The Sun orbits the Earth, and the Moon does too.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
How can the earth be spinning so quicky and so astronomically fast whilst orbiting the sun? Would it not crash into debris? Would not one massive meteor crush it? You guys claim universe is so vast and filled with planets and stars yet somehow the 8 planets in our solar system revolve around the sun in unison without any hiccups for billions of years?

Its not logical at all you probably believe in spinning earth too watch this video for education.

the planets around us protect the earth. Just observe the numerous meteorite impact zones on the moon.
The earth also has some kind of gravitational pull which keeps the debris rotating around the earth. The meteorites have to travel in specific routes to not get stuck in the gravitational pull off the planets , moon and star in our space neighborhood.

My fellow somali read a book sometimes noh, the earth is blessed with gravity so that we don’t die immediately. The earth spins to fast for anything to stay stationary without gravity. And without the biological stabilizer in your ear you wouldn’t even be able to balance yourself with gravity and all.

the more you find out, the more you will find god’s amazing design for our planet and species

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I'm just saying for the Earth-orbits-the-sun-people, don't be tricked by what the secular astronomers teach you, because that's not true unless you can back it up with Islamic evidence. Like, I can't even specify is dinosaurs even existed because the evidence of them ever being alive is not in the Qur'an or Sunnah, so I cannot clarify, but Allah knows the Unseen, so there could be something too.
It’s all relative. It depends on your reference point.

The Sun orbits the Earth and the Earth orbits the Sun. If you’re on Earth you see the Sun orbit the Earth because the Earth is your reference and if you were to be on the Sun it would look like the Earth orbits the Sun.

However it makes sense to use the Sun as the centre because of its mass and effect on all planets on the solar system. It’s 99.8% of the solar systems mass therefore has a gravitational pull on every planet.

The actual centre of our solar system is the Barycentre which is near the centre of the Sun but can sometimes be outside of it.

Once you understand this concept you’ll realise this argument is the most futile.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I always wonder about this. Dinosaurs definitely existed but until we really have DNA samples where they exactly sat on the animal tree is a bit speculative. Look up taxonomic classifications before DNA got discovered and how much some of it got turned on its head, even within species like ours, once DNA sampling became a thing. Would you have ever assumed tenrecs were closer to elephants than to mice?
Relatively quick convergent/divergent evolution is really amazing, I tripped out when I first learned about it

Why do you say that?
Because the theory of evolution from dinosaurs to birds is based on finding the most plausible link between 2 sets of evidence, I don't necessarily believe as a fact that dinosaurs turned into birds, although it may be the best theory we have right now

Because the theory of evolution from dinosaurs to birds is based on finding the most plausible link between 2 sets of evidence, I don't necessarily believe as a fact that dinosaurs turned into birds, although it may be the best theory we have right now
The fossil record is pretty robust at this point beyond just the archaeopteryx, there isn't any wild saltations. And there's fossilized feathers, four chambered hearts, hollow bones.

Last edited:
The fossil record is pretty robust at this point beyond just the archaeopteryx, there isn't any wild saltations. And there's fossilized feathers, four chambered hearts, hollow bones.
Thats what I am talking about, the evidence we have is an isolated fossil, then we draw connections between different fossils and assume its evolution. I'm not 100% convinced

xLibaxsenderx

Hana deul
Riddle me this, why's the noon sun significantly hotter than the setting sun? Is this an indication that the earth is elliptical as opposed to spherical?

xLibaxsenderx

Hana deul
Riddle me this, why's the noon sun significantly hotter than the setting sun? Is this an indication that the earth is elliptical as opposed to spherical?
I've given the matter some more thought and the earth is possibly spherical just as the moon and the heat difference of the noon and horizon sun can be explained by this diagram and disparity in distance
IMG_20220624_122301756~2.jpg

Although secular school likes to teach us that the world is spinning and that it is going around the Sun at the same time, the Qur'an clearly states otherwise. Check Surah Rahman, and if you have an English Qur'an, go to the index and look for the word Sun, and see what Allah says about it. Oh, and there is also no evidence showing us that the Earth turns 360 degrees every 24 hours, so the Earth could very well be stationary as well. Just saying.
Don't read any good science fiction books.
They will damage your brain.

A Fall of Moondust by Arthur C Clarke

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Although secular school likes to teach us that the world is spinning and that it is going around the Sun at the same time, the Qur'an clearly states otherwise. Check Surah Rahman, and if you have an English Qur'an, go to the index and look for the word Sun, and see what Allah says about it. Oh, and there is also no evidence showing us that the Earth turns 360 degrees every 24 hours, so the Earth could very well be stationary as well. Just saying.

So the earth is stationary?
1665080182224.png