we prevent them from economic development? Did we steal their land? If we did any of the above, we would not be in the West.

Take that into account before saying what you are saying.
Yes , history has told us the dangerous nature of the Europeans, I have studied well on that matter and sympathise the ordeal these people went through ,
The Native Americans, the Aboriginals and the Amerindians had their lands confiscated , they were introduced to unfamiliar diseases like chicken pox that killed millions of them, the Spanish conquest and greed amputated thousands of Amerindians for gold and raped their women , procreating a new generation of Mestizos that today marginalises the full blooded Amerindians , the white man introduced them their Bible and stole their lands , that same pattern was repeated throughout the Americas North and South and eventually to Australia , let's not also forget that the British were too powerless to defeat the mighty Chinese dynasty hence they devised a schematic plan to weaken and divide them into small entities take the Opium crisis for example which led to the full annexation of Hong Kong, what I am implying their ancestors are not saints and their offsprings they carry on their legacies of cynical cycle of evil but in a subtle manner.
To say they're innocent would be hypocritical.
We all know what people of colour went through under the reign of the white men.

Its clear enough to see the full picture and no their so called democratic Roman syndrome beaucracy is not perfect.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
very informative! Wow you really are established there like we are in the west. That’s amazing to know there are thriving Somali community in SA! Maybe I’ll visit soon. In some ways it sounds like not a bad place to live and in other ways it’s sounds incredibly more challenging then living in the US or Canada etc.

Is life in the west complicated??

Trending